OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 75 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Just had a slice from PizzaCo, the new joint in Stratford across from 2 Roads. Apparently the same proprietor as 2Roads, according to the girl at the register. They only sell small pies, starting at $12. It was good but not great, I'd say a 7/10. I had the margherita. I will stop there again, but when I am in the area, not as a destination. I should give it another shot and actually eat there - I didn't get to eat it until approx. 30 minutes after pickup. Some pies definitely need to be eaten crispy and hot and mine was lukewarm. Good pizza is still great, even if its not Pepe's, and this would have been even better if I was able to snag a Two Juicy.

Reaction Score
Just had a slice from PizzaCo, the new joint in Stratford across from 2 Roads. Apparently the same proprietor as 2Roads, according to the girl at the register. They only sell small pies, starting at $12. It was good but not great, I'd say a 7/10. I had the margherita. I will stop there again, but when I am in the area, not as a destination. I should give it another shot and actually eat there - I didn't get to eat it until approx. 30 minutes after pickup. Some pies definitely need to be eaten crispy and hot and mine was lukewarm. Good pizza is still great, even if its not Pepe's, and this would have been even better if I was able to snag a Two Juicy.

Thanks for the update, I have to give them a go since I live so close.

Reaction Score
Stratford people, how about Salerno's? They were always solid from what I recall.

And on another topic, how about Jerry's Shakespeare Pizza's Sicilian pizza? Still legit?
I've been to Salerno's but the pizza I ordered was runny. Meaning when you tilt the box the cheese moves.
Jerry's is good, not great or special.

My wife (who's palette is not the best, but her cooking is) loves Honeyspot Pizza in Stratford, confusing the hell out of me.

A new spot opened this week called PizzaCo. Linky The baker named Bruno is supposedly well certified. Will report back after I try it.

Edit: Didn't see @walker11 above review of PizzaCo. Now the pressure is on.

Reaction Score
Have you ever been to Beverly Pizza (right down the road)? Hugely underrated, IMO. Quite possibly my favorite crust, as long as its slightly well done. FWIW, I had a 9.5/10 slice from Pepe's Fairfield last night. When they are on, hard to beat.
Beverly makes a very good pie, for slummers there is Star Pizza on Park Ave. Back in the day Famous was tops in Bridgeport along with Captain's Pizza (which still is a good greasy tasting pie).

Famous nowadays taste like ketchup and american cheese on toast.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been to Salerno's but the pizza I ordered was runny. Meaning when you tilt the box the cheese moves.
It was never a go-to for us, but good in a pinch. It's funny that you mention the runniness, though, as my memory is that the taste was right, but it was always runny exactly the way you describe.

Jerry's was strictly for the novelty of the Sicilian slices for me. It was a passing phase when I thought stuffing my face with dough was good.

pepband99

Resident TV nerd
Reaction Score
Beverly makes a very good pie, for slummers there is Star Pizza on Park Ave. Back in the day Famous was tops in Bridgeport along with Captain's Pizza (which still is a good greasy tasting pie).

Famous nowadays taste like ketchup and american cheese on toast.

Brewport is the new Bridgeport king, IMHO. Place is awesome.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
I can say with 100% certainty that I've had the world's worst pizza. On my last business trip to China, my office ordered pizza from Pizza Hut (figuring Americans can't live without pizza...I didn't even know Pizza Hut was in China). It was an ungodly combination of ham, pineapple, corn (yes, kernels of corn), soy sauce instead of tomato sauce, and some tofu abomination attempting to pass itself off as cheese. Yum!

Reaction Score
I can say with 100% certainty that I've had the world's worst pizza. On my last business trip to China, my office ordered pizza from Pizza Hut (figuring Americans can't live without pizza...I didn't even know Pizza Hut was in China). It was an ungodly combination of ham, pineapple, corn (yes, kernels of corn), soy sauce instead of tomato sauce, and some tofu abomination attempting to pass itself off as cheese. Yum!

They were w/ ya.

Hell, I would have walked to street and gotten the braised pig intestine special from the sidewalk roach cart instead.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Without cheese, I'm not sure that qualifies as pizza.

UCweCONN

Former Poster
Reaction Score
They were w/ ya.

Hell, I would have walked to street and gotten the braised pig intestine special from the roach coach instead
Not when I'm the one doing their performance reviews.....

Reaction Score
Not when I'm the one doing their performance reviews.....

Next year add a rubric on the review for acceptable pizza.

Corn Kernals... and I thought the honey wheat crust in Denver was bad...

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score

I had Pizza Hut in India. Was exactly the same except all the meats ( sausage , pepperoni etc... ) were made out of chicken.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
I had Pizza Hut in India. Was exactly the same except all the meats ( sausage , pepperoni etc... ) were made out of chicken.
South of New Jersey and foreign countries equal risky pizza. I ordered Pizza Hut in Costa Rica for my kids a few times. It taste exactly the way it tastes here - like garbage.

Reaction Score

OK so I am following your lead and adding an abominable food experience instead of a pizza experience. I was in Costa Rica for several weeks this past winter and while the food was good for the most part, I missed bacon in a big way and apparently Ticos don't eat bacon (even though they eat all types of pork). I was in Dominical, which is a touristy place and saw a BEC on the menu of a little breakfast place and my mouth was watering. Imagine my expression when I was handed a cold roll with bologna, 2 slices of cold Kraft cheese, mayo and tomatoes, and no eggs. Most underwhelming experience of my life.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
By the way , I just found out that Pepe's was putting shrimp on their pizza. I ordered two with claims two weeks ago.

Reaction Score
You can keep your belts of sunshine and bibles. We are truly blessed.

c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800.jpg

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom