OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 73 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Curiouser
Reaction Score
That sounds like a limo lib pie.
It tastes like heaven. You can hear angels singing when you smell it.

Seriously though, the egg is the only oddity for a pizza topping, but it obviously works with those ingredients. Guanciale and black truffles are pretty easy to find in Italy.

Reaction Score
I feel like this could get me banned from this thread. I have been doing a 0 carb, 0 sugar diet for about a month now. I'll have a cheat slice or beer every week or 2, but in the meantime, I have been making a mean pizza with a almond flour/mozz/egg/cream cheese crust that is legitimately very good. The crust tastes like a cheeze-it, which is an excellent thing in my book. Now I eat about 4 "pizza" pies a week and it is the staple of my diet.
Be careful with that kind of diet, low carb and low sugar means high protein, and that means your kidneys will be working overtime to deal with all the protein. When you solve one problem others (sometimes more serious) crop up. If you are active and physically fit, gluten and carbs have their place.

Reaction Score

Seriously though, the egg is the only oddity for a pizza topping, but it obviously works with those ingredients. Guanciale and black truffles are pretty easy to find in Italy.
Sounds awesome, I was just channeling my inner .

Reaction Score
Be careful with that kind of diet, low carb and low sugar means high protein, and that means your kidneys will be working overtime to deal with all the protein. When you solve one problem others (sometimes more serious) crop up. If you are active and physically fit, gluten and carbs have their place.

High fat, not protein.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score

I worked in Byram in the early 80s, back when Tarry Lodge was a shot n' beer joint with a $2.99 personal pizza special for lunch that was cooked in what was basically a toaster oven. I couldn't believe Batali bought the place. Might have to stop there next time I do a VarMax run on my way home from CT.

Reaction Score
Yeah, there is not much in Fairfield county besides Colony and if you like Greek Pizza, Paradise in Stratford.
There are some hidden gems. One of the best pizzas in Fairfield County is made inside the Fairfield train station. It's called the Dolphin Pizzeria. South side of the tracks.

Reaction Score
There are some hidden gems. One of the best pizzas in Fairfield County is made inside the Fairfield train station. It's called the Dolphin Pizzeria. South side of the tracks.

Dolphin is good, not great IMO. Their slices are substantially better than their pies. My favorite "hidden gem" is Pizza Mediterranean. It doesn't reach the highs of Pepe's but I think its a consistent 8/10.

Reaction Score
Dolphin is good, not great IMO. Their slices are substantially better than their pies. My favorite "hidden gem" is Pizza Mediterranean. It doesn't reach the highs of Pepe's but I think its a consistent 8/10.
Yeah that's good too, right next to the barber shop.

Reaction Score
Lol. Choose your poison. A high fat diet is intriguing though, hope it works for you.

My last post on dieting. Google ketogenic diet. A lot of interesting research. Many people are beginning to think saturated fat got a bad rap. I am getting blood work done to make sure everything is kosher. I mostly eat nuts, lean meats, coconut oil, leafy vegetables and full-fat dairy. I don't need to lose weight, I just feel infinitely better physically. Steady, consistent energy, no crashes, much better digestion.

Back to pizza. I think Fire Engine Pizza in BPT is another joint well worth trying out.

Reaction Score
Yeah that's good too, right next to the barber shop.

Ha, that's funny. Michael Anthony's. I have been getting my hair cut there for 25 years. My father before me. Tony (main guy) used to cut my grandfathers hair 50 years ago when they were on Stratfield Road.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Stratford people, how about Salerno's? They were always solid from what I recall.

And on another topic, how about Jerry's Shakespeare Pizza's Sicilian pizza? Still legit?

Reaction Score
Stratford people, how about Salerno's? They were always solid from what I recall.

And on another topic, how about Jerry's Shakespeare Pizza's Sicilian pizza? Still legit?

Salerno's is not as good as it used to be. It's okay but not anything to rave over. Jerry's Shakespeare has turned into a disaster. I live about a mile away from there and wouldn't eat it if it was free. Paradise Pizza is the best in Stratford and it's not close. It's Greek pizza but it is really good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Salerno's is not as good as it used to be. It's okay but not anything to rave over. Jerry's Shakespeare has turned into a disaster. I live about a mile away from there and wouldn't eat it if it was free. Paradise Pizza is the best in Stratford and it's not close. It's Greek pizza but it is really good.
That's too bad.

Yeah, Paradise has always been solid for what it is. Good people, too.

I think I still have some residual scarring on my chin from a scalding piece of cheese that slid off the top of a Jerry's Sicilian slice some 35 years ago.

Rose's in Lordship was our go-to back in the day but I know they've been gone for a while.

Papa's in Milford was probably the next best within range in recent years--for their "cone"grinders as much as their pie.

Reaction Score

Rose's in Lordship was our go-to back in the day but I know they've been gone for a while.

There is a pizza place there now. The old owner (or chef don't remember) supposedly came in and taught them how they made it when it was Rose's, but it's not the same.

Reaction Score
Bridgeport had a real good one years ago on upper Madison Avenue. Pizza Time!!! The old man died years ago and he had like four daughters, no sons to run the business. Pizza Time was very good, best thing about it was it was only five minutes from my house in Fairfield.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Anyone remember Steve and Tom's in Vernon/Ellington? - one great pizza
Not many good places around anymore
I make a damn good homemade one

Reaction Score
Bridgeport had a real good one years ago on upper Madison Avenue. Pizza Time!!! The old man died years ago and he had like four daughters, no sons to run the business. Pizza Time was very good, best thing about it was it was only five minutes from my house in Fairfield.
Daughters can't run a business?

Reaction Score
Daughters can't run a business?
Sad thing is yes, some times they can, these four couldn't. I knew them, they just were not the kind of young ladies that wanted to follow in dad's footsteps making pizzas for the rest of their lives, even though pizza put them through college.

Like I said though to answer your question, sometimes they can with unbelievable success......................

Last edited:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Bufalina tonight for my youngest daughter's birthday. I think it's the fifth year in a row that she's chosen it for her birthday dinner. I've been there dozens of times and it has never, ever remotely disappointed.

I think tonight was the best ever. But I think I say that every time. But tonight was in any event.

I'm ready to say it's the best, period.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Bufalina tonight for my youngest daughter's birthday. I think it's the fifth year in a row that she's chosen it for her birthday dinner. I've been there dozens of times and it has never, ever remotely disappointed.

I think tonight was the best ever. But I think I say that every time. But tonight was in any event.

Not a flat enough crust.

Reaction Score

Just googled that place and holy crap those look delicious... Is it constantly packed?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom