OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 70 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Can we talk about the Kara Wolters Flatbread at the Food Court?

Kara Wolters
$12.99
Sauce & Mozzarella
Add Toppings to Your Flatbread for Only $1 Each:
Peppers • Onions • Mushrooms • Olives • Jalapeños • Tomatoes

Well it seems at least that the name is fitting.

August_West

Reaction Score
as a UConn guy I dont want to mess with tourney mojo so I will sit on it , but after the tourney Im emailing this thread to Geno.

Reaction Score
I ranked Modern#1 but I'm sorry the best sausage pie is Zuppardis which I rank a close second overall. Zuppardis is the only place left that after 70+ years in business still makes their own fennel-anise sausage and it is the best IMO. I always get their sausage and mushroom pie whenever I go there.
I have to disagree. While Zups sausage is tasty the pizza itself is not as good as Modern. The homemade sausage doesn't change my opinion.

On the subject of off nights at Pepe's, Modern, and Sally's. I had it at all three. A little too burnt, not cooked well enough, or maybe frame of mind. It happens but I still would go to one of those over any other given a choice

sdhusky

1972,73 & 98 Boneyard Poster of the Year
Reaction Score
Geno could paint 3 stripes on a turd and call it Gucci and the womens fans would lap it up.

Its better than what they are used to

calendar-menu2013.jpg

August_West

Reaction Score
Im upset by this.

Because the more Im thinking about it the more I am sniffing elitism and condescension coming from the Geno camp.

As I ponder I realize that I have first (and 2nd) hand knowledge that Geno knows good food. He knows how to eat and whats good and what isnt.

So whats the deal Geno? Good food only fitting of someone of your status and income?

But when it comes to serving his fans he is content to shovel a pile of garbage in front of them, put his name on it, and then say "thats 25 dollars, please, you plebeians dont deserve the good stuff".

Where is the pride?

Thank god he doesnt run his team like that.

Reaction Score
These two are Really good but not very well known

Massimos in Bridgeport
Ernies in New Haven

Reaction Score
Strange but true, there was a place in Glastonbury for decades called Gino's. It was the most mediocre, average pizza that you could ever imagine, but the locals swore it was fantastic. Made no sense to me as there were at least 6 better options within 2 miles. I guess there is no accounting for taste.

Reaction Score
Grabbed a couple slices from Barb's Pizza in Cromwell yesterday. Their regular stuff is good, not great. But they make a "Chicago" that is absolutely delicious. It's not a deep dish so calling it Chicago is a little of a misnomer. It is a bit thicker; but has a layer of mozz, really nice sauce, garlic, basil, parm, and dollops of mozz. It is really, really good.

Reaction Score
Sergio's on Whitney ave. , Hamden serves
an awesome seafood pizza ( clams, shrimp and Calamari ) in white or red sauce . I'm into seafood on pizza and this is the best I've had.
My father's cousin opened that place and it is now run by his children. Sergio and I had a lot of fun back in the day playing video games. Before this restaurant they had a really nice Italian deli and import store that, if I recall correctly, was named after their daughter Stella.

Reaction Score
I have to disagree. While Zups sausage is tasty the pizza itself is not as good as Modern. The homemade sausage doesn't change my opinion.

On the subject of off nights at Pepe's, Modern, and Sally's. I had it at all three. A little too burnt, not cooked well enough, or maybe frame of mind. It happens but I still would go to one of those over any other given a choice
Read my post again!!! What are you disagreeing with? I think I said I rank Modern #1, then Zuppardis. Not sure what your point is, if any.

Reaction Score
Zups is otherworldly when you have it there, bring it home? Not so much.

1 BAR
2 Zups
3 Modern
4 Roseland
5 Pepe (agree w/. downhill since multiple locations)

nice to see Mondo get love too...not worthy of this list, but a damn good pizza.

Little Rendezvous in Meriden is solid too.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
Large pie at Zuppardis is mid to upper $20's with two or three toppings, maybe $30 if you want three toppings. If you want really expensive go to Sally's.
Zuppardi's was a disappointment, but their Italian ice was good.

Reaction Score
Don't understand all the Pepe's has gone downhill since the expansion. Every time I've gone to New Haven, the pie is still amazing.
This. Pepe's New Haven is still the benchmark for me. The fact that the Fairfield branch is below par has no effect on the pies in New Haven.

Reaction Score
Man all you guys with your fancy ass places in the cities and suburbs other than NYC pizza no big deal. Now take a rural drive in the state and try some of these mom and pop joints and you can get some really good pizza. Here in little "ol" Lisbon I'll put the Green Onion against any other. Challenge.

Reaction Score
Man all you guys with your fancy ass places in the cities and suburbs other than NYC pizza no big deal. Now take a rural drive in the state and try some of these mom and pop joints and you can get some really good pizza. Here in little "ol" Lisbon I'll put the Green Onion against any other. Challenge.

You lost. Had it before as my boss lives in Lisbon. Good but not on the same level as a majority of the recommendations in this thread.

Reaction Score
Zups is otherworldly when you have it there, bring it home? Not so much.

1 BAR
2 Zups
3 Modern
4 Roseland
5 Pepe (agree w/. downhill since multiple locations)

nice to see Mondo get love too...not worthy of this list, but a damn good pizza.

Little Rendezvous in Meriden is solid too.

Out of all those I would put Bar towards the bottom. Never understood why people say it's above the big 3.

Part of me thinks it's that they have it after or while drinking there and that influences their decision.

With that said the mashed potatoe pie is top notch

Reaction Score

Yes.

San Gennaro in Forestville/Bristol & Chunky Tomato in Bristol.

Reaction Score
Out of all those I would put Bar towards the bottom. Never understood why people say it's above the big 3.

Part of me thinks it's that they have it after or while drinking there and that influences their decision.

With that said the mashed potatoe pie is top notch

I live in New Haven and can hit any of them, but we always hit BAR. The thinness is what wins most over. Granted the potato pis is insane. I would also recommend a red w/. cheese and hot peppers.

Reaction Score
Literally not one of the pies is right.

Salumi is not an ingredient. It's a category of ingredients, i.e., Italian cold cuts. Don't you want to know which salumi is/are coming on your pie? Big difference between, say, bresaola, prosciutto and salami--all of which are salumi.

Rosemary is among the most overrated and useless herbs, especially for a pizza.

Grilled veggies? Yes. Roasted veggies? No. Gross texture. Grilled and roasted? Waste.
Geno is clearly trolling with this menu. Going to have to disagree with rosemary being useless. It works great with pork, lamb, chicken, and potatoes.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom