OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 204 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Mazhude

"Bark, Bark!"
Reaction Score
The Pizza Gavones just reviewed
Frisco's Pizza
in New Haven. "Pie's were amazin... New Haven Style Apizza, 100%. Crust was one of the best we've had!"

Any been there? Forbes Avenue in the Annex.

Reaction Score
The Pizza Gavones just reviewed
Frisco's Pizza
in New Haven. "Pie's were amazin... New Haven Style Apizza, 100%. Crust was one of the best we've had!"

Any been there? Forbes Avenue in the Annex.
Not been there, but here are some recent reviews from another site.

A few reviewers say he is an animal lover and donates proceeds to a local animal shelter. I guess that means the pizza is good too?

Reaction Score
I live in Manchester and didn’t know Joey garlics was here
Not a fan of randys

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Just came across this. Have not been to any. Those Manchester spots didn't exist in my day. We did like Shakey's in Rockville/Vernon when I was a kid.

Our picks for the most underrated pizza places in Connecticut (ctpost.com)
huh, the Bridgeport Post lists mikey nuzz's joints as superior.
bridgeport, mikey nuzz, me.....imagine that!
tumblr_m2y5l3IDya1rorn9ko1_500.png

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Reaction Score
If I still lived in Stamford, I'd be raising holy hell with the morons responsible for this list. Stamford gets one mention and it's freaking Hope Pizza's soggy Greek monstrosites?

Hope Street pizza remains a thing only for those who appreciate that crappy style. There are no above-average or underrated regular pies among the dozens of spots in this city. The bar pie will rule until Sally’s opens its doors this spring. The only underrated pizza for the last 40 years is the Sicilian pie at Mario the Baker on High Ridge.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Hope Street pizza remains a thing only for those who appreciate that crappy style. There are no above-average or underrated regular pies among the dozens of spots in this city. The bar pie will rule until Sally’s opens its doors this spring. The only underrated pizza for the last 40 years is the Sicilian pie at Mario the Baker on High Ridge.
I guess you never got to Amore in Springdale when the former owner had it. I haven't been since its reincarnation, but it was right down the street from where I grew up and IMO was the best Stamford had to offer in the 80s/90s before the wood fired ovens came to town. If I wasn't having Colony, I was having Amore. These guys knew about it.

Reaction Score
He might be "dooshy" in spots....but he's also tasted about 25X the pizza you and I ever have.
ive eaten every new haven pizza & he‘ wrong on pepes and modern. if he’s giving angleo’s’ manhattan & philly 9‘s? and he gave joes nyc 8? attention whore

Reaction Score
ive eaten every new haven pizza & he‘ wrong on pepes and modern. if he’s giving angleo’s’ manhattan & philly 9‘s? and he gave joes nyc 8? attention whore
He's literally eaten at a thousand spots. You just named like 6.

Reaction Score
great point, i want to test all the great queens spots

and , my opinion, patsy‘s square is the best pizza i’ve ever eaten.

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
My favorites outside the New Haven area would be Sassano in south Glastonbury, Rossini's in East Hampton, and Brick and Basil (actually a pizza truck) in Norwich

Reaction Score
Ballot stuffing? I've never heard anything about some of these places.

Alternate free access: Pizza showdown: You’ve picked the top 16 best pizza places in Connecticut. Time to vote again.

I've been to about half of the places on that list. Some are great, some shouldn't be in the Top 16. I will say that Little City was amazing when it was in Simsbury, and that Naples is really good for the Hartford area.

I recently had Domenick & Pia in Waterbury. It was superb. Easy to see why it's busy all day long.

Reaction Score
I guess you never got to Amore in Springdale when the former owner had it. I haven't been since its reincarnation, but it was right down the street from where I grew up and IMO was the best Stamford had to offer in the 80s/90s before the wood fired ovens came to town. If I wasn't having Colony, I was having Amore. These guys knew about it.

Had it many times growing up. Born here in 1970. But I never found it outstanding or underrated. A step above John the Baker, Luigi’s or Pellicci’s.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been to about half of the places on that list. Some are great, some shouldn't be in the Top 16. I will say that Little City was amazing when it was in Simsbury, and that Naples is really good for the Hartford area.

I recently had Domenick & Pia in Waterbury. It was superb. Easy to see why it's busy all day long.
I’ve been to 11 of the 16 on the list. Agree, some great, some shouldn’t be on the list—but good enough that on a given day I could see someone getting an excellent pie. Bobby’s in North Branford—an @August_West fave—is in that category.

Definitely not a bad pie among them, which is really the bigger story about Connecticut imo, i.e., there is never a reason to settle for crap pizza.

Reaction Score
Definitely not a bad pie among them, which is really the bigger story about Connecticut imo, i.e., there is never a reason to settle for crap pizza.
So, I have a really great pizza place, a really good pizza place and a meh pizza place in a 3-4 mile space.

Really great = 25% of the time
Really good = 50% of the time
Meh = 25% of the time

And that's pure laziness. The Good/Meh spots are on my "regular route" and maybe 5 minutes easier on a normal weekday. And reading what I wrote has me really second guessing that whole situation.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom