OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 203 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
Just got home from the Norwalk Stop & Shop closest to the Merritt and snapped this pic.

If anyone on the Boneyard can verify that this is their car, I'll buy you a pizza.
Screen Shot 2021-01-24 at 5.12.27 PM.jpg

Reaction Score
Article in the Norwalk Hour yesterday says Sallys at SoNo Collection is "upcoming.."

Not sure if I should believe our notoriously unreliable media outlets in SW CT... or Sally’s LinkedIn page (an unexpected find) that mentions Stamford opening soon...

EC3EDD59-B7A9-4199-93B7-F4F8CD71AF1E.jpeg

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
we had apizza grande, rts 80/145 junction, yesterday for the game, a handful of times so far.
i first liked them simply due to the giant size and reasonable price. consistent, tho the sauce is not the same as mikey nuzz's, but pretty darn good anyway, same for the dough. our big city pals were visiting, and one noted, as a frequent guest and in her words, 'with Winthrop/Centerbrook at the center, there is a ridiculous amount of great pizza within a few miles in any direction.' she also likes to say 'there are more pizza places around here than people! bizarre!'
if you do order 'the special' there, as i do almost always, everywhere, ask for extra bake. it's the yin to the yang of it's size and weight. tasty value.

Reaction Score
Any recommendations in or near Southbury, CT?

Spending a night there in two weeks and willing to go to Waterbury or a ~15 minute radius.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Any recommendations in or near Southbury, CT?

Spending a night there in two weeks and willing to go to Waterbury or a ~15 minute radius.
There is a Pepe’s in Waterbury now. I haven’t been there but I’d expect it to be good.

I believe @superjohn and others have spoken highly of Domenick & Pia in Waterbury too.

Depending on where you are, Roseland in Derby may be within your range.

Reaction Score
There is a Pepe’s in Waterbury now. I haven’t been there but I’d expect it to be good.

I believe @superjohn and others have spoken highly of Domenick & Pia in Waterbury too.

Domenick & Pia's is a city slice joint so you only want to stop in there for a few slices for lunch. Not sure he'll want to go into Waterbury. This past summer I drove around, downtown is all vacant and the streets up the hill are the worst I've probably ever seen them.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Marco’s is solid. @David 76 turned me on to them and I have been back a couple times since. Not as good as the holy trinity of New Haven or the best of the rest like Grand, Zupp’s, Olde World, etc., but solidly in the next level after that imo.
I haven't been in almost a year. But they did thin crust really well.

Reaction Score

Pepe's in Waterbury is good, stopped there for a pie coming back from New Hampshire once. Easy one and off I-84, too. That said, given a choice between a 'chain' Pepe's and Roseland, I would take Roseland.

Reaction Score
Not sure if I should believe our notoriously unreliable media outlets in SW CT... or Sally’s LinkedIn page (an unexpected find) that mentions Stamford opening soon...

View attachment 63902
No idea what to think regarding the Norwalk potential location. Every article regarding Sallys that i've seen has been from late 2019/early 2020... its now a full year+ since and still no update on Sallys in Norwalk. Since then, 66 Summer St in Stamford has been picking up steam as the new location in Stamford. Not sure why theres so much secrecy.. just wanna know when I can be getting some Sallys in Southern CT.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Just got home from the Norwalk Stop & Shop closest to the Merritt and snapped this pic.

If anyone on the Boneyard can verify that this is their car, I'll buy you a pizza.
View attachment 63893
If that car is anyone’s but portnoys the owner has severe mental problems.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
As much as I love pizza, is this really necessary? How does this generate revenue or reduce expenditures for the state?

If we can get a special license plate commemorating this I am all for it.

Reaction Score

Curiouser
Reaction Score
"You've tried the rest, now try the best!"
I was thinking something like Utah’s “Greatest Snow on Earth” license plates with the skier on them, except have a slice and “Greatest Apizza on Earth.”

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Marco’s is solid. @David 76 turned me on to them and I have been back a couple times since. Not as good as the holy trinity of New Haven or the best of the rest like Grand, Zupp’s, Olde World, etc., but solidly in the next level after that imo.
The one time I got pizza from Marco's, the box mentioned another location in Derby, which I subsequently tried. Both were good, as described above.

I mention the Derby location because I'm thinking that the space where Marco's was located is now occupied by Tipsy Tomato, which has been lauded by @Huskybass for its stuffed shrimp pie.

I have no idea if there is any connection between Marco's and Tipsy Tomato, and hadn't initially registered any familiarity with the interior when I got a pretty good pie in September.

My recollection of Marco's in Derby was more takeout, whereas Tipsy Tomato, even during the pandemic, had more of a food, drink, gathering spot vibe.

The location, btw, is in the far corner of the shopping center with Big Y, just over the border from Orange on Rt 34.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The one time I got pizza from Marco's, the box mentioned another location in Derby, which I subsequently tried. Both were good, as described above.

I mention the Derby location because I'm thinking that the space where Marco's was located is now occupied by Tipsy Tomato, which has been lauded by @Huskybass for its stuffed shrimp pie.

I have no idea if there is any connection between Marco's and Tipsy Tomato, and hadn't initially registered any familiarity with the interior when I got a pretty good pie in September.

My recollection of Marco's in Derby was more takeout, whereas Tipsy Tomato, even during the pandemic, had more of a food, drink, gathering spot vibe.

The location, btw, is in the far corner of the shopping center with Big Y, just over the border from Orange on Rt 34.
The "Pizza Gavones" gave the Tipsy Tomato Stuffed Shrimp an award for Best Specialty Pie or something like that. It was quite good the one time I had it. Still thinking about a pie I had from Olde World a month ago, it was that good.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
The "Pizza Gavones" gave the Tipsy Tomato Stuffed Shrimp an award for Best Specialty Pie or something like that. It was quite good the one time I had it. Still thinking about a pie I had from Olde World a month ago, it was that good.
Particularly when I'm passing by either north or south the Wilbur Cross, Olde World works as a "poor man's Modern," and my last two from Olde World were better than my last two from Modern.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom