OT: - Best Pizza in CT | Page 173 | The Boneyard

OT: Best Pizza in CT

Reaction Score
NY Post had a similar short blurb abour NJ vs NY pizza a few days ago. In all my years in NJ, I've never had a suxless pizza. Don't even order it any more.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
At Pepe’s right now just ordered new meatball ricotta pie. Will check back in.

A0D4F169-B7A4-492D-BDAA-58CF5BE77C36.jpeg

August_West

Reaction Score
Ya got wondering if I should go get one now.

Did you give any cooking instructions, or leave it to them?
What size is that?
How crisp was the underside?
Nope let them handle ...the crust was great tonight. And holy crap there was a line on Monday night.

It was a large

Reaction Score
It’s really good, the ricotta is money . Meatballs are excellent but nothing out of ordinary, but The whole pie holds up really well
I was at the Manchester one today. Forgot about this new pie until after we ordered and then saw the little placard on the table. Definitely want to try it next time since everyone in my family likes ricotta on their pizza.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
IMG_20200217_212922023.jpg

I got a small: very little crust at the rim, fully soft-chewable on the underside, a huge letdown after your photo (which looked very much like the announcement article I'd seen). No criticism of you in what I've written. I was destined to try it, and I've got some Modern lined up for Thursday.

EDIT: Looks better as a picture. Sigh.

August_West

Reaction Score
View attachment 50986

I got a small: very little crust at the rim, fully soft-chewable on the underside, a huge letdown after your photo (which looked very much like the announcement article I'd seen). No criticism of you in what I've written. I was destined to try it, and I've got some Modern lined up for Thursday.

EDIT: Looks better as a picture. Sigh.
This thread is years old And I’ve been critical of Pepe’s inconsistency on the crust front quite a few times on here in that time so I get it. I caught a good one tonight. Sorry you didn’t.

Last edited:

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
A new Grand Apizza just opened in Deep River, on Rt 8. In the space where Wade's Country Store was.

Stopped and brought home a tasty Buffalo chicken and a Margherita. Crisp crust held like a plank. Ingredients were fresh.

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
A new Grand Apizza just opened in Deep River, on Rt 8. In the space where Wade's Country Store was.

Stopped and brought home a tasty Buffalo chicken and a Margherita. Crisp crust held like a plank. Ingredients were fresh.

I guess they are shooting for one in each town in CT.

glastonbury50

You Enjoy Myself
Reaction Score
I enjoy Sazzano in Bucks Corner in Glastonbury. New place, friendly owners and GREAT pizza.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
This thread is years old And I’ve been critical of Pepe’s inconsistency on the crust front quite a few times on here in that time so I get it. I caught a good one tonight. Sorry you didn’t.
Interesting to absorb this point for the first time. As I think about it, it mirrors my experience, but Pepe's has always been a tough case for me.

Decades ago, I had a white clam pie that lives in memory as one of the best eating experiences I ever had. The crust had a perfect balance of crunch and chew that had my jaw in a tough exercise routine the entire time. The following day, I felt the awakened muscles, as though in the aftermath of a great workout. All the flavor of the pizza was pure pleasure throughout.

It's quite likerly a chased dragon that I'll never catch again, so it's almost unfair to arrive with that memory. Because of this, I almost only go to Pepe's with people who come in from out of town, have never been, and it's their choice. They usually love the pizza & the experience, while I usually register that it didn't measure up to that perfect time. If pressed, I mutter that it "wasn't transplendent," but do not elaborate.

Reaction Score
Interesting to absorb this point for the first time. As I think about it, it mirrors my experience, but Pepe's has always been a tough case for me.

Decades ago, I had a white clam pie that lives in memory as one of the best eating experiences I ever had. The crust had a perfect balance of crunch and chew that had my jaw in a tough exercise routine the entire time. The following day, I felt the awakened muscles, as though in the aftermath of a great workout. All the flavor of the pizza was pure pleasure throughout.

It's quite likerly a chased dragon that I'll never catch again, so it's almost unfair to arrive with that memory. Because of this, I almost only go to Pepe's with people who come in from out of town, have never been, and it's their choice. They usually love the pizza & the experience, while I usually register that it didn't measure up to that perfect time. If pressed, I mutter that it "wasn't transplendent," but do not elaborate.
You can for sure recapture that white clam pie experience. When I lived in CT we would routinely order a small Pepe's white clam pie as the appetizer, since it had to be eaten quickly (no sauce, no cheese - cools down fast). Time after time it was heaven.

Recently was back in CT and was able to go to Pepe's for the first time in 16 years (yikes!). Ordered the usual white clam pie for the app, and was told they were out of clams - WHATTT????? We got over it when the sausage & onion pie showed up. OMG I miss Pepe's...

Last edited:
Reaction Score

just heads up this isn’t owned by Mike and the same people that own Clinton/Madison/guilford

this location is owned by his brother and the two don’t really talk/get along. Still most likely good pie as the brother owned the north haven location

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
just heads up this isn’t owned by Mike and the same people that own Clinton/Madison/guilford

this location is owned by his brother and the two don’t really talk/get along. Still most likely good pie as the brother owned the north haven location
The menu is the same, tho.

Reaction Score
Bummer news for Fairfield County Boneyarders:

Fat Cat Pie Co. at Wall Street in Norwalk is closing after 16 years of operation. Based out of the Twin City Building, built in 1875, their space has been sold and their operations have ceased earlier this week.

I first tried Fat Cat twelve years ago for one of my first adult after work happy hours. Now, as a native Norwalker it was part of me and my wife's regular dinner haunts.

Top of the line ingredients, simple menu, beautiful building, off-beat character...I'll miss this place!

Last pizza I've tried from there: their seasonal winter pie: braised cabbage, capers and creme fraiche. Sounds weird, but so freakin' good.

Reaction Score
Had to share this with the rest of you New Haven pizza purists. Got the Marco Island version of NY Pizza last night. Tasty but had Florida pizza crust. Guy from Massachusetts thought it was incredible. Figures.

Reaction Score
Had to share this with the rest of you New Haven pizza purists. Got the Marco Island version of NY Pizza last night. Tasty but had Florida pizza crust. Guy from Massachusetts thought it was incredible. Figures.

what is Florida crust?

Reaction Score
Sweet humble brag.

I take it that means I won't see you at the game tonight?

Didn't mean it as a brag, although I already want to come back yet I don't leave until tomorrow morning.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom