OT: - Best grinder in CT. | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: Best grinder in CT.

Reaction Score
The chicken parm grinder from Angelo's in Glastonbury is fantastic, plus its enough for lunch and dinner.

Like $11 bucks, but worth every penny.

Reaction Score
The chicken parm grinder from Angelo's in Glastonbury is fantastic, plus its enough for lunch and dinner.

Like $11 bucks, but worth every penny.

Be sure to stop by at Bricco's for lunch on Mondays in Glastonbury also and eat at the bar too. No matter what you have your bartender will be one of the most beautiful ladies you will see as well as one of the nicest/friendliest people in Glastonbury. ;)

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Be sure to stop by at Bricco's for lunch on Mondays in Glastonbury also and eat at the bar too. No matter what you have your bartender will be one of the most beautiful ladies you will see as well as one of the nicest/friendliest people in Glastonbury. ;)
Best grinder?

Reaction Score
Best grinder?

That too!

Just throwing in something we all need to know when in Glastonbury, don't be so fast to jump on such a great tip albeit off subject a bit. Oh and they had Still Hill on tap too. (now I really have you screwed up huh)

Reaction Score
That too!

Just throwing in something we all need to know when in Glastonbury, don't be so fast to jump on such a great tip albeit off subject a bit. Oh and they had Still Hill on tap too. (now I really have you screwed up huh)

I am in Glastonbury most days and sleep there most nights. Not a bad place to call home.

Reaction Score
I am in Glastonbury most days and sleep there most nights. Not a bad place to call home.

I hope Tanya isn't your better half (or better yet yes I do) as this was out of pure respect. She's not only very beautiful and hot, she really is the nicest bartender and makes you want to sit there and enjoy your lunch and/or beverage.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Sorry to hear that. Did you get it with parm and sauce?
Yep. Actually went there twice, first time it was over an hour wait for the chicken so got meatball or sausage instead, it was good. That took like 45 minutes so they gave us some of the soup to try, again, kind of pedestrian. I tried the chicken the next time, maybe it was just an off day. I usually go for combos when I get a grinder, so I am not the best judge of the chicken parm.

Reaction Score

Place sucks

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
There is the club on the Berlin Turnpike. Her name is Lois......

Reaction Score
Yep. Actually went there twice, first time it was over an hour wait for the chicken so got meatball or sausage instead, it was good. That took like 45 minutes so they gave us some of the soup to try, again, kind of pedestrian. I tried the chicken the next time, maybe it was just an off day. I usually go for combos when I get a grinder, so I am not the best judge of the chicken parm.

I'm shocked by your experiences as well, considering this sandwich in my opinion is the greatest one I've ever had(countless times), end of story. Don't know what time of day you're going, but going around lunchtime ensures you that a lot of chicken will be made fresh for the rush. The tricky part is beating the crowds. Anytime after 1245 is pretty safe and is usually around when I go.

Reaction Score
A couple of weeks away from the season and the boneyard is still too boring, why not some grinder talk. I'll kick it off with Salerno's and Carbone's in Torrington.

Stretch's in Newington - just added grinders in the past year, yummy

H&M - Windsor Locks

Reaction Score
Deli Unlimited in Guilford has amazing grinders. My kids beg me to go there every weekend. They have a ton of "Specials" with all the mobster names etc... The line is out the door all weekend and at lunch during the week. And I spent my life buying grinders for lunch on Wooster St in New Haven so I have some reasonable comparison.

Best deli on the shoreline and stands up to most in the state. I usually go there 3 times a week for lunch

Reaction Score
I think it's extremely overpriced for the quality of food. It may be local and fresh but it's overrated.

Fair enough we can agree to disagree.

Wait we can agree they are overpriced but so many are now I forget who is and who isn't. But the food is really consistently good from my taste. And the sights, well never overrated!

Reaction Score
About 10 years ago their grinders were much better. It's kinda gone downhill but still a good spot
Although it's still Saldamarco's by name, my father-in-law sold the business (still owns the building) about six years ago and retired to Savannah. Hasn't been the same since. As good as his chicken parm was, his eggplant parm was even better.

I asked for permission to marry his daughter in that store. Scariest day of my life. He was butchering meat in the "back". Probably wasn't the best time for me to show up unexpectedly, when he was wielding a meat cleaver. :eek:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Although it's still Saldamarco's by name, my father-in-law sold the business (still owns the building) about six years ago and retired to Savannah. Hasn't been the same since. As good as his chicken parm was, his eggplant parm was even better.

I asked for permission to marry his daughter in that store. Scariest day of my life. He was butchering meat in the "back". Probably wasn't the best time for me to show up unexpectedly, when he was wielding a meat cleaver. :eek:
Great story. That was a solid shop and it definitely hasn't been the same since he left (I was such a fan that I bought a Saldamarco's t-shirt around 15 years ago and still wear it). He made a very good lasagne, too.

Reaction Score

Well that solves it... I'll just have to get one to see if things have changed. Thanks for the inspiration!

Reaction Score
I had a chicken parm grinder from Lino's in Durham yesterday based off a few recommendations. It was not nearly as good as I was hoping for. Chicken was super dry, not much sauce, bread was ok, but the cheese was good. Probably give it a 6.5/10.

I'll go back at some point to give the italian combo a shot and to see the 2 pretty blondes that work there again.

Reaction Score
I had a chicken parm grinder from Lino's in Durham yesterday based off a few recommendations. It was not nearly as good as I was hoping for. Chicken was super dry, not much sauce, bread was ok, but the cheese was good. Probably give it a 6.5/10.

I'll go back at some point to give the italian combo a shot and to see the 2 pretty blondes that work there again.

Must say never had the C-Parm, but the Italian combo and Roast Beefs I've had were off the hook! Give it another shot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom