OT: - Best grinder in CT. | Page 8 | The Boneyard

OT: Best grinder in CT.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Have you been to Hamilton street market in NL? Always try to go when I'm in the area. Serious grinders

15 minutes un the other direction, but i'm game. What is their specialty?

joober jones

Finally Non-Fat Guy
Reaction Score
Potbelly in West Hartford can't be beat (now). I think I've already replied this thread, but I'll say it again anyway - nothing was better than Bennie's in Ceneterbrook.

Reaction Score
Try Zerios in Cromwell. Their Grinders/Paninis/Calzones are amazing, and the portions are generous as hell for the price.

Reaction Score
Ive been to pretty much every grinder shop in CT. Pasta fresca in mystic is by far the best grinder shop. They have both quality and quantity.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Saldamarcos Chicken Parm in Clinton.
Saldamarco's is solid. If you're a chicken parm fan, Log Cabin's chicken parm entree is very good and enormous--easily enough for two or more.

Reaction Score
Stars and Stripes Grinders on East St. in Middletown is pretty good. Opened last year just down the street from house. Solid Chicken Parm, Buffalo Chicken, and Sausage and Pepper grinders.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Since this was bumped up, I signed in to note that the Wethersfield Pizza chicken cutlet grinder was a bigger disappointment than Bob Diaco. That place in Mystic is indeed fantastic.

Reaction Score
Stars and Stripes Grinders on East St. in Middletown is pretty good. Opened last year just down the street from house. Solid Chicken Parm, Buffalo Chicken, and Sausage and Pepper grinders.

Ditto to everything you said. I live just 2 miles from there and what a savior. The chicken parm is delicious and I can't believe the size of the meal. My goodness. All grinders seem to have double meat portions compared to a lot of other place I've been to.

Reaction Score
Jimmy John's.... We need one. It's not the "best" but it's damn good and fast.

Reaction Score
Deli Unlimited in Guilford has amazing grinders. My kids beg me to go there every weekend. They have a ton of "Specials" with all the mobster names etc... The line is out the door all weekend and at lunch during the week. And I spent my life buying grinders for lunch on Wooster St in New Haven so I have some reasonable comparison.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Deli Unlimited in Guilford has amazing grinders. My kids beg me to go there every weekend. They have a ton of "Specials" with all the mobster names etc... The line is out the door all weekend and at lunch during the week. And I spent my life buying grinders for lunch on Wooster St in New Haven so I have some reasonable comparison.
They do a great bacon (or sausage)-egg-cheese on a Portuguese roll, too.

Reaction Score
Who goes to Wooster street for grinders? Next.

Reaction Score
Since this was bumped up, I signed in to note that the Wethersfield Pizza chicken cutlet grinder was a bigger disappointment than Bob Diaco. That place in Mystic is indeed fantastic.

I'm shocked... Haven't been there in a year or so, but I've always been blown away.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Since this was bumped up, I signed in to note that the Wethersfield Pizza chicken cutlet grinder was a bigger disappointment than Bob Diaco.
I'm shocked... Haven't been there in a year or so, but I've always been blown away.

Yeah, I'm stunned about this also. I also haven't been there in several months though.

Reaction Score
Jimmy John's.... We need one. It's not the "best" but it's damn good and fast.
this is true...in a pinch it is light years better than a subway...that word has no business being in this thread but I concur...for price and speed not a bad choice

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom