OT: - Best grinder in CT. | Page 7 | The Boneyard

OT: Best grinder in CT.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Oh, and by the way? The minestrone is homemade and kick*ss.
Had a mediation in Wethersfield three weeks ago and planned my trip for a minestrone stop at WP beforehand. I was crushed when she told me there was none that day, so we settled for a chicken parm sub instead.

Made a point to swing by last week en route from Hartford just to get another crack at it, and I did. It was just as tremendous as the other two times I've had it, but had some different vegetables this time, including broccoli and cauliflower; and chopped spaghetti for the pasta, which was also different than before. In any event, I wanted to bathe in it. Hope to get at least a few more bowls before she's done for the season again.

Reaction Score
Got off the highway in Meriden because I was seriously low on gas. I slipped through a hotel parking lot trying for a better shot to get back on the road. Looked up and there was Nardelli's which I had never visited but heard of here.
It wasn't meal time but I took it as fate. Asked for their most popular sub. Kind of an Italian combo with hot sauce. Excellent!

All the nardelli's are pretty damn good huh?

Reaction Score
I didn't go through every page, but if you intend to go to Nardelli's in Waterbury, skip it.

Drive an extra 3 minutes down East Main and go to the hole in the wall Cavallo's Deli and get an Italian combo on Milities bread. It's probably the best sandwich I have ever had, if you can get over being on East Main Street in Waterbury.

Reaction Score
Nardelli's sucks. All the sandwich fillings are premade, and then they just grab the pile and and put it on the bread, when you order it.

I prefer going to a deli where they slice the meat, for your sandwich to order.

Try A&S on Black Rock Turnpike in Fairfield.

Reaction Score
I didn't go through every page, but if you intend to go to Nardelli's in Waterbury, skip it.

Drive an extra 3 minutes down East Main and go to the hole in the wall Cavallo's Deli and get an Italian combo on Milities bread. It's probably the best sandwich I have ever had, if you can get over being on East Main Street in Waterbury.
Great call, Cavallo's is way better.

Reaction Score
Just tried Hot Table in Glastonbury. For chain it was awesome. Is Franklin Grinder still around? I remember going there with my dad as a little kid and eating like 1/10th of a meatball sub and chugging Italian ice. Mmm

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
August West's kitchen with the slicer and discounted prices!!!
Ask for the Move Me Brightly Roast Pork Sandwich

Not to blow my own horn, but................................. TOOT TOOT.

Id put it up against anything in this thread.

Reaction Score
Just tried Hot Table in Glastonbury. For chain it was awesome. Is Franklin Grinder still around? I remember going there with my dad as a little kid and eating like 1/10th of a meatball sub and chugging Italian ice. Mmm
yep, Franklin Giant is still there. Best MB grinders.

Reaction Score
Yup. As is Maple Giant Grinder. I live in the Boston area and took my kids there and they asked why they can't make grinders like that in MA. They ask the same about the pizza. I have no idea why.

Reaction Score

where's parking around there?

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Philly's in Norwich also has an excellent steak and cheese if thats your grinder of choice.

I've seen Philly's mentioned a few times in this thread and the Philly cheesesteak thread over the last few days. As luck would have it, I work in Gales Ferry so It's not to far for me. Philly's makes a decent Philly Cheesesteak, but as far as steak & cheese (yes, there is a difference), it does not approach "excellent." AFAIC, the criteria of an excellent steak & cheese begins with: "Does not include Cheez Whiz."

Reaction Score
Patsy's in NL was the best. Don't know about now-a-days. Open all hours.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
Walsh's IGA store at the top of Wolcott Mtn. on the old Meriden-Waterbury Rd. makes a wicked awesome Italian combo...huge and they'll put anything you want on it for $7.99. The roll is perfect...crusty on the surface.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom