Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT?

Reaction Score
CT? who knows. But any self respecting authentic chick parm fanatic would go only to
Brooklyn for one.

Reaction Score
Anyone been to Fortuna’s recently. I drove by several times this weekend, but never stop in. You guys have me thinking chick Pharm, lol.

Reaction Score
FYI - The picture below is a half, not a whole.

o.jpg

The chicken/sauce/cheese ratios are all sorts of off. Just because they give you 4 subs worth of chicken doesn’t mean it’s the best.

and perfectly fine to call sauce gravy and mozzarella mutz

Reaction Score
Can anyone in Stamford area confirm if Daddy’s Deli is still there and making Italian food? In the 90s, they made a killer chicken parm on sesame bread. I think they sold out and the menu changes but if not, I’d HIGHLY recommend that place.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
Somewhat of a new spot but FIRE Chicken Parm. Daddy Jack's in New London.

I haven't lived in NL in years but Terrace Bakery used to have amazing subs. I quickly googled it and it looks like it's out of business. Sucks.

Reaction Score
Auggies Numero Uno in Danbury; Sal's Pizza in Monroe.
Augies sold about a year ago. About 90% of Augie’s employees went to help open up Gisella’s on the other side of town. Gisella is his cousin who worked the counter and was married to the head chef, in other words you can get Augie’s chicken parm at Gisella’s now.

To go one futher, Augie opened a small place in Brookfield thats open shorter hours called “Little Bit” so you can get the “original” chicken parm there too.

Reaction Score
I haven't lived in NL in years but Terrace Bakery used to have amazing subs. I quickly googled it and it looks like it's out of business. Sucks.

They were THE best subs around but changed hands and then closed not too long after. Remember Sully's on the post road in Waterford, even further back but another NL county wonder that is no longer! Loan survivor is hamilton market out that way. Also a great sandwich spot in Old Lyme on the post road. If you are ever out that way hit up daddy jacks. Blackend Shimp Ceasar salad and chicken parm with a meat ball. won't be disappointed.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Not a chicken parm, but a great Nashville hot chicken sandwich at Haven Hot Chicken; soft opening today, grand opening tomorrow.

I got the THE Sandwich at the Hot level of heat and it was great, if a little too spicy for my preferences. Big time head and face sweats, which I prefer to avoid at lunch, so I will be getting the Medium next time. Glad I didn't go for the Haven, which is the hottest. I look forward to trying the rest of their offerings; a very welcome addition to the neighborhood.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Not a chicken parm, but a great Nashville hot chicken sandwich at Haven Hot Chicken; soft opening today, grand opening tomorrow.

I got the THE Sandwich at the Hot level of heat and it was great, if a little too spicy for my preferences. Big time head and face sweats, which I prefer to avoid at lunch, so I will be getting the Medium next time. Glad I didn't go for the Haven, which is the hottest. I look forward to trying the rest of their offerings; a very welcome addition to the neighborhood.

I had their stuff at a catering. Its very good.

Come over sometime. Im better. (dont forget I fried chicken at KFC when at UConn) :) In the 80's when KFC was good.

August_West

Reaction Score
By the way, nashville hot chicken is not for the faint of heart in the authentic way.

Its really like (and Im 100% serious) 1/2 a BIG jar of ground cayenne pepper mixed with a portion the hot cooking oil you just cooked the chicken in and then poured back over, or "dipped' (depending on place) There's a couple of other small things going on, but what I just mentioned wouldnt have you able to taste those small things anyway. Its fire. And greasy.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
By the way, nashville hot chicken is not for the faint of heart in the authentic way.

Its really like (and Im 100% serious) 1/2 a BIG jar of ground cayenne pepper mixed with a portion the hot cooking oil you just cooked the chicken in and then poured back over, or "dipped' (depending on place) There's a couple of other small thinngs going on, but what I just mentioned wouldnt have you able to taste those small thinkgs anyway. Its fire. And greasy.

100% agree. It's really just pure heat vice some nuanced flavored heat. When I was looking to make some up at home for the first time, I checked online for recipes and kept looking around because everything was oil and cayenne.

August_West

Reaction Score
100% agree. It's really just pure heat vice some nuanced flavored heat. When I was looking to make some up at home for the first time, I checked online for recipes and kept looking around because everything was oil and cayenne.

It is what it is. I like it. A lot. I can only do it occasionally. But there is no secret. Its obnoxious heat doused in cooking oil.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
It is what it is. I like it. A lot. I can only do it occasionally. But there is no secret. Its obnoxious heat doused in cooking oil.

Yes. Go in eyes wide open and do it only on occasion. There's a reason why some will only do it with hot honey drizzled over it.

cohenzone

Old Member
Reaction Score
A little place in Hamden where I used to live I just learned yesterday didn’t survive the pandemic. Si Mangia on Whitney Ave near Sleeping Giant. Very good basic chicken parm as well as meatball parm and good pizza. Solo operation. Deserved a better fate.

Reaction Score
  • DiMatteo's Pizza Restaurant in Hamden has a terrific grilled chicken parmesan pesto grinder. For 75 cents more a topping, they give you a generous amount of eggplant and broccoli. The pesto really adds to the flavor.
The portion of cut grilled chicken is enough for more than one meal. It is well seasoned and tasty. Again, make sure you spend that little extra for the eggplant and broccoli that is added into the grinder.

Reaction Score
Chicken parm needs to be thin/flat, lightly breaded, with a homemade gravy & fresh mozz on top IMO.

Who serves the best one in CT? Can be in grinder or traditional dish over pasta.
Under the radar on Rt. 7 in Norwalk and south of the DMV ... Italia is 30 years in biz and makes a mean, old school CP and VP grinder. Will fill you up. Easy to miss. On right heading south.

Reaction Score
This is a @Fishy level bad food take. Or the opposite but the same as when @JimOllie said Olive Garden has the best Italian food.
Out here OG is not that bad. In rural Tennessee/Ky it is the best
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king .

August_West

Reaction Score

In nyc as a dish I like rubirosas in nolita it’s a frickin hubcap. I probably posted that already but I ain’t scrolling back :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom