Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
It's not gravy as that is the brown stuff you put on potatoes

For Italians, "gravy" simply means it includes meat, which is how you get "Sunday gravy" being red. But marinara or simple tomato sauce that you'd put on a chicken parm is always just sauce, never gravy.

However, for a breaded chicken cutlet sandwich, I'll go with a milanesa torta with avocado, red onion, tomato and a cilantro-lime mayo/aoili over chicken parm 100x of 100.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
on route 4, maybe across from the driving range, somewhere in that area
Got ya. Will try it this weekend. 4 is such a problem, I avoid it all cost. If you guys see me at Tap Rock or George's come and say hello. :).

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Wethersfield Pizza is a tourist trap? I thought it was mostly locals that go there? And if it's "for people in Hartford who never go anywhere else" then those aren't tourists. Lol
Joke Son.jpeg

Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Fishy lives on some sort of gray space age goop that has no flavor and provides you a days worth of vital nutrients in one serving.
And it's taken as a capsule. Don't even need to eat.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I'm pretty sure Fishy lives on some sort of gray space age goop that has no flavor and provides you a days worth of vital nutrients in one serving.

Horatio

I played high school football
Reaction Score
Fast food restaurant - Duchess

Reaction Score
or George's

Eww why? Farmington lifer and none of my friends would ever, aside from drinks and maybe their giant taco salad. Worst pizza spot ever. Also the worst steak and cheese grinder I’ve ever had (was stuck trying to stomach it down at the in-laws less than a month ago). Swear it’s only still in business because of Burlington residents.

Reaction Score
Great thread to start OP. I’m a huge chicken cutlet/parm fan. I’m seriously considering a trip to Wethersfield later. Sounds like half the Boneyard will be there with me.

Reaction Score
For Italians, "gravy" simply means it includes meat, which is how you get "Sunday gravy" being red. But marinara or simple tomato sauce that you'd put on a chicken parm is always just sauce, never gravy.

However, for a breaded chicken cutlet sandwich, I'll go with a milanesa torta with avocado, red onion, tomato and a cilantro-lime mayo/aoili over chicken parm 100x of 100.

Interesting, in my house, i guess what you call sauce, is what we call gravy that sucks.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I’d just put sauce on it.

Reaction Score
Eww why? Farmington lifer and none of my friends would ever, aside from drinks and maybe their giant taco salad. Worst pizza spot ever. Also the worst steak and cheese grinder I’ve ever had (was stuck trying to stomach it down at the in-laws less than a month ago). Swear it’s only still in business because of Burlington residents.

Love George’s. Olive Bar OK. Wife doesn’t like Naples (no idea why) and we can’t stand Mama Mias. New wooden tap is awesome atmosphere. Hope the food is better than other wooden taps.

want to check out the new pub at 5 corners.

Reaction Score
Veal >>> Chicken.

The only place I order chicken parm, or any chicken cutlet for that matter, is Jimmy's Deli in Norwalk.

WP is a tourist trap for people in Hartford who never go anywhere else. And don't get me started on the horrible Nardelli's. ICK.

I just looked at Jimmy’s Deli menu online. They serve their Chick Pharm with mashed potatoes as an option. You cant do that. I’ll give a try though, provided you are not Jimmy. Lol

Someone else mentioned Genoa in Rdigefield. They are are good, nice trays.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
That's fake news, my friend. The gov't, etc., has been wrong on that forever. Their simplistic view of fat / cholesterol in, causes higher fat cholesterol in you, model of digestion is just not how our bodies work. Sugar and carbs are what turn into fat, triglycerides, and cholesterol, not fat and cholesterol intake.

Think about it. How long have processed carbs been the pinnacle of the gov't food pyramid vs. how long have humans been digesting food ? Our bodies know exactly how to process fat. Too much of anything (is just enough) is bad for you, in the extreme, but generally, you're not getting unhealthy by eating fatty foods or cholesterol.
every so often here, someone brings the truth. bravo, wise person, bravo.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
I just looked at Jimmy’s Deli menu online. They serve their Chick Parm with mashed potatoes as an option. You cant do that. I’ll give a try though, provided you are not Jimmy

don't bother Jimmy's is Greek get the chicken souvlakI instead

Reaction Score
Ok, so I made the drive over to Wethersfield Pizza earlier. I ordered ahead of time so I went with a 16”, way too much food! An 8” is enough food for two people. The grinder is like a chicken cutlet cake, it’s stacked so high. The sauce is light and sweet, bread is fairly light and crispy. I think there are some comparably good places but it was excellent and Steven and Co are super nice people. Very positive experience to say the least. I’ll be eating chicken parm now for 3 days. Slight ding for the cash only policy. Thanks for the recommendation guys.

Reaction Score

My wife is very of very deep / connected Brooklyn Itanian family. I am refered to as an 'American'.

You are correct. Gravy = meat in sauce.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom