Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT?

Reaction Score
Gusto Trattoria in Milford CT, really really good Chicken Parm. Haven't been to Portofino's in Berlin for a couple of years but the were solid also.

Reaction Score
ps don’t call sauce “gravy”
Many Italians call it that. My wife is Italian and the older people in her family call it that.

I'll go with Wethersfield Pizza also. Most of the time when I'm going through the area we stop there for a chicken parm sub. They're huge and good. My sons always asks why they can't make subs like that in MA. The lady who works there is so nice. Too nice.

I'll give a nod to Franklin Giant also. I like the beef cutlet there also.

What ever happened to Maple Giant? That used to be my go to for chicken parm subs. I know they closed and they were supposed to open a new place in Rocky Hill or Berlin but never saw anything.

Reaction Score
Funny grinder story. Lived in CT for 31 years before moving to Georgia. Get down here and the wife is looking for some grinders. We call a chain pizza joint and order a pie and a meatball grinder. Person takes the order and 30 minutes later it showed up at our door. Wife opens the bag to find there is no sandwich. What she did find was a tin foil tray with ground meatballs covered with cheese.

We are puzzled to this day and believe they were very proud of what they had created.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'll go with Wethersfield Pizza also. Most of the time when I'm going through the area we stop there for a chicken parm sub. They're huge and good. My sons always asks why they can't make subs like that in MA. The lady who works there is so nice. Too nice.
Maria. She's awesome. And as @Deepster tipped me off some years ago, she also makes an excellent minestrone soup, but only from November through March iirc.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Hmmmm. May be worth a Saturday trip over since it's getting late in the year!
Yeah, as I was typing that I was reminded that I haven't had it yet this year. I should have the chance to fix that in the next couple weeks.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Wethersfield Pizza. "Home of the chicken cutlet."

Also, I haven't been in years, but Franklin Giant (Hartford) used to have the most massive chicken cutlet grinders I've ever seen. They would put so much chicken in it that I would take some out to make a second grinder the next day!

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Someone needs to upload a picture of this Wethersfield chicken parm. I need to see it with my own two eyes.

Reaction Score
Someone needs to upload a picture of this Wethersfield chicken parm. I need to see it with my own two eyes.

FYI - The picture below is a half, not a whole.

o.jpg

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
FYI - The picture below is a half, not a whole.

o.jpg
Holy crap. That's a Dagwood sandwich. Definitely would not fit in my mouth, but looking forward to trying anyway.

Reaction Score
Wethersfield pizza house actually makes a fried mozzarella grinder I used to get it as a kid, it is excellent but Being in my 40s so.....not good for my cholesterol

Reaction Score
Wait, Devland is the guy who said all pizza is pretty much the same and the difference between the best and worst is very small. So I don't want to read anything he says in a food thread. :)
Clearly, he never lived anywhere in the rural midwest. OMG, when we lived in rural Illinois, and not even 45 min from Chicago, they had NO IDEA how to make pizza. It was unbelievable. The difference between the best and the stuff they pawned off as "pizza" there is night and day.

While we were living there, a new place opened that kinda had a clue, but they were such amateurs, they couldn't even make the dough into a round shape. Still, actually resembled pizza, unlike anything else in town.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Wethersfield pizza house actually makes a fried mozzarella grinder I used to get it as a kid, it is excellent but Being in my 40s so.....not good for my cholesterol
That's fake news, my friend. The gov't, etc., has been wrong on that forever. Their simplistic view of fat / cholesterol in, causes higher fat cholesterol in you, model of digestion is just not how our bodies work. Sugar and carbs are what turn into fat, triglycerides, and cholesterol, not fat and cholesterol intake.

Think about it. How long have processed carbs been the pinnacle of the gov't food pyramid vs. how long have humans been digesting food ? Our bodies know exactly how to process fat. Too much of anything (is just enough) is bad for you, in the extreme, but generally, you're not getting unhealthy by eating fatty foods or cholesterol.

Last edited:

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Veal >>> Chicken.

The only place I order chicken parm, or any chicken cutlet for that matter, is Jimmy's Deli in Norwalk.

WP is a tourist trap for people in Hartford who never go anywhere else. And don't get me started on the horrible Nardelli's. ICK.

Reaction Score
Veal >>> Chicken.

The only place I order chicken parm, or any chicken cutlet for that matter, is Jimmy's Deli in Norwalk.

WP is a tourist trap for people in Hartford who never go anywhere else. And don't get me started on the horrible Nardelli's. ICK.
Wethersfield Pizza is a tourist trap? I thought it was mostly locals that go there? And if it's "for people in Hartford who never go anywhere else" then those aren't tourists. Lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom