Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Chicken Parmesan and/or Chicken Parmesan Grinder In CT?

Reaction Score
Perhaps a bit of a "nostalgic guy born in small town eastern CT" take but the chicken parm dinner at Gus's Pub in Plainfield astounds me to this day. It's so good and pretty huge.

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Chicken parm needs to be thin/flat, lightly breaded, with a homemade gravy & fresh mozz on top IMO.

Who serves the best one in CT? Can be in grinder or traditional dish over pasta.

It's not gravy as that is the brown stuff you put on potatoes

Wethersfield Pizza house has the best Chicken Cutlet Grinders without a doubt.

Reaction Score
NO ATTACK, just a comment.
@Drew, you have outdone yourself with "it's a post about nothing". ;)
It's basketball season......

@temery Revenue down 50%..... One could never understand why....

Reaction Score
Wethersfield pizza without a doubt is the best for chicken parm..... no one comes close and I would put Franklin Giant grinder in Hartford followed by any of the First and Last Taverns. I almost got shot ( true story). Leaving Connecticut for the last time I ordered 10 meatball from Franklin and 10 chicken parm from Wethersfield pizza, wrapped them in tin foil, froze them in my moms freezer and stuffed them into a carry on bag. When I went through the checkpoint at Bradley ever buzzer and light went off because unknown to me they looked like 20 pipe bombs. They were screaming at me asking what’s in the bag.... and I foolishly started laughing and asked gave you guys ever heard of Franklin Giant? And they were like “ everyone has heard of a Franklin”. And I replied “ 10 meatball and 10 chicken parm” and after inspecting one they all started laughing and I graciously donated one of each to the airport security and was happy to get home with 18 grinders. It was soooooo worth it cause where we live in Florida the best meatballs are at Subway.... true story.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
This is a @Fishy level bad food take. Or the opposite but the same as when @JimOllie said Olive Garden has the best Italian food.

Any toddler can make whatever this food thread is about.

Reaction Score
The best Chicken Parm in the state use to be Roseland in Derby. Also the best Italian bread.
But I’m not sure if the quality is the same since Nonna past away.
My son-in-law is a real Chicken Parm guy , me not so much .
I’m more of a Chicken or Veal Francaise guy myself.
But I wouldn’t put them on a grinder.
The quality of the food at Roseland is still excellent, but Ive never had their chicken parm before, ive actually never had any of their dinners since its so hard to go there and not get pizza.

Reaction Score
Sandwich - P&M in New Haven/Branford or Liuzzis in North Haven.

ps don’t call sauce “gravy”
Sure the ordinary red stuff you put on a chicken parm sammie is sauce but the stuff you spend hours cooking with all sorts of different meats and pan drippings was always Sunday gravy.

Reaction Score
Angelo's in Glastonbury is far better than any other I have had, and I have had the Wethersfiekd one. Angelo's is so much better, there's no comparison in my opinion.

Reaction Score
Wethersfield pizza without a doubt is the best for chicken parm..... no one comes close and I would put Franklin Giant grinder in Hartford followed by any of the First and Last Taverns. I almost got shot ( true story). Leaving Connecticut for the last time I ordered 10 meatball from Franklin and 10 chicken parm from Wethersfield pizza, wrapped them in tin foil, froze them in my moms freezer and stuffed them into a carry on bag. When I went through the checkpoint at Bradley ever buzzer and light went off because unknown to me they looked like 20 pipe bombs. They were screaming at me asking what’s in the bag.... and I foolishly started laughing and asked gave you guys ever heard of Franklin Giant? And they were like “ everyone has heard of a Franklin”. And I replied “ 10 meatball and 10 chicken parm” and after inspecting one they all started laughing and I graciously donated one of each to the airport security and was happy to get home with 18 grinders. It was soooooo worth it cause where we live in Florida the best meatballs are at Subway.... true story.
Good story on Franklin Giant Grinder. Years ago (1976), I went to a concert at Colts and didn't have enough money for a concert ticket. The ticket was probably less than $10 back then. But I did have a Franklin sausage grinder. I was able to sell that quite easily to cover the cost of my concert ticket.

I am in Florida as well and I find that Firehouse Subs make a very good meatball grinder. Actually, any sub of theirs is always fresh and quite tasty. I have not discovered any of the local places yet.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
Gravy? North Jersey?

The italian deli in newington makes a good one but i taste their seasoning all night. Thin. Crispy. Slightly over packed on a house made roll.

Provolone or mozz is the real question here.

Ohh yea. West end pizza in Bristol, back in the day, made a killer chicken parm.
I cannot associate the word gravy with Italian food. Born and raised Italian from Waterbury, I never heard the word gravy. Must be my loss.

Hankster

What do I know.
Reaction Score
The best Chicken Parm in the state use to be Roseland in Derby. Also the best Italian bread.
But I’m not sure if the quality is the same since Nonna past away.
My son-in-law is a real Chicken Parm guy , me not so much .
I’m more of a Chicken or Veal Francaise guy myself.
But I wouldn’t put them on a grinder.
I actually like Veal Parm.

MrP

Reaction Score
I have 3 nominations and will probably get killed for all 3
1. Pagliacci’s in Plainville (chicken parm dinner)
2. Da Capo in Litchfield (again, dinner)
3. Si Mangia in Hamden (grinder) (is it still there?)

these are by memory, I haven’t been to any except #1 for over 5 years

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Zerios in Cromwell makes a decent chicken Parm. All their stuff is good italian deli.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
good call with Rinaldis.

hasn't been a good "red sauce" Italian deli in Norwalk since Rinaldis on Main Avenue closed 6-7 years ago....I swing by the East Main Stamford location all the time when I'm down that way at lunchtime

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Kensington Market makes a great one.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Jewish Deli > Italian Deli

There I said it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul