Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

Reaction Score
While on this topic I’m wondering what the best bacon for purchase out there? So far there is an Applewood bacon I got at Shoprite. It was thick cut and better than any I ever had.
The best bacon to purchase is sausage or ham. lol. I am not a bacon fan. I chuckled when I read the title of this thread because I would never put cheese on top of a chicken embryo and don't care for bacon.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I have to admit in deli in CT is pretty much found in the supermarket. Some are pretty good, though (Highland Park).

Reaction Score
The best bacon to purchase is sausage or ham. lol. I am not a bacon fan. I chuckled when I read the title of this thread because I would never put cheese on top of a chicken embryo and don't care for bacon.
The smell of bacon frying is intoxicating. I would bank on bacon coming out first in a public survey. I never liked sausage or ham. Bacon I could eat all day and put on everything including my cornflakes. My cardiologist on the other hand takes a different point of view....

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I'm with you on the cheese, but ham is really the parts of the pig that were not good enough to become bacon.

Someone will come out of the woodwork to accuse me of hating food, but a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich is a kind of a lot for breakfast, ain't it? Place that I occasionally stop into early in the morning cannot make them fast enough, but it just seems like a tough meal for 7 am.

Reaction Score
I'm with you on the cheese, but ham is really the parts of the pig that were not good enough to become bacon.

Someone will come out of the woodwork to accuse me of hating food, but a bacon, egg and cheese sandwich is a kind of a lot for breakfast, ain't it? Place that I occasionally stop into early in the morning cannot make them fast enough, but it just seems like a tough meal for 7 am.
Ham is one of the best tasting foods on the planet, not the junk most Americans eat but the stuff they eat in Spain, Italy, and France. Ham at it's best blows bacon out of the water.

Reaction Score
I have to admit in deli in CT is pretty much found in the supermarket. Some are pretty good, though (Highland Park).
What kind of deli are you talking about? You can get great Italian grinders all over CT.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Ham is one of the best tasting foods on the planet, not the junk most Americans eat but the stuff they eat in Spain, Italy, and France. Ham at it's best blows bacon out of the water.

Pancetta kills bacon.

We went to a Spanish restaurant a few years back - had a ham that was aged almost four years. I think the plate cost about $70. You had to get past the smell of funk, but it was something else.

But he's talking about eating a slab of salty, pink crap at 7 am. Not happening.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
-Fancy Bagels in Farmington/Southington does one with Boar's Head bacon that's really great

-Rebel Dog Coffee Co. (Plainville, new one just opened in Farmington) w/hollandaise is incredible

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Eggs ruin a good bacon and cheese sandwich. Eggs suck.

Reaction Score
The Wethersfield Diner on Silas Deane Highway makes an excellent BEC for what that's worth....

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
CT has plenty of legit delis. I grew up in the New Haven area and you could always find great italian delis and of course pizza. I will say since moving east of the river 5 years ago I have not come across many delis that get me excited, or pizza for that matter. Maybe I just need to look harder.

Reaction Score
Lower Fairfield country (Stamford/Greenwich) has incredible delis, many of which are Italian owned.

In Stamford, Fusaro's on High Ridge Road makes a great BEC while Rinaldi's in Cos Cob is always consistently eggcelent.

Right near the border of Port Chester, Firehouse Deli can argue it's the best deli in Greenwich while my personal favorite is Garden Catering in Old Greenwich.

Reaction Score
CT has plenty of legit delis. I grew up in the New Haven area and you could always find great italian delis and of course pizza. I will say since moving east of the river 5 years ago I have not come across many delis that get me excited, or pizza for that matter. Maybe I just need to look harder.

When I lived in Norwich Vocatura's was decent, but that's going on 15 years ago.

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
When I lived in Stamford in the early 1980's Allen's Deli on High Ridge Rd had a great Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a hard Roll special that came with coffee and a Tropicana OJ. Probably not there anymore?

Alan's has been gone at least 20 years. Thai Place > Judys > BBQ place (all restaurants). Funny the other day I was trying to remember the name (Alan's). That and Reddi-Rooster were my local go-to's growing up, agree on the BEC at Alans. BTW, get your hands on some Peter Luger bacon, grill or broil it well done, sublime on an bacon and egg sandwich, so porky and rich it does not need cheese.

Reaction Score
the brunch box food truck in Stamford has an amazing bacon egg and cheese. I'd venture to say the best one I've had ever

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Alan's has been gone at least 20 years. Thai Place > Judys > BBQ place (all restaurants). Funny the other day I was trying to remember the name (Alan's). That and Reddi-Rooster were my local go-to's growing up, agree on the BEC at Alans. BTW, get your hands on some Peter Luger bacon, grill or broil it well done, sublime on an bacon and egg sandwich, so porky and rich it does not need cheese.
Grew up right near Reddi- Rooster. Great chicken! I am struggling to remember Alan’s. Was that the deli near Brambrut’s?

Reaction Score
Uncle's Deli - Darien. But, I'll make sure Country Cow is on the list next time I'm in the area.
Uncles is good, but Mama Carmela’s loads you with bacon. If I’m hungover, their Chili, Egg & Cheese is my go-to! ... I’m sorry, Chili, Egg & Cheese is a different thread!

Last edited:

dvegas

Duck Fuke
Reaction Score
Grew up right near Reddi- Rooster. Great chicken! I am struggling to remember Alan’s. Was that the deli near Brambrut’s?

Yes. First place this recipient of a Mohel's services ever had a ham sandwich (although bacon was in the rotation long before that).

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
What kind of deli are you talking about? You can get great Italian grinders all over CT.
What Italian delis do we have in the Hartford area? I know where to get a nice capicola but I didn't think we were talking about grinder shops.

Reaction Score
Uncles is good, but Mama Carmela’s loads you with bacon. If I’m hungover, their Chili, Egg & Cheese is my go-to! ... I’m sorry, Chili, Egg & Cheese is a different thread!
How about Valvala’s?

Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom