Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Circle Pizza in Madison at the rt 80/79 circle. I have not lived down that way in some time, but that was my go to breakfast sandwich. Ordered it with homefries on the sandwich and the best part was always being surprised at what they charged. Depending how they felt that day it could be anywhere from $2.75 to 4 and change.

Reaction Score
kid you not - Mobile Station grill at exit 14 in Southbury - Egg & cheese and hard roll 1.50 made to order
The Brookfield one is better, but they are good too. The Brookfield one is actually fantastic for just about everything. It's my favorite deli in the area

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Circle Pizza in Madison at the rt 80/79 circle. I have not lived down that way in some time, but that was my go to breakfast sandwich. Ordered it with homefries on the sandwich and the best part was always being surprised at what they charged. Depending how they felt that day it could be anywhere from $2.75 to 4 and change.
Funny I was going to post this as my go-to but thought it was too obscure to be useful to others. This is the exact place I had in mind when I referenced going for the sausage patty instead of the bacon. I like their sausage patty better, and my wife and/or daughter usually get a BEC and only eat half, so I get their BEC scraps, which is perfect for me. Just had a round of these on Sunday. I have never had the home fries on the sandwich but will ask next time. My wife gets them on the side occasionally and I have liked them when I've had them.

With all the mention of the various Mobil delis, I also have to throw in Deli Unlimited in Guilford, in the Gulf station, as another solid contender. They are easily my second choice to Country Cow because they will also use a Portuguese roll on request.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
With all the mention of the various Mobil delis, I also have to throw in Deli Unlimited in Guilford, in the Gulf station, as another solid contender. They are easily my second choice to Country Cow because they will also use a Portuguese roll on request.

Respect on the Deli U mention, everything is good there. I have enjoyed many Larry Birds.

Reaction Score
Best Sausage, Egg and Cheese in CT can be had at the Winsted Diner. It's called the The Ra-Doc-A-Doodle in honor of the Diner's former owner Bob Radochhio.

Reaction Score
Man, that's a sore spot almost as bad as pizza & bagels for me. There are a handful of us CT ex-pats on the r/pittsburgh subreddit who pine for actual hard rolls.

However, the best I've found in the past decade weren't in CT. They were from a bakery in Carle Place, LI.

I have a pretty good recipe that gave me the crumbly crust and soft innards, but I don't use it as wife no longer eats bread and they don't freeze well.

I'll also add that a summer fresh garden tomato slice bumps your standard BEC to 11 and cheddar is too greasy, it needs American, although you can get away with Colby or ColbyJack.

Im in VA. When I say hard roll people have 0 idea what it is. They say, why would someone want a roll that is hard... Yuck... blows me away. But this is the same place where people think Einstein bagels or Panera is the Shiiznits when it comes to bagels. I just laugh and keep on moving.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that establishments (and there are 3 here within spitting distance in Essex as I type this) that scramble the eggs for their breakfast sandwiches instead of a broken yolk fried egg should all be burned to the ground?

Please lets get that stipulated before some dope like Dove comes here and starts singing the praises of something hideous.

I'll only eat scrambled egg breakfast sandwiches. Fried eggs are wrong, although the broken yolk certainly beats the runny uncooked yolk.

Reaction Score
The real answer is:

The closest place I can get to with a hangover.

Went on a business trip (boondoggle) in NJ once. Woke up the next morning with a Grade 5 hangover. Me and my co-worker pulled off the Jersey Tpke and into some little diner. The BEC was pure heaven. Got done with it, looked at him and said "I'm getting another one" and we both scoffed down the second one faster than the first.

Reaction Score
Growing up in northern Westchester then attending UConn made me realize I took deli’s for granted. I’m not one to say NY trumps CT in pizza, CT has some great pizza. But the CT deli scene is pathetic.

Reaction Score
Growing up in northern Westchester then attending UConn made me realize I took deli’s for granted. I’m not one to say NY trumps CT in pizza, CT has some great pizza. But the CT deli scene is pathetic.
it's not bad in Fairfield County. We have some decent ones in the Danbury area, but there is a lot of bad too

Reaction Score
Really? I grew up going to good Italian delis in Waterbury and Torrington. There were certainly no good Jewish delis though.

Reaction Score
Notch Store in Cheshire. Best breakfast sandwich I have ever had.

I live in Cheshire and the notch is nowhere near the top of the list locally. Lousy flavorless roll, cheap cheese.

Reaction Score
While on this topic I’m wondering what the best bacon for purchase out there? So far there is an Applewood bacon I got at Shoprite. It was thick cut and better than any I ever had.

Reaction Score
While on this topic I’m wondering what the best bacon for purchase out there? So far there is an Applewood bacon I got at Shoprite. It was thick cut and better than any I ever had.

The old Brookfield Deli used to deep fry their bacon and it was so good

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom