Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
American is the worst cheese I’ve ever had. Is it even cheese?

The right cheese for the application is definitely pepper jack.

on a chorizo and egg sandwich or wrap, sure. but now we are getting off the path, arent we? We are talking about a Northeast institution here as unique and reknowned as Pizza and Lobster rolls to the area.

Tell you what though since we are off to the races. The Jersey Breakfast sandwiches with Taylor Ham can give a Southern CT/NYC BEC a run for its money.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
20140921-pork-roll-white-rose-complete-drew-lazor.jpg

Reaction Score
LOL Im from Bergen county you south Jersey redneck. :) Its Taylor ham upstate. I mean you south jersey dopes even have an accent. Pork Roll. Jesus. And Dean ween is decidely Philly/Camden trash :)
What town are you from?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok I see the bacon egg and cheese, Portuguese roll and Taylor ham have been covered.

Who you got for best breakfast sausage patty? When the sausage patty is good, I prefer it to bacon for an egg and cheese sandwich.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Quick question... does anyone know what a hard roll is? Just wondering.

Man, that's a sore spot almost as bad as pizza & bagels for me. There are a handful of us CT ex-pats on the r/pittsburgh subreddit who pine for actual hard rolls.

However, the best I've found in the past decade weren't in CT. They were from a bakery in Carle Place, LI.

I have a pretty good recipe that gave me the crumbly crust and soft innards, but I don't use it as wife no longer eats bread and they don't freeze well.

I'll also add that a summer fresh garden tomato slice bumps your standard BEC to 11 and cheddar is too greasy, it needs American, although you can get away with Colby or ColbyJack.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Tenafly
All my family lives in North Jersey. They don't do pizza all that well but they do Italian better than anywhere else. There are so many good Italian restaurants and grocery stores everywhere you look.

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
The bagels are a bit small at Bruegger’s, but the Western sandwich is v good.
Bacon, egg, cheddar, green peppers, red peppers, onion, chipotle sauce. On an everything bagel...mmmmmm

Reaction Score
Can we all agree that establishments (and there are 3 here within spitting distance in Essex as I type this) that scramble the eggs for their breakfast sandwiches instead of a broken yolk fried egg should all be burned to the ground?

Please lets get that stipulated before some dope like Dove comes here and starts singing the praises of something hideous.

Totally agree

Reaction Score
Notch Store in Cheshire. Best breakfast sandwich I have ever had.

Reactions: MrP

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Ok I see the bacon egg and cheese, Portuguese roll and Taylor ham have been covered.

Who you got for best breakfast sausage patty? When the sausage patty is good, I prefer it to bacon for an egg and cheese sandwich.

Smoked kielbasa, man.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Angry Egg is my favorite breakfast spot in Manchester. Honestly don’t know if I’ve gotten the sandwich there but I’m sure it’s awesome.

No lie though, the Sam’s connivence store next to the Langan VW in Glastonbury makes the BEST BREAKFAST SANDWICHES

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
It’s interesting that this is definitely a food group that is better in the northeast. Living in Atlanta, and now California, I have learned the best BEC is made at home. And...they still don’t have real hard rolls....or good bread in general, that can compete with the northeast.

When I lived in Stamford, there was a diner on high ridge road near the Merritt, that had an amazing BEC. As I remember, it looked a lot like the picture on the Country Cow site. Not sure if they are still there.

Bread....pizza....BEC...bagels...all things that other parts of the country just don’t do as well as the northeast.

Reaction Score

I actually like Dunkin Donuts' sausage patty (just the right amount of kick w/ other spices). I used to go to D&D the night before and just buy the sausage patties to take to UConn football tailgates.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
All my family lives in North Jersey. They don't do pizza all that well but they do Italian better than anywhere else. There are so many good Italian restaurants and grocery stores everywhere you look.
Calandras bread ftw...

Reaction Score
kid you not - Mobile Station grill at exit 14 in Southbury - Egg & cheese and hard roll 1.50 made to order

Reaction Score
ADub has owned the first 3 pages of this thread. Especially the part about Dove being a dope. I can't recall a poster ever dominating a topic like this in recent memory.

Reaction Score
When I lived in Stamford in the early 1980's Allen's Deli on High Ridge Rd had a great Bacon, Egg and Cheese on a hard Roll special that came with coffee and a Tropicana OJ. Probably not there anymore?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom