Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Best Bacon Egg + Cheese in CT?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I was going to go to my usual East of the River diabtribe about the barren cultural wasteland it is out there across the mighty Connecticut, but remembered I no longer can do that. Yikes.

yeah nothing screams culture like Deep River, Alabama

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Can we all agree that establishments (and there are 3 here within spitting distance in Essex as I type this) that scramble the eggs for their breakfast sandwiches instead of a broken yolk fried egg should all be burned to the ground?

Please lets get that stipulated before some dope like Dove comes here and starts singing the praises of something hideous.

Last edited:

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
I don’t know the best, but I can tell you ever since Dunkin discontinued cheddar cheese they have the worst Bacon Egg and Cheese.

Also anyone who likes American cheese is an animal.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Much like pizza, there is obviously a certain je ne sais quoi about a mom & pop that will always give them an advantage over a Brueggers or Panera, let alone a Dunks. To that end, the sandwich from Eggs Up Grill on Rte. 66 in Portland is solid. Nothing overly special, but exactly what you'd expect for a good price.

Mike turned me onto the bakery across from the Diamond in Glastonbury. It’s pretty good - but I hate places that have chaos for a line to order.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
I was going to go to my usual East of the River diabtribe about the barren cultural wasteland it is out there across the mighty Connecticut, but remembered I no longer can do that. Yikes.
Essex is directly south of East Hampton. The only reason it is West of the river is because it flows southeast in that area. You used to live West of the River on a technicality.

August_West

Reaction Score
yeah nothing screams culture like Deep River, Alabama

We petitioned our local reps to move Deep River across the river where it would feel more at home. Chester and Essex dont want it here. Be more at home in between East Hampton and Marlborough I think.

I mean they have to PAY me well to get me over near you. :)

August_West

Reaction Score
This! I try to re-create this at home, and I just can't. It's just perfection at the Country Cow.
Keep practicing.
Dont break until it has cooked for 20 30 seconds or so to give it a base, then break yolk with corner of spatula and gently start spreading to edges (from middle out) as it is cooking , dont spread too aggressively as the yolk kinda gets its own momentum and will tumble over the sides of the egg.

August_West

Reaction Score
I don’t know the best, but I can tell you ever since Dunkin discontinued cheddar cheese they have the worst Bacon Egg and Cheese.

Also anyone who likes American cheese is an animal.

Youre an animal if you dont enjoy a slice of nice melty american on a high level BEC. Its the right cheese for the application.

Reaction Score
Youre an animal if you dont enjoy a slice of nice melty american on a high level BEC. Its the right cheese for the application.
I do think it's the best cheese for it, but there can't be too much. It's easy to overpower a sandwich with American cheese

Reaction Score
Lebanon Green Store was my BECGOAT. Decades and decades and decades of bacon grease on that griddle before their unexpected closing.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
We petitioned our local reps to move Deep River across the river where it would feel more at home. Chester and Essex dont want it here. Be more at home in between East Hampton and Marlborough I think.

I mean they have to PAY me well to get me over near you. :)

Yeah like you have fine dining like this.

Read this menu and tell me how many days you think this place can stay open.

all i can picture is people being confused by EVOO

Reaction Score
i'm not generally an american cheese guy, but i would argue that it is the best (if not the only) cheese appropriate for a breakfast sandwich.

my fav in new haven is probably zoi's.

arch

Reaction Score
Can we all agree that establishments (and there are 3 here within spitting distance in Essex as I type this) that scramble the eggs for their breakfast sandwiches instead of a broken yolk fried egg should all be burned to the ground?

Please lets get that stipulated before some dope like Dove comes here and starts singing the praises of something hideous.
NO!

Husky25

Reaction Score
Mike turned me onto the bakery across from the Diamond in Glastonbury. It’s pretty good - but I hate places that have chaos for a line to order.
That used to be a Bagelz, yes? Try Ken's Corner. We used to go there for a late sit down breakfast after a local seminar when I worked in public accounting.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That used to be a Bagelz, yes? Try Ken's Corner. We used to go there for a late sit down breakfast after a local seminar when I worked in public accounting.

Not sure what it used to be. Patty Cakes is what it is now.

I lived in Gbury for a few years - Ken’s is good other than I don’t do lines.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Yeah like you have fine dining like this.

Read this menu and tell me how many days you think this place can stay open.

all i can picture is people being confused by EVOO
I saw the sign go up. Did they fix the water issues at that location? This is the 4th restaurant since Colin's (I believe was forced to close for other reasons) Governor's Tavern to go there thinking they can overcome the water issues. Tough to run a restaurant with unclean water coming through the pipes. Even the Angelico's Lake House people couldn't pull it off.

Husky25

Reaction Score
Not sure what it used to be. Patty Cakes is what it is now.

I lived in Gbury for a few years - Ken’s is good other than I don’t do lines.
Didn't have that problem at 10:00.

August_West

Reaction Score

RayIsTheGOAT

Sticks, to the rafters
Reaction Score
American is the worst cheese I’ve ever had. Is it even cheese?

The right cheese for the application is definitely pepper jack.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jjblox

Top Bottom