Beer | Page 98 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Took a half/day and went up to Treehouse for some Alter Ego and Haze today. I gotta say, Julius still pops out to me as the best, then Haze. The judgement is still out on Doppelganger and Alter Ego, they both kinda taste the same to me?

So far I've had Lights On, Julius, Doppleganger, Alter Ego, and Haze. I really want to try Green, King Julius and JJJJulius of course.

Is it really worth taking a half day and waiting in a line? Asking because I have considered.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Is it really worth taking a half day and waiting in a line? Asking because I have considered.

The one time I made the trip I got there about 12:20 and the line was around the parking lot, past the dumpster. Since I didn't quite realize how long the line was until I got there I said out loud to no one in particular, "This line is pretty long." The guy in front of me was vaping. He stops mid-vape and says, "It's the best beer in the world, man." The two guys behind me drove in from Saratoga specifically for Treehouse. It was Sap and Julius the day I was there. I enjoyed Sap just fine but I thought Julius was special.

Reaction Score
yup....my advice - try to hit wed line between 1:30-2:30.....you will be in and out 15 mins (depending what they have to offer that day).
The last 2 times I've arrived at 4 and had less than 5 minute wait

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Went to see Dark Star Orchestra in Northampton last night
Son and I decided to take in some area breweries
Stopped at Brick & Feathers, Honest Weight, Element and Lefty's
Honest Weight celebrated their 1st yr anniversary and place was hopping
There's some good stuff going on in local breweries

Reaction Score
Insane line today at Tree House this afternoon. This used to be the sweet spot to get in and out. It's out of control.
treehouse_n.jpg

Reaction Score
I know this is pre-holiday frenzy, and next week will be worse. Also, they have a totally different schedule next week.

Monday - 12pm-6pm CAN SALES ONLY
Tuesday - 2pm-8pm CAN SALES & GROWLER SALES
Wednesday - 2pm-8pm CAN SALES & GROWLER SALES
Thanksgiving day - CLOSED - HAPPY THANKSGIVING!
Friday - CLOSED
Saturday - 10am - 3pm - We anticipate limited availability on this day. As always, updates on availability will be posted to our twitter account @treehousebrewco and our on tap page treehousebrew.com/on-tap

Reaction Score
Planning to hit the two new breweries in Hartford, Hanging Hills and Hog River....next weekend....
I seem to remember people raving about one of the Hanging Hills' IPA's???
Anybody been to either????
Recommendations of what to try and what to avoid???

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I should have checked this before my last trip to Boston. I was aimlessly trying local brews with no direction. Though I have to admit, I was a big fan of Down East Cider. And of course, I can't get that in Texas.

Reaction Score
Planning to hit the two new breweries in Hartford, Hanging Hills and Hog River....next weekend....

I really only liked the Hog River local 35 IPA from Hog River... I think that's what it was.

Hanging Hills I would recommend the Hartbeat DIPA and YPA but I enjoyed them all

Reaction Score
Hanging Hills is my favorite. Hartbeat is an excellent DIPA, but I know they are running low. Really like the YPA, Ryan man, and IOPA.

Reaction Score
Anybody happen to go to Tree House last week and grab Double Shot bottles? Didn't get a chance to make it but would love to get my hands on a bottle. Have lots of options to trade and will also be going to Trillium tomorrow. PM me

Another new brewery I haven't seen mentioned is Fat Orange Cat brewing in East Hampton for a completely different experience. They are set up in their garage and are a seasonal brewery. Their staple is a Jalapeno Cream ale which is pretty good but also have some rotating IPA's. I believe they are only open another 2-3 weeks and then are on hiatus until March-April.

Reaction Score
FYI, seeing the talk of Tree House. Avoid, avoid, avoid next week, especially Wednesday. Probably their busiest day of the year.

Reaction Score
FYI, seeing the talk of Tree House. Avoid, avoid, avoid next week, especially Wednesday. Probably their busiest day of the year.
Absolutely agree. I usually jut get their cans, as I can't stand waiting 1-2 hours for growlers. Forget thanksgiving week

Reaction Score
Heartbeat from hanging hills is good. I enjoyed their pilsner and saison called three women as well as one other hoppy option.

Hog Rivers physical brewery is cool but the beer didn't blow me away. They only had three options available when I went so if you find something you like there post it please. I Want to try it again

Reaction Score
Heartbeat from hanging hills is good. I enjoyed their pilsner and saison called three women as well as one other hoppy option.

Hog Rivers physical brewery is cool but the beer didn't blow me away. They only had three options available when I went so if you find something you like there post it please. I Want to try it again
I also liked their brewery, but thought the beer was okay. Also didn't like having to wait in line to order a beer, rather than get it right at the bar. I will stick with Hanging Hills

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Drinking a Wormtowm Blizzard of 78 during the game. Have to give props to a really fantastic winter beer.

Reaction Score
Just had a pour judgement and then cracked a captains daughter when Gilbert got hurt. Drink it off

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Took a half/day and went up to Treehouse for some Alter Ego and Haze today. I gotta say, Julius still pops out to me as the best, then Haze. The judgement is still out on Doppelganger and Alter Ego, they both kinda taste the same to me?

So far I've had Lights On, Julius, Doppleganger, Alter Ego, and Haze. I really want to try Green, King Julius and JJJJulius of course.

My top 5:

VeryHazy
KingJulius
Green
Doppel
Haze
VeryGreen
Curiosity 27
Julius
Bright w/Simcoe&Amarillo

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
It's a decent list. I haven't had Jjjulius, but regular Julius is amazing. Treehouse Green is at #12. Notice there are two from Grimm here for those of you close to NY. I can't get the IPAs here. Focal Banger is deserving. Another One and Lunch are both great (and Peeper is really good, but I like MO better).

Melcher Street has been my favorite Trillium "street" beer, but that's just a hop preference for Moasic over the Galaxy in Congress, the Simcoe in Summer, Nelson Sauvin in Stllings St. and El Dorado in Sleeper. Very cool how they focus on one hop with the same malt bill for all of those street beers. I got "A Street" today...Amarillo hops. I'm thinking it may unseat Melcher as my favorite.

Definitely check out DDH Publick House if you haven't yet...

Reaction Score
Tried a Sloop Brewing Co - Green Island IPA at a local pub last night - not too bad as far as IPA's because I normally despise them, it was pretty tasty. But more importantly I found a replacement for my occasional Jameson neat - "Knot" somewhere between a Jamey and maybe a Drambuie (knot as sweet) like liqueur excellent flavors and aroma. Reviews speak of caramel, juniper and black pepper but whatever they use a really nice taste especially when coming out of the cold.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tried a Sloop Brewing Co - Green Island IPA at a local pub last night - not too bad as far as IPA's because I normally despise them, it was pretty tasty. But more importantly I found a replacement for my occasional Jameson neat - "Knot" somewhere between a Jamey and maybe a Drambuie (knot as sweet) like liqueur excellent flavors and aroma. Reviews speak of caramel, juniper and black pepper but whatever they use a really nice taste especially when coming out of the cold.
Have you had Red Breast?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom