Beer | Page 117 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Stopped by Relic last night.....they released their new Golden Rose IPA. Good, not great.
Sort of like their other offerings IMHO. I was hoping for more.
$12.99/six pk
Still free samples of whatever is on tap though....and you get to chat with "quirky" owner.

Reaction Score
One thing for me I've noticed, is the acclaimed beers are outrageously priced now. $25 for a bomber, or $18 for a 4 pack. If you know a local beer is good, you can save a lot of dough. But when there are 100 options, its hard to know whats good except Beer Advocate's top 250.

I agree- I almost always go with something local when I'm out and prices are nice. Luckily, there are now a lot of local breweries popping up in the east bay, along with stalwarts like Lagunitas, Bear Republic, Russian River, et al.

Lagunitas little sumpin is my go to- but now I'm getting their limited release-Undercover Shutdown. It's 9.6 abv, but only $10.99. If I'm just making dinner, one is enough, but even if someone is over and partaking or I'm watching a game, I can't really have more than two!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Good to know....it just hasn't been the same lately. Kinda like Pepe's since it began opening other locations ; )
I gotta say I had a great pie from Manchester last month. Hit every note for me, don't know what would have made it better.

ADD: With beer

Reaction Score
We hit the grand opening of New Park Brewing in W. Hartford today....huge lines into the parking lot, but they did what they could.
They had an APA, Oatmeal Porter, IPA and DIPA going....I had the the two IPA's and they were first rate. Met the owner/brewer...nice guy....cool vibe at this place....an old ball bearing plant on New Park Ave. Reminded me of my beloved Firefly Brewing.....They will have an outdoor patio soon. Very psyched to see this in the town I grew up in. Met up with FourRings for the first time....he was helping out with crowd control etc....Great guy...Definitely not some kind of internet wacko. :p

Last edited:
Reaction Score
We hit the grand opening of New Park Brewing in W. Hartford today....huge lines into the parking lot, but they did what they could.
They had an APA, Oatmeal Porter, IPA and DIPA going....I had the the two IPA's and they were first rate. Met the owner/brewer...nice guy....cool vibe at this place....an old ball bearing plant on New Park Ave. Reminded me of my beloved Firefly Brewing.....They will have an outdoor patio soon. Very psyched to see this in the town I grew up in. Met up with FourRings for the first time....he was helping out with crowd control etc....Great guy...Definitely not some kind of internet wacko. :p

Thanks Alex. It was great to meet up with you today. Next time it will be when we both can enjoy a nice IPA. You're definitely not some child kidnapper:)

Reaction Score
Just back from Italy.

The wine is of course very good but Italian beers have come a long way.

In Rome, I went to this bar: Ma Che Siete Venuti A Fa'

The night I went, they had multiple taps from Cantillon.

I stopped into a craft beer store and picked up some bottles from Del Ducato Birrificio which distributes in the states. Their Verdi Imperial Stout is fantastic.

In Venice, we stopped into this bar: Facebook

Great little bar. Had a Borderline Brewery Citrus IPA (Italian brewery) on tap which was excellent and also a Danish Gose (was mistakenly told it was an Italian Brewer) (https://shop.to-ol.dk/product/santa-gose--it-all/) by TO-OL? Best Gose I've ever had.

Seems that not only are craft beers catching on everywhere, but Italy had its share of hipsters too.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I feel like at this time last year there were goses up the wazoo. Where my goses at!? Can't drink hop hurricanes all the time.

Reaction Score
Stopped at proclamation on the way to Newport. It's about 2 miles away from URI. Delicious beer. Not a great place to hang out but if you're in the area it's def worth it.

Reaction Score
Also picked up a 4 pack of irregular hartbeat at hanging hills. Not as good as hartbeat but still good

Reaction Score
Also picked up a 4 pack of irregular hartbeat at hanging hills. Not as good as hartbeat but still good
I agree. Still like it a lot though. We must have crossed paths there at some point as I go about once a week.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Had it at elis tavern in milford. Very good not too bitter and not super juicy very smooth and easy to drink. Almost like a session ipa but I believe it's 6-7%. Better than sea hag
My wife and son scored me a 4 pack yesterday on a recommendation from a store clerk. The guy told them it was from the brewer of Ghandi Bot, she remembered the only time I found that here in West Hartford. Anyway it's incredible, nicely balanced.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
My wife and son scored me a 4 pack yesterday on a recommendation from a store clerk. The guy told them it was from the brewer of Ghandi Bot, she remembered the only time I found that here in West Hartford. Anyway it's incredible, nicely balanced.
I lost track, what are we talking about here T?

Reaction Score
Having another IPA party today. On deck;

TH- Julius
TH-Green
TH- Very Hazy
Trillium - The Streets
Trillium - Mettle
Trillium - Cutting Tiles
Trillium - Summer Street DDH
2R - Too Juicy
Beerd- Hobbit Juice
Beerd- Dogs&Boats
Maine Brewing - Lunch
Maine Brewing - Dinner
Bissell Brothers - Swish
Bissell Brothers - Industry vs. Inferiority
DDH Softly Spoken
OH - Forver Simecoe
OH - Throw Some Mo
OH - Double Mosaic Dream
Mookraker - DoJo

My liver is already looking to transfer.

Reaction Score
Having another IPA party today. On deck;

TH- Julius
TH-Green
TH- Very Hazy
Trillium - The Streets
Trillium - Mettle
Trillium - Cutting Tiles
Trillium - Summer Street DDH
2R - Too Juicy
Beerd- Hobbit Juice
Beerd- Dogs&Boats
Maine Brewing - Lunch
Maine Brewing - Dinner
Bissell Brothers - Swish
Bissell Brothers - Industry vs. Inferiority
DDH Softly Spoken
OH - Forver Simecoe
OH - Throw Some Mo
OH - Double Mosaic Dream
Mookraker - DoJo

My liver is already looking to transfer.

How's the 401K doing???? ;)

Reaction Score
Had some beers from Night Shift Brewery in Everett, MA last night.

They were OK--not great.

Now I'm off to buy some Grimm BFF and some Founders KBS

Reaction Score
Had the Stoney Creek DIPA; Big Cranky. Very good for a distributed can.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom