Beer | Page 115 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Not a big Two Roads guy, but like Too Juicy. Very comparable to Captain's Daughter.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Picked up a full case of lucious last weekend. It lives up to its name.
As much as I agree, I just don't drink enough beer, let alone enough of that style, to go through much of it.

Just tried my first Sterk Wit, however, and now regret not getting more of that. Really an excellent, highly quaffable beer, and very true to style.

Went down wayyy too easy, especially for a 7% ABV beer.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
If you're really into the juicy New England style double IPA's this is the juiciest I've ever had, and I've had all the great Tree House and Trillium beers. It's brewed by Relic from Plainville but they contract brew it at Thomas Hooker. It's like sucking on a grape Tootsie Roll Pop.

It was issued a few weeks ago, hard to find and sold out pretty quickly.
View attachment 20890
I bought this on Monday and the first was from the can. Totally underwhelming. I was shocked how bad it was. Tonight I drink my second from a glass and its totally better. Juicier. Weird.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
NEBCO just announced they're going to start selling cans of fuzzy next week. Can't wait for this!
I swear they banged it out a few days ago.

Reaction Score
Back east ice cream man is solid. I really want to try the too juicy by two roads

Reaction Score
If you're really into the juicy New England style double IPA's this is the juiciest I've ever had, and I've had all the great Tree House and Trillium beers. It's brewed by Relic from Plainville but they contract brew it at Thomas Hooker. It's like sucking on a grape Tootsie Roll Pop.

It was issued a few weeks ago, hard to find and sold out pretty quickly.
View attachment 20890
I didn't like this one. Thought it tasted like vanilla. However, my wife loved it. I also had dream rise from relic and that was way better IMO

Reaction Score
Thanks for there suggestions at J. Timothy's. Had Headway, Thomas Hooker Chocolate Truffle Stout, Dogs & Boats, and Cone Flakes. Dogs & Boats was my favorite out of those.

So just before leaving I'm talking to the waiter about beer. He was really into beer so we were talking about lots of breweries in New England. He mentioned Relic and I said too bad they didn't have The Correspondent because I would have tried that. He said they actually have it on tap but it wasn't on the menu. We were just about to leave so it was too late to try it.

I'll tell you, there are just too many beers these days. But I guess I can die trying them all.

Reaction Score
Been buying Du Vig Ale, a Branford Brewery, at Stop and Shop no less. Worth a try

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Thanks for there suggestions at J. Timothy's. Had Headway, Thomas Hooker Chocolate Truffle Stout, Dogs & Boats, and Cone Flakes. Dogs & Boats was my favorite out of those.

So just before leaving I'm talking to the waiter about beer. He was really into beer so we were talking about lots of breweries in New England. He mentioned Relic and I said too bad they didn't have The Correspondent because I would have tried that. He said they actually have it on tap but it wasn't on the menu. We were just about to leave so it was too late to try it.

I'll tell you, there are just too many beers these days. But I guess I can die trying them all.
Of course he mentioned Relic...same town as J Tims.

@Ewekon ...will be jumping on the Duvig train this spring.

Reaction Score
NEBCO just announced they're going to start selling cans of fuzzy next week. Can't wait for this!
I'm going to buy an entire case worth and my fridge cant handle any more beer!

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
When I was at J. Timothy's the waiter told me about this place. Said it's supposed to open this month.

Alvarium Beer Company

So many breweries opening these days. You wonder when it starts being too many and some go out of business.

Yep...one of my coworkers is part owner/brewer at Alvarium. They've been doing a ton of work themselves. Looks like late April opening now.

Reaction Score
And Hooper....you were back in CT and ten minutes from my house and didn't tell me???

Reaction Score
And Hooper....you were back in CT and ten minutes from my house and didn't tell me???
I did. I posted above that I was going to be at J. Timothy's and figured you'd see it and respond with suggestions since nobody knows the local beer scene like you. I was going to PM you but figured you'd see the post. I was there for my nephew's surprise birthday party for about 3 1/2 hours. Was with the whole family so I don't think it would have gone over too tell if I had taken off to the bar to have a few with you. It would have been more fun but I would have gotten $hlt for it.

Reaction Score
I scored two crowlers from Fat Orange Cat last night from a package store in Marlborough. I drank one which was a 7.6 ABV New England IPA called Consensus. Darn good. Looking forward to checking out their brewery in East Hampton this year. I have a coworker who has been talking this place up since it opened last year. Consensus set the bar pretty high, as its either the, or at least one of the, best New England IPAs I've had from a Connecticut brewery.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom