Beer | Page 105 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Hopefully if their production is going to be what many think it will be, there won't be any need for waiting. Putting it in stores would be a novel idea.

It's my understanding they have no plans on distribution to stores. They are going to be able to produce more and have their 4-6 mainstays available almost all the time to meet demand.

They already charge retail and always sell out while being able to sell more so why would they cut into their profit margins by adding a distributor that would cause their beers to retail at $5-6+ dollars/beer when you can go straight to them and get it $2 cheaper and fresher.

They do very well with their current setup

Reaction Score
It's my understanding they have no plans on distribution to stores. They are going to be able to produce more and have their 4-6 mainstays available almost all the time to meet demand.

They already charge retail and always sell out while being able to sell more so why would they cut into their profit margins by adding a distributor that would cause their beers to retail at $5-6+ dollars/beer when you can go straight to them and get it $2 cheaper and fresher.

They do very well with their current setup

The brewmaster/owner has also discussed how much he dislikes the idea of retailers mishandling the beer. And of the product not being optimally fresh.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Wolf Among Weeds IPA from Golden Road Brewery in California is pretty good.

Reaction Score
In line for Trailblazer right now. Line is getting longer by the minute

Reaction Score
In line for Trailblazer right now. Line is getting longer by the minute
I was 15 minutes ahead of you. Got in line at 11:25, about 60 people but it steadily grew to about a couple hundred by noon.

During the last release I got there at 2:00 and there was no one in line, just walked right in and there was plenty of beer left. Would have done that today but I needed to get back to Hartford for the men's tip-off at 2:30.

I'm sipping one now, and it is very good!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't believe it's brewed with fruit juice. If they added juice after, I.E. Radler, it would oxygenate and ruin the beer quickly and reduce the ABV. It's likely hopped with massive amounts of Citra and Mosiac (I think) during brewing and dry hopped after. Id guess over an ounce of hops per gallon.

There is no fruit. They get those flavors from the hops. It's brewing techniques

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Had a few Dirty Mayors watching the game and then capped it off with Ballast Point Coconut Victory at Sea porter, which I had them pour in advance so it could warm up a bit before drinking. I love coconut, and I love porters and stouts, but I am most often disappointed in coconut porters and stouts because they err either on the side of no discernible coconut, or too sweet and artificial tasting. Like most things, Ballast Point hits this one out of the park. As one of maybe a half dozen beers I've had in the last three months, it was a great choice.

Reaction Score
The revised IPA from pioneer tastes like
Julius.

Just had a jiggawatt DIPA by broad brook... not bad

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Tried Sloop Brewing's Juice Bomb last night. It's been a while since I've had Julius, but it was the first thing I thought of when I tasted it. Really great New England style IPA imo. I've heard good things about all of their beers.

Also finally checked out Beer Collective in New Haven for the first time. I think it's my new favorite beer joint--nice cider on tap (New England Cider Company's Wild Fermented Barrel Cider) and great bottle/can selection as well. Of course, great beer taps--and growler fills at pretty reasonable prices.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Old dude just pointed toward his cooler of Schaeffers. I might do one. Just 'cuz.

tdrink

Pessimistic idealist
Reaction Score
It used to be just called IPA.
Then some West Coasters said, "Hey, we're Americans! If this is so good, why not double it. Make it huge with hops!"

And then some east coasters said "We can make make those beers too. And we have better water!"

Reaction Score
At a NYE party last night, tried some Satan's Kingdom Belgian Golden Strong Ale for the first time - from the new Brewery Legitimus.
Very tasty. 8.5% ABV.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I had a beer brewed with oysters tonight.

Don't brew beer with oysters.

I had a good oyster Stout once. And a bad one. Needs to be done right so that all you get really is little hint of brine.

Dove

Part of the 2%, but 100% wood.
Reaction Score
Was it this @Fishy?

OysterStout.jpg

Flying Dog Brewery

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
No - there's a brewery on the Cape called Devil's Purse.

I stopped by and had to buy their oyster beer because it was brewed with oysters and it sounded like something that needed to be investigated.

And it has. You can drink beer with seafood. You just should not drink beer made with seafood. It is bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom