Beer | Page 104 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
Anyone had Trailblazer from Pioneer? Thinking about lining up for some tomorrow.
`I'll be there early, need to get back for the UConn game 2:30 start. I hope the line is manageable. At last release I arrived at 2:00 and walked right in no line.

Reaction Score
My fiancè's aunt and uncle are staying with us through tomorrow through Tuesday (yay?). He likes beer but recently discovered a gluten allergy. Are there other offerings than Omission and Woodbridge? I'm about to go to Total Wine and I think they have a GF section but as with most things in life I have to consult you idiots first.

My daughter has Celiacs. If you have any food/brand/allergen questions, PM me and I'll help. I can also recommend restaurants that are gluten free if you're in CT.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
My daughter has Celiacs. If you have any food/brand/allergen questions, PM me and I'll help. I can also recommend restaurants that are gluten free if you're in CT.
Picked up some omission and a couple new belgiums that are GF a red ridge and some Citizens Cider

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Its alot the people in line that are the killers too. Frickin hipster nuts. Im over chasing. Some good stuff falls in my lap fine.
I love these jokesters who think they're in on some secret "oh you like beer have you ever heard of Treehouse?" Bitch, I've been going there since that place was actually in a treehouse.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
and some Citizens Cider
Great call. My overall favorite and most frequent go-to. I always have their Unified Press, Dirty Mayor and Lake Hopper in the fridge (drinking Lake Hopper right now for Giants game) and just picked up a bomber of their "B" cider, with VT honey added. Looking forward to trying that one. Which one did you get?

Reaction Score
I love these jokesters who think they're in on some secret "oh you like beer have you ever heard of Treehouse?" Bitch, I've been going there since that place was actually in a treehouse.

This is peak hipster.

Reaction Score
It's the beer zombie apocalypse at Tree House this morning. View attachment 17834

I got there at 3:00 today thinking I would be the smart one to miss the initial surge but beat any tightened limits. No such luck. There was a 4 can limit of Julius and 2 growler limit with a 2 hour additional growler wait. And, they told me that Haze would run out before I got my number called so I left with 4 cans. No more. F tree house. Trillium and Beer'd from now on. To make things worse I will probably give 3 cans away as stocking stuffers to my IPA snobs of neighbors.

Reaction Score
I got there at 3:00 today thinking I would be the smart one to miss the initial surge but beat any tightened limits. No such luck. There was a 4 can limit of Julius and 2 growler limit with a 2 hour additional growler wait. And, they told me that Haze would run out before I got my number called so I left with 4 cans. No more. F tree house. Trillium and Beer'd from now on. To make things worse I will probably give 3 cans away as stocking stuffers to my IPA snobs of neighbors.

I understand the frustration but I'm gonna say this was probably on you. What did you expect this time of year? It wasn't really worth it - I wouldn't have went and waited so long if it wasn't a gift. But I can't see a reason to be pissed at TH for their beer being so popular.

Reaction Score
I understand the frustration but I'm gonna say this was probably on you. What did you expect this time of year? It wasn't really worth it - I wouldn't have went and waited so long if it wasn't a gift. But I can't see a reason to be pissed at TH for their beer being so popular.

You're right. Just didn't appreciate the situation. Trillium is every bit as good and never had to experience such limits after waiting an hour outside. My own fault but won't do it again.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Great call. My overall favorite and most frequent go-to. I always have their Unified Press, Dirty Mayor and Lake Hopper in the fridge (drinking Lake Hopper right now for Giants game) and just picked up a bomber of their "B" cider, with VT honey added. Looking forward to trying that one. Which one did you get?
I got him Dirty Mayor. Didn't notice til I rang out that one can was 4 bucks! I hope it's good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I got him Dirty Mayor. Didn't notice til I rang out that one can was 4 bucks! I hope it's good.
It's my favorite of theirs. Has ginger and it is bracing in a good way. That's a lot for a can. I think I pay $12 for a 4 pack. My only beef is that the cans used to be 6.9% abv but went down to 5.1% or something for some reason. The good news is that they just came out with large bottles of Dirty Mayor and those are the normal 6.9% and definitely have a better bite.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping when they open the Charlton brewery everything will be better. More supply and less waiting. We'll see.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
It's my favorite of theirs. Has ginger and it is bracing in a good way. That's a lot for a can. I think I pay $12 for a 4 pack. My only beef is that the cans used to be 6.9% abv but went down to 5.1% or something for some reason. The good news is that they just came out with large bottles of Dirty Mayor and those are the normal 6.9% and definitely have a better bite.
The thing is taunting me right now! I drank a lot of Citizens when I went to VT a couple years back. I'm into sours a bit, I was quite pleased that goses were everywhere this past summer. Hard ciders are awesome when done right it's a shame they have a bad reputation based off riff raff like Angry Orchard.

Reaction Score
I'm hoping when they open the Charlton brewery everything will be better. More supply and less waiting. We'll see.

Hopefully if their production is going to be what many think it will be, there won't be any need for waiting. Putting it in stores would be a novel idea.

Reaction Score
Hopefully if their production is going to be what many think it will be, there won't be any need for waiting. Putting it in stores would be a novel idea.
Will be interesting to see if they do that. But why pay distribution costs and also give away some of the profits to the retailers if everyone comes to them? Can they sell enough at the brewery to make it worth building the big brewery or will they have to sell through retailers? Time will tell I guess.

Reaction Score

Hanging hills and grey sail are the only places I go. I like beer'd tho. Need to go

Reaction Score
I got 8 cans of Julius a couple weeks ago and still have one left. It's good but honestly it's basically an IPA with fruit squeezed into it

Reaction Score
I got 8 cans of Julius a couple weeks ago and still have one left. It's good but honestly it's basically an IPA with fruit squeezed into it

I don't believe it's brewed with fruit juice. If they added juice after, I.E. Radler, it would oxygenate and ruin the beer quickly and reduce the ABV. It's likely hopped with massive amounts of Citra and Mosiac (I think) during brewing and dry hopped after. Id guess over an ounce of hops per gallon.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The thing is taunting me right now! I drank a lot of Citizens when I went to VT a couple years back. I'm into sours a bit, I was quite pleased that goses were everywhere this past summer. Hard ciders are awesome when done right it's a shame they have a bad reputation based off riff raff like Angry Orchard.
If you are close to New Haven at all, Prime 16 has the 6.9% Dirty Mayor on tap right now. I think that's where I will be starting my Christmas weekend today...

Angry Orchard actually isn't all bad. They have a limited release line that is quite good, and I understand that their taphouse is doing a lot of great experimental stuff.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not a big cider drinker, but Angry Orchard/Strongbow with a shot of fireball mixed in is one of my favorites.
If you like that burn, check out Dirty Mayor. The ginger results in a similar dynamic.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom