Beer | Page 106 | The Boneyard

Beer

So, what am I drinking?

• Cloud Sourced

• Honeyspot

• Two Juicey

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction Score
No - there's a brewery on the Cape called Devil's Purse.

I stopped by and had to buy their oyster beer because it was brewed with oysters and it sounded like something that needed to be investigated.

And it has. You can drink beer with seafood. You just should not drink beer made with seafood. It is bad.
Harpoon made an Oyster Stout a few years ago that I thought was quite good. It had some of the minerality of the oyster, but the robustness of the malt really mellowed everything out. Thought it came together well.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Harpoon made an Oyster Stout a few years ago that I thought was quite good. It had some of the minerality of the oyster, but the robustness of the malt really mellowed everything out. Thought it came together well.

You are a crazy person.

I am going to brew beer with flounders and a gopher in it because the world has gone nuts.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Oyster stout is actually made with oysters? I think I'm gonna be sick.

It's been a thing for a long, long time, and is making a comeback. The Harpoon one was good. Devil's Purse where Fishy went is pretty so-so as a brewery, so I'm not surprised that their version wasn't good. Love the name and logo though, and their Kolsch is good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree that the Harpoon one was good.

I also love drinking Guinness when eating raw oysters. Great pairing imo, second only to Sancerre.

Reaction Score
You are a crazy person.

I am going to brew beer with flounders and a gopher in it because the world has gone nuts.

There have been people here who turn their nose up at a Schaefer but glow about the "minerality" of a beer thats brewed with oysters. Just think about that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There have been people here who turn their nose up at a Schaefer but glow about the "minerality" of a beer thats brewed with oysters. Just think about that.
I think there's a place for both. Growing up a Mets fan, I'll always have a soft spot for Schaefer and Rheingold, but PBR is my usual go-to for that type of beer because it's what my buddy drinks and he's always got a cooler full of it (and he was drinking it long before it became a hipster thing).

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It's been a thing for a long, long time, and is making a comeback. The Harpoon one was good. Devil's Purse where Fishy went is pretty so-so as a brewery, so I'm not surprised that their version wasn't good. Love the name and logo though, and their Kolsch is good.
We've been there (Devil's Purse) several times - hit or miss and depending on whats on tap - but their logo and merchandise is great

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

Schaefer is gross. Oysters in beer is pretentious and also gross.

All breweries are so-so. The key to overcoming that is artificial scarcity and marketing. (E.g. Whoever makes that Vermont beer that tastes like pine cones that everyone pretends to like.)

Curiouser
Reaction Score

All breweries are so-so. The key to overcoming that is artificial scarcity and marketing. (E.g. Whoever makes that Vermont beer that tastes like pine cones that everyone pretends to like.)
Wearing this tee as I type...

heady_tee_FIGGED_101515.jpg

Reaction Score
I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for PBR. First beer I ever bought for myself, at Yankee Stadium when I was 17. Sox won.

First beer I ever bought myself...Michelob.....in the classic bottle....1980.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
First beer I ever bought myself...Michelob.....in the classic bottle....1980.
That's what we were drinking back then! When we could find an older brother to buy.

Reaction Score

Youre really good at basketball threads.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I think there's a place for both. Growing up a Mets fan, I'll always have a soft spot for Schaefer and Rheingold, but PBR is my usual go-to for that type of beer because it's what my buddy drinks and he's always got a cooler full of it (and he was drinking it long before it became a hipster thing).

OdYw1bt.jpg

Reaction Score
Question for you NEBCO guys. Heading there Saturday. Do they fill 64oz growlers and how crowded will It be?

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Question for you NEBCO guys. Heading there Saturday. Do they fill 64oz growlers and how crowded will It be?
Yes and it depends. The only time I've run into a long line was when they had Fuzzy Baby Ducks.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yes and it depends. The only time I've run into a long line was when they had Fuzzy Baby Ducks.
This. Or other special releases. Check their Twitter for the lineup.

Reaction Score
I don't know if any of you are into "dessert" beers or if this one's been mentioned (I'm not going through 66 pages of comments to check) but Shebeen's Cannoli Beer is worth a try. Rim the glass w/chocolate shavings. It comes in a 4-pack of cans, each 16 oz. for around $9.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Bourbon's not immune - honey bourbon - maple bourbon..lol. But I see your point.

Oh it's not immune, but those things are cheap crap for college girls to buy, like cupcake vodka. The expensive stuff in the whisky world is usually not bizarre, plus it isn't perishable.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Bourbon has jumped the shark just as hard as beer has. Coffee has as well - people are waiting for monkeys to poop out coffee beans these days.

I predict gin will be the next thing people will have to pretend to love. I'm getting an early start - it is not terrible.

HuskyHawk

Reaction Score
Bourbon has jumped the shark just as hard as beer has. Coffee has as well - people are waiting for monkeys to poop out coffee beans these days.

I predict gin will be the next thing people will have to pretend to love. I'm getting an early start - it is not terrible.

Ack. I hate gin. But barrel aged rums and tequilas are still pretty affordable compared to whiskey.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom