Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket | Page 4 | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket

Reaction Score
As out of topic side note. Haley Jones is now out at Stanford for unknown reasons

. Gonzaga up 29 to 18, 5 mins before half

Reaction Score
Down 3 starters. Take away 3 starters for literally any team in the country and see what you have.
the asterisk should note it is the Ducks 3 best players. If anything, this will help the Ducks later in the season as it will give their backup players experience before the PAC-12 and NCAA playoffs

Reaction Score
the asterisk should note it is the Ducks 3 best players. If anything, this will help the Ducks later in the season as it will give their backup players experience before the PAC-12 and NCAA playoffs
Also it could give SC bad read if there is a rematch.

Reaction Score
  1. Pretty pleased with the Ducks actually. Not only short three all Pac-12 starters but their three leading scorers. Good minutes for the depth against the best. Graves is all about March and getting ready for a deep tourney run. Today was another step with the minutes Kyei and Watson got. Handful with USF tomorrow though.

Reaction Score
Also it could give SC bad read if there is a rematch.
Dawn was experimenting with line-ups and playing backups for huge chunks of the game. Don't expect them to overlook Oregon if there is a rematch.

Reaction Score
  1. Pretty pleased with the Ducks actually. Not only short three all Pac-12 starters but their three leading scorers. Good minutes for the depth against the best. Graves is all about March and getting ready for a deep tourney run. Today was another step with the minutes Kyei and Watson got. Handful with USF tomorrow though.
I agree, and Pinto and Hurst are getting great experience and showing they will provide quality depth.

Reaction Score
Dawn was experimenting with line-ups and playing backups for huge chunks of the game. Don't expect them to overlook Oregon if there is a rematch.
Dawn is going to respect Oregon either way.

More about the players expecting one thing and getting another.

Reaction Score
SC has really moved the ball well in this tournament and the matchup with Oregon's size was pretty good prep for UConn's interior.

I'm hopeful that there will be more scoring than last season.

Decision making from guards plus Amihere emergence, plus Cardoso should be improvement.

On the other side, you can't leave Fudd.

Reaction Score
That was an odd game.

South Carolina lost composure trying to go one on one at the shot blockers and not getting back in transition.

UConn could not put them away and South Carolina dominated the boards and scoreboard from them on. Outscored UConn by 29 after falling behind by 13.

UConn put up a 3 pt 4th quarter two years after putting up a 2 pt 1st Q in this series.

Huskies didn't score the last 5 minutes. With the Stanford loss, I've seen enough to rank SCar #1 in the boneyard poll this week.

Last edited:

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
To me, UCONN played about as well as they can at present in the first quarter, and also played better team basketball overall in the first 3 quarters, but once SCar weathered that early storm it also seemed to me that they are (presently, anyway) the better team. A little too much one on one for me, but the talent is extraordinary.

I realize that both teams will improve as the season progresses, but I do wonder how UCONN can substantially lessen the current gap unless someone not named Paige really steps up. She's about as good as it gets, and I remember Diana T. hauling two UCONN teams to national championships despite (imo) not being the most talented teams around, but today's WBB is different and Dawn has constructed a team that will be very tough to beat.

Reaction Score
To me, UCONN played about as well as they can at present in the first quarter, and also played better team basketball overall in the first 3 quarters, but once SCar weathered that early storm it also seemed to me that they are (presently, anyway) the better team. A little too much one on one for me, but the talent is extraordinary.

I realize that both teams will improve as the season progresses, but I do wonder how UCONN can substantially lessen the current gap unless someone not named Paige really steps up. She's about as good as it gets, and I remember Diana T. hauling two UCONN teams to national championships despite (imo) not being the most talented teams around, but today's WBB is different and Dawn has constructed a team that will be very tough to beat.

I feel like that was SCar's worst team offense performance of the season as far as too much one on one play and it only got a little better as time went on. Hell, Amihere was still at it in the last minute.

I think if UConn could spread the floor a little more and rebound it could be very different.

But defense and rebounding is what SCar does so might be hard.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Saw a stat where SC rebounded 50% of their misses and 79% of UConn‘s. That’s ballgame to me. Too many extra possessions
I just heard a stat (on the Oregon-USF halftime show) that SC had 17 second-chance points compared to UConn's 2. That was essentially the MOV right there.

Reaction Score
Speaking of stats Oregon with 20 to’s in 3 q has led to USF launching 53 shots to Oregon’s 32. A differential of 21. Ouch. Not how you win games

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Speaking of stats Oregon with 20 to’d in 3 q has led to USF launching 53 shots to Oregon’s 32. A differential of 21. Ouch. Not how you win games

I'm going to have to revise my poll. USF probably needs to be ranked.

Plebe

Reaction Score
They just announced the all-tournament team.

Aliyah Boston, SC
Zia Cooke, SC
Paige Bueckers, UConn
Taylor Robertson, Oklahoma
Elena Tsineke, USF

Reaction Score
Why? For beating a depleted Oregon squad?
I think Arkansas was the one that was falling out rather than Duke but you've maybe changed my mind.

USF gave UConn all it could handle yesterday. I have no idea who should be at the end of the poll. My mid-majors have all lost a game or two except my man at FGC.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I think Arkansas was the one that was falling out rather than Duke but you've maybe changed my mind.

USF gave UConn all it could handle yesterday. I have no idea who should be at the end of the poll. My mid-majors have all lost a game or two except my man at FGC.
I actually had Duke in my preseason top 25, but their poor showing against a meh Alabama team yesterday combined with North Carolina's much stronger performance against a similar team has me thinking I might replace Duke with UNC.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
I actually had Duke in my preseason top 25, but their poor showing against a meh Alabama team yesterday combined with North Carolina's much stronger performance against a similar team has me thinking I might replace Duke with UNC.

doc.gif

Reaction Score
Oooo that’s going to
Sting

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom