Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Kelly Graves does not impress me at all as a hc, makes games way harder than they should be. Oklahoma deserved that one but it is what it is. Sc should have no problems beating Oregon.
No credit at all for taking Gonzaga from absolutely nothing to one of the best mid majors, and for rescuing Oregon from a dumpster fire and making them into one of the best teams in possibly the best conference?

Reaction Score
He's a good coach for what he did with Gonzaga, but certainly not a great coach. He was able to ride the coat tails of Ionescu in Eugene. I think the assistant who left for Sacramento State (Mark Campbell) will be missed in every department.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma was impressive. Not much size, but they are quick and shot well. Oregon hung in there. I don’t think they’ll beat South Carolina

Reaction Score
Kelly Graves does not impress me at all as a hc, makes games way harder than they should be. Oklahoma deserved that one but it is what it is. Sc should have no problems beating Oregon.
I am with you. I don't see why he could not play Rodgers with a broken arm and PaoPao with a knee injury. He sucked more when he was at Gonzaga.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
He's a good coach for what he did with Gonzaga, but certainly not a great coach. He was able to ride the coat tails of Ionescu in Eugene. I think the assistant who left for Sacramento State (Mark Campbell) will be missed in every department.
Why the boldface type? Does that make it more believable?

Frankly this makes as much sense as saying that Geno isn't really a great coach because all he did was ride the coattails of his All-American players. I don't know any coach who wins games without players to score points and play defense for them.

Btw do you remember what happened the last time UConn played Oklahoma? Actually quite similar to this game for Oregon -- trailed most of the second half and well into the 4th quarter before rallying to win. The major difference was that UConn wasn't missing any of its key players, and that Oklahoma team was nowhere near as good as this one is.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
How about this for a thought experiment? Take your team--well, pretty much any team (especially a relatively young one)--take away two starting guards, both of whom were all-conference last year, + a reserve guard who likely would have gotten more than a few minutes today, and ask yourself: how would they look/do? Oklahoma is a very well coached, senior-led team with a player who was lights out from 3 today. They could easily have won, maybe should have, but I think Graves et al. deserve some props for hanging in there and pulling this one out. Tomorrow will likely (surely?) be another story, but with Rogers and Paopao back (fingers crossed on the latter) by January, this team will be a tough out.

Reaction Score
Why the boldface type? Does that make it more believable?

Frankly this makes as much sense as saying that Geno isn't really a great coach because all he did was ride the coattails of his All-American players. I don't know any coach who wins games without players to score points and play defense for them.

Btw do you remember what happened the last time UConn played Oklahoma? Actually quite similar to this game for Oregon -- trailed most of the second half and well into the 4th quarter before rallying to win. The major difference was that UConn wasn't missing any of its key players, and that Oklahoma team was nowhere near as good as this one is.
I don't know why

Reaction Score
Some great games yesterday. Looking forward to listening/reading the live stat streams of the games today.

Reaction Score
Just watch USF vs UCONN. WCBB has parity-Geno just said so. Congrats to UCONN, very good performance. And impressed with USF.

Reaction Score
Can UConn get away with playing 4 guards vs Oregon or SC?

That was finally the solution for them today but for me I'm not sure Westbrook is necessary.

Course they weren't getting anything out of their bigs today and might on a different day.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
No Sabally for Oregon. The hits keep right on comin…
Gonna have to put an asterisk next to this one.

Looks like Amihere is the only South Carolina post player going off so far.

Reaction Score
Oregon is a large basketball team without Sabally et al.

44-26 South Carolina at the half.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Yeah, it's tough.
Not saying South Carolina couldn't beat Oregon at full strength.

Anyway everybody wants to see SC vs. UConn, so we'll get that match up.

Reaction Score
A single game or two game scenario?
Don't know. They dont have to give us fans the details but I wish coaches could give out injury status as a 1 thru 5. Five being out for the year. One being a precautionary move. These things drive fans nuts no matter who you follow. And sometimes Graves will answer "I don't know, I just leave it up to the trainers to when they come back" He knows all the details. But all fans have been there following their favorite teams. They finally addressed Paopao after it was the talk of social media for days. If I was a player I would tweet out. "Hey my knee is sore today but hope to be back soon" But that is me.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Not saying South Carolina couldn't beat Oregon at full strength.

Anyway everybody wants to see SC vs. UConn, so we'll get that match up.
I give the edge to the gamecocks over Huskies at this point. But this is why they play them.

Half the pac-12 is content with feasting on pre-season cupcakes. Those schools know who they are. Hats off to the schools here that wanted to participate. Many in their own conferences would have declined.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
The Paige Bueckers Zia Cooke rematch will be amazing.

Reaction Score
Kind of see today why Staley wasn't pleased with Rivers defensively. Also pretty tentative compared to yesterday. Bigger stage of course, better opponent.

Reaction Score
80-63 Final.

Pretty lopsided vs depleted Oregon.

South Carolina could be so good if they'd clean some things up.

Will be interesting to see if SC shortens rotation for UConn or continues working on building depth.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34

Top Bottom