Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket

Reaction Score
Sunday could be a showdown. SC better not overlook Oregon either.
Oregon is a walking triage unit today. Finished the game with 8 players. Sabally and Paopao could be back. Oregon has plenty to worry about taking on Oklahoma. If I was to guess, however, a tournament record of 2-1 (W-L-W for example ) would satisfy me.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Oregon is a walking triage unit today. Finished the game with 8 players. Sabally and Paopao could be back. Oregon has plenty to worry about taking on Oklahoma. If I was to guess, however, a tournament record of 2-1 (W-L-W for example ) would satisfy me.
is Oklahoma any good?

Reaction Score
is Oklahoma any good?
Middle of the pack Big12 I think but already have a fairly significant road win at South Dakota. New coach. Undersized to my eye. Massey has them at #40 with an 18% chance to win against Oregon. So, yeah, I’m guessing Graves and Staley are game planning a second round match up this week.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Atlantis tickets are not available to the general public, only resort guests. Besides UConn, I got a ticket for OU-Oregon and the game between the winners of OU-Oregon and So Carolina - Buffalo. Should be fun!

Reaction Score
Screen_Shot_2021_07_28_at_2.31.02_PM.png

Blakeon18

Dormie
Reaction Score
Final score

LadyVol 52
South Florida 49

LadyVol outscored them by 9 in the final quarter 14-5.
Sounds like it was a very ugly game.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Final score

LadyVol 52
South Florida 49

LadyVol outscored them by 9 in the final quarter 14-5.
Sounds like it was a very ugly game.
But USF has some flashy guard play. ELENA TSINEKE made a last second driving shot to tie the game with a masterful 360 around the world drive that Paige would have approved of (Bet she is watching knowing we might face them) . Ball just barely rimmed of the basket after circling the rim.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
But USF has some flashy guard play. ELENA TSINEKE made a last second driving shot to tie the game with a masterful 360 around the world drive that Paige would have approved of (Bet she is watching knowing we might face them) . Ball just barely rimmed of the basket after circling the rim.
We have season tickets for USF. They are a guard oriented offense. In addition to Tsineke, there is Pinzan and Harvey. Harvey can light it up if she is left to roam beyond the arc.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Expecting a really special game by Paige against MN. Hope we get USF and SC.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
We have season tickets for USF. They are a guard oriented offense. In addition to Tsineke, there is Pinzan and Harvey. Harvey can light it up if she is left to roam beyond the arc.
However, the USF bigs are brutal. I watched last nights game and was utterly disgusted by the lack of any touch under the boards for layups or put-backs by that team. The only real question is can Oregon give SC a decent effort with Sabally, Sedona and Pao-pao.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
However, the USF bigs are brutal. I watched last nights game and was utterly disgusted by the lack of any touch under the boards for layups or put-backs by that team. The only real question is can Oregon give SC a decent effort with Sabally, Sedona and Pao-pao.
Assuming, of course, that both Sabally and Paopao are healthy enough to take the court and close to 100%. (Likely, but not certain, it seems, in the case of the former; much more iffy for the latter.) If Paopao, especially, were past her recent injury and Rogers wasn't out with a broken hand/arm, then I think Oregon would be able to provide a good test for SC, but, depending upon the roster that's currently available (sans Rogers), that will be difficult at present.

Reaction Score
Some bad news for Duck fans and WBB fans in general who were looking forward to a competitive tournament. Ouch!
The only one I expected that might
Play was Sabally. I did not expect PaoPao at all or very limited

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Some bad news for Duck fans and WBB fans in general who were looking forward to a competitive tournament. Ouch!
That's a real shame. No Paopao, no Rogers, and Sabally is "questionable". Injuries suck.

Watch out for Oklahoma in 1st round. I believe they are better than most people expected. Their squad is experienced and Jennie Baranczyk is a great offensive coach.

Reaction Score
This is the second year in a row PaoPao has missed a lot of time with injuries, correct? She didn't even make the trip.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom