Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Battle 4 Atlantis Women’s Bracket

Reaction Score
This is the second year in a row PaoPao has missed a lot of time with injuries, correct? She didn't even make the trip.
Some never get untracked from injuries. She may never see a full season in college, who knows. It is a shame but not entirely unheard of that the body does not hold up without a break. She did play alot during the summer. Some can do this and others need that break.
When Rogers has her arm out of a cast it will take some pressure off of the guard spot. What timing with all of that. I tend to think with things like this the team will be stronger down the road. Scherr is definitely one of the most improved players this year.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
A pretty straight shooting analysis of the brackets

Reaction Score
This is the second year in a row PaoPao has missed a lot of time with injuries, correct? She didn't even make the trip.
I think it will be the norm for her. It reminds me of a couple of Oregon players in football that spent more time rehabbing for four years than playing. Endyia Rogers needs to get back in January. Then Chance Gray as the future. Paopao may always be iffy. Not her fault but sometimes it just happens that way.

Reaction Score
Paopao had serious injury (ACL)issues early in high school. First one knee one season then another the next missing most of both seasons. Healthy her junior and senior seasons and most of last year. Stayed healthy for USA U19 this summer and started all games. I hope for the best for this outstanding and positive person and that this knee issue is not chronic and persistent
Update: Paopao tweets she had a minor procedure done and missed the trip to get a start on rehab.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Expecting a really special game by Paige against MN. Hope we get USF and SC.

I kind of have a soft spot for USF. Lots of Euro players. Lots of outside shooting. And unlike many of the AAC teams that substituted physicality for a lack of talent Fernandez plays straight up. They never beat UConn but they were among the best mid-majors when the AAC wasn't allowed to be a mid-major. Like no one in the BE is eligible for mid-major recognition since UConn came in the conference.
Anyhow, I'd much rather kick Syracuse's butt again. No sentiment there.

Reaction Score
This is a tournament with quality teams and I wonder how the attendance would be if it was held in Orlando, Las Vegas or other town with lots of tourist activities. Additionally should it be held on Thanksgiving weekend?
You’re assuming that those areas would want to host a wcbb tournament and that teams would want to go.

Reaction Score
PaoPao tweeted this:

i stayed back to get a minor procedure done & to get ahead of the recovery process. this will allow me to be healthier & stronger in preparation for pac12 play.

So I can take it positive that sometimes with past knee injuries there is remaining scar tissue that can be removed with a minor procedure. Just a thought on my part but could be better news than what some may think for a much better recovery. Fingers crossed.

Reaction Score
Looking forward to the games tomorrow! No football. Just basketball. Love it!

Reaction Score
She missed the last game of the regular season and all of the post season last year. She still was named all conference by the coaches.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
USF is losing to Syracuse midway through the 2nd quarter 22-18

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
USF is losing to Syracuse midway through the 2nd quarter 22-18
USF ahead of Syracuse 33-26 at half. Syracuse trys to break down defense 1-1. Once you see it a few times, they stall. USF not looking like a top 25 to me.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
You’re assuming that those areas would want to host a wcbb tournament and that teams would want to go.
Orlando would. ESPN has a sports complex near Disney World where the games could be played.

Reaction Score
Orlando would. ESPN has a sports complex near Disney World where the games could be played.
Ok but Just because they have an arena doesn’t mean it would be financially successful to have a game. I bet Disney is already quite busy during tGiving week — they might not need to entice more people to come.
And while the weather in central FL is very nice it doesn’t have the same lure as the beach in Bahamas.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Ok but Just because they have an arena doesn’t mean it would be financially successful to have a game. I bet Disney is already quite busy during tGiving week — they might not need to entice more people to come.
And while the weather in central FL is very nice it doesn’t have the same lure as the beach in Bahamas.
But it does have Disney World, Sea World, Universal and is cheaper to fly to and stay at.

Reaction Score
But it does have Disney World, Sea World, Universal and is cheaper to fly to and stay at.
The teams are not going to spend a tiring day at Disney World, and given the average age of the fan base, not a lot of fans are either.

Reaction Score
Connecticut beat Minnesota 88-58, and South Florida beat Syracuse 77-53. Those two teams will face each other in the semifinals.....

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Looks like Oregon will hold off a gutty Oklahoma team. There is no way Sherri Coale could have made this that close a game. Great job by Jenni Baranczek with this team this season, great hire by the AD and clearing that gawd awful $1 mil salary.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Ducks with 38 point 4th quarter pull out the win. Nearly certainly not very close tomorrow without Paopao and Rogers, their All Pac 12 guards. Set up a third place game with USF. Good enough for me. Only one team will come out 3-0 so 2-1 if they can do it against USF will be a good tourney. My read anyway.

Reaction Score
Looks like Oregon will hold off a gutty Oklahoma team. There is now way Sherri Coale could have made this that close a game. Great job by Jenni Baranczek with this team this season, great hire by the AD and clearing that gawd awful $1 mil salary.
Looks like grind it out play for Oregon will pay off down the road with their best player and second best PG out. Also Bigby being out. Just shows you that Maddie Scherr as backup guard could start for some teams. Gutty win by Oregon and great experience for the backups!

Reaction Score
Ducks with 38 point 4th quarter pull out the win. Nearly certainly not very close tomorrow without Paopao and Rogers, their All Pac 12 guards. Set up a third place game with USF. Good enough for me. Only one team will come out 3-0 so 2-1 if they can do it against USF will be a good tourney. My read anyway.
Agree with your expectations , being short handed anything thing else will be what they call gravy time. Oklahoma would be an upper half Pac-12 team, no doubt.

Reaction Score
I’m flying out to Oregon tomorrow and will miss the game. But I’ll be looking forward to the premium matchup of UConn-SC on Monday

Reaction Score
Kelly Graves does not impress me at all as a hc, makes games way harder than they should be. Oklahoma deserved that one but it is what it is. Sc should have no problems beating Oregon.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom