B1G | Page 58 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You didn't burst any balloons. That's where we stand right now. We penetrate New York City, upstate New York and New England. That's a huge market.

Reaction Score
You didn't burst any balloons. That's where we stand right now. We penetrate New York City, upstate New York and New England. That's a huge market.

When I think from both a business and logic side of my brain, I agree with you and would even add UConn's business plan to your thinking. It is just that I am waiting for the smoke and am tired of looking for it.

Reaction Score
Here's the best way I can put it:

Elite land grand institution - check.
Borders a state - We'd fit anyway.
Football program - good but needs perception changes.
Men's basketball - check.
Women's basketball - check.
Men's soccer - check.
Baseball - check.
Hockey - check.

That's how close we are to a B1G invite.

What about endowment, Aau, research and on campus stadium or 50k stadium?

Reaction Score
Football team needs more than just perception changes.

UConn isn't what the B1G is looking for. We don't address their glaring weakness.

Reaction Score
They don't have as many options as people would like to think they do. No SEC team is leaving for the B1G. The B1G is actually strong enough to take us in.

Reaction Score
What I meant is that we are missing on those items for b1g invite.
I am well aware of that. Top 25 public institution with growing research and faculty should work. We still are appealing to the B1G.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Men's soccer - check.
Baseball - check.
Hockey - check.

AAU membership ____
Contiguous State ____

We love to write those off, but I suspect that they are issues when a pitch is made to the presidents. Add to that endowment size and stadium size and you certainly can make a case against us. I think we are under consideration by the B1G, probably more seriously than fans of other programs suspect, but personally, I wouldn't use the word "close." I'd be glad to wrong on this, though.

Reaction Score
The contiguous state thing doesn't matter according to Frank the Tank. Take that for what it is worth.

I think the B1G is trying to shift it's center of gravity slightly southwards in order to address the perception that it is a conference for fat, vitamin d deprived upper Midwesterners.

UConn doesn't do much for that in that regard.

I think we have a good bit to offer, but it may not be what they think they need. Needs can change of course.

Reaction Score
You've heard it from a Minnesota/Iowa alum. From the farthest west states in the conference. Some don't really care. They really like what we have to offer.

You can sit there and live in skepticism all you want. I am not going to validate myself. It's as real as it can be. We are on their minds.

Reaction Score
The contiguous state thing doesn't matter according to Frank the Tank. Take that for what it is worth.

I think the B1G is trying to shift it's center of gravity slightly southwards in order to address the perception that it is a conference for fat, vitamin d deprived upper Midwesterners.

UConn doesn't do much for that in that regard.

I think we have a good bit to offer, but it may not be what they think they need. Needs can change of course.

I read that CT is the healthiest state in the nation. Check.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
You've heard it from a Minnesota/Iowa alum. From the farthest west states in the conference. Some don't really care. They really like what we have to offer.

You can sit there and live in skepticism all you want. I am not going to validate myself. It's as real as it can be. We are on their minds.
I agree Butch. We are on their minds and we are a realistic option. I suspect that we're a few down on their wish list. I do think that the methodical way that the B1G looks at expansion is a plus for us. If you take the time to drill down a bit, we're an attractive candidate. We'll see.

Reaction Score
AAU membership ____
Contiguous State ____

We love to write those off, but I suspect that they are issues when a pitch is made to the presidents. Add to that endowment size and stadium size and you certainly can make a case against us. I think we are under consideration by the B1G, probably more seriously than fans of other programs suspect, but personally, I wouldn't use the word "close." I'd be glad to wrong on this, though.
Well, if you're using that criteria, FSU fails both criteria, and GT and UNC both fail the contiguous state requirement. BC fails both, SU fails the AAU part, somewhat embarrassingly.

Reaction Score

Men's soccer - check.
Baseball - check.
Hockey - check.

if those mattered, we'd be in.

Reaction Score
I love your optimism, but have any recruits been told by PP, KO or GA that they will be playing in the BIG, ACC or Big 12? If I recall correctly, that was the first sign that Rutgers had an invite coming. At the time, I knew Rutgers was considered the New York City market, but I thought it was ridiculous they would be saved and we would be twisting. Right now I don't see light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry to burst any balloons.
thanks for stopping by Mr. Sunshine...

Reaction Score
I agree Butch. We are on their minds and we are a realistic option. I suspect that we're a few down on their wish list. I do think that the methodical way that the B1G looks at expansion is a plus for us. If you take the time to drill down a bit, we're an attractive candidate. We'll see.
I would agree that we're probably on the radar screen, but there are surely at least a few ahead of us, if they even decide to expand at all. Of course, nothing will happen until the MD lawsuit is decided and settled. As for who is on the list in front of us, who knows. I don't buy into the theories about them having stone cold requirements for admission such as AAU and contiguous state. ND is not an AAU member, you think they wouldn't get into the B1G if Swarbick called Delaney and said they wanted to join in full?

Reaction Score
I love your optimism, but have any recruits been told by PP, KO or GA that they will be playing in the BIG, ACC or Big 12? If I recall correctly, that was the first sign that Rutgers had an invite coming. At the time, I knew Rutgers was considered the New York City market, but I thought it was ridiculous they would be saved and we would be twisting. Right now I don't see light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry to burst any balloons.
Do you know that recruits haven't been told that we'll be playing in the B1G, ACC, or B12?

Reaction Score
Uconn is the second least obese state in this fat @ss country known as the US. Colorado is a notch better - I'm sure some of that has to do with household income. On the flip side, if you want to talk about fattest conference, look no further than the SEC, by a landslide. I've also seen a recent ranking on happiest states and generally speaking, the South monopolizes the bottom half of that ranking. Formula - the fat , miserable and unsophisticated love themselves some huntin', NASCAR and college football.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Uconn is the second least obese state in this fat @ss country known as the US. Colorado is a notch better - I'm sure some of that has to do with household income. On the flip side, if you want to talk about fattest conference, look no further than the SEC, by a landslide. I've also seen a recent ranking on happiest states and generally speaking, the South monopolizes the bottom half of that ranking. Formula - the fat , miserable and unsophisticated love themselves some huntin', NASCAR and college football.
As long as we're throwing out stereotypes...frying meat products that are not chicken as if they were chicken.

Reaction Score

Check out the video below shot in 1990, at 3:30 minutes. Something has happened in the last 20 years, some engineering of the food we eat, because I guarantee you that you will never ever find that many skinny people sitting in one section at a Patriots game now. I go to NFL football games, and it's like we are another species now.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
As long as we're throwing out stereotypes...frying meat products that are not chicken as if they were chicken.
And... states where marrying your first cousin is legal. "Traditional marriage", indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom