B1G | Page 57 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The immigration argument isn't really unsupported. Immigrant population has exploded in NC in the past 10 years. What that means to realignment I have no idea but it is a real phenomenon not just a figment of upstaters imagination

http://www.migrationinformation.org/datahub/state.cfm?ID=NC
All good data, but nothing here debunks the fact that after you strip out immigration, the state still has killer positive population trends. As I pointed out earlier, well above CT.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
The biggest issue the ACC faces is they have four schools in one TV market. While it is a big TV market ESPN only wants to pay for it once. The reality is the cable subscriber penetration would be the same if there was only UNC in North Carolina. This same issue effects the B1G which is why they will not add a second school from a state. It is also why the SEC doesn't want FSU or Clemson.

Unless the ACC come up with a method of capturing value from all of the NC schools they are fighting with one arm behind their back.
Drop Wake Forest and add UConn. Boom!

Reaction Score
UConn & UVA up next? This just posted by M H V E R 3:

MHver3‏ @ MHver3
FSU has been told by BiG10 that they will not be expanding " in their direction".

MHver3‏ @ MHver3
Unknown if that meant geographically or academically
MHver3‏ @ MHver3
Md deal with travel subsidies is structured to be altered with nearby additions.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
UConn & UVA up next? This just posted by M H V E R 3:

‏ @
FSU has been told by BiG10 that they will not be expanding " in their direction".

‏ @
Unknown if that meant geographically or academically
‏ @
Md deal with travel subsidies is structured to be altered with nearby additions.

I really hate it when they tell me what I want to hear and ashamedly love it, too.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Is this what some of you are arguing about? For the record, my parents are immigrants.

Reaction Score
UConn B1G ;)

image.jpg

Reaction Score
Adding UVA may allow for a rotating Bball tourney, Chicago, New York and DC. Of course I'd like us to be an anchor for NYC along with our friends in NJ.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
If by some miracle we end up in the b1g everyone here has to kiss the rings of Susan, Warde and HFD.

Before there was an HFD, there was Nostical. I won't kiss him either but I would proud to treat him to dinner.

Reaction Score
When college hockey season comes next season, we'll become even more desirable to the B1G.

Reaction Score
It's not the size of your hockey conference, it's how you use it.
Knowing the B1G, they'll want it bigger anyway. We are a logical choice for the B1G and they know it. They are discussing it amongst themselves.

They have storied hockey programs. Developing in-conference play will not be an easy task for the B1G. They are very limited in expansion options. If alignment was solely based on hockey, we'd be an automatic invite.

Reaction Score
Here's the best way I can put it:

Elite land grand institution - check.
Borders a state - We'd fit anyway.
Football program - good but needs perception changes.
Men's basketball - check.
Women's basketball - check.
Men's soccer - check.
Baseball - check.
Hockey - check.

That's how close we are to a B1G invite.

Reaction Score
Here's the best way I can put it:

Elite land grand institution - check.
Borders a state - We'd fit anyway.
Good football program - good but needs perception changes.
Men's basketball - check.
Women's basketball - check.
Men's soccer - check.
Baseball - check.
Hockey - check.

That's how close we are to a B1G invite.

I love your optimism, but have any recruits been told by PP, KO or GA that they will be playing in the BIG, ACC or Big 12? If I recall correctly, that was the first sign that Rutgers had an invite coming. At the time, I knew Rutgers was considered the New York City market, but I thought it was ridiculous they would be saved and we would be twisting. Right now I don't see light at the end of the tunnel. Sorry to burst any balloons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom