B1G | Page 30 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
fsu bot 2moro is supose to be about a ast fball coach. are they running out of excuses down there? holy **** lol what a bad way to trick ppl. haha. they are going to finish the meeting by inviting the media in. the pres of fsu will pick a hat from the 3 out on the table. left to right it will be sec, b12 and b10. lol

Seriously? Do you have a link, HFD? I would love to see the BOT reasoning on why they would meet to discuss an assistant coach (outside of any real f#$$ed up off-the-field type stuff)...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Seriously? Do you have a link, HFD? I would love to see the BOT reasoning on why they would meet to discuss an assistant coach (outside of any real f#$$ed up off-the-field type stuff)...

there is a new law in florida which changed the hire/fire game for colleges with coaches. its something the ad's at florida schools have to cover and get implememted i think. it shouldnt be something that a bot meeting needs to talk about but they claim that it will be one of the topics. i think its bs...

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Step away from the cliff's edge.

Get off the bridge.

Put down the scissors.

Put away the rope.

@TuxedoYoda: My source in the Tx Ath Dep says the B1G's next realignment move is expected to go down next week. ACC will soon be a mess like the BigEast.

Even if yoda's "source" is full of sh$t, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize realignment is far from over.

Reaction Score
Say Yoda has a legit source this could mean HFD theory could be correct.

IF Texas knows the B1G will make a move next week then its possible the b12 and B1G have been on the phone discussing plans and possibly making moves that coincide the end game of both conferences without stepping on each other's toes.

This whole situation is a wait and see and there are not many who really have any legit sources regarding realignment. Its too risky for schools to allow potential expansion news to leak.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Until everything is over and done with not one soul has any idea what actually went on or didnt go on behind the scenes. Not much has been said from UConn except for filler and empty statements. They are releasing statements that say absolutely nothing. Being a top school in the BE and having 2 HOF coaches and all the money spent on football and now bball.... I think it is somewhat naive to believe that SH and WM are clueless and are not doing what is best for the school and sports programs moving forward.

For all we know they turned down the ACC and they are waiting patiently for the entire ACC/MD situation to unfold before the B1G makes their next move. With the Catholic schools leaving this whole process will probably be expedited.

Until it is all said and done and realignment is over that is when everything that went on behind the scenes will come out and everyone will understand UConn's thought process and decision making and why certain things happened.
Golly you're right. For all we know, we might secretly be in the Big 10 right now. Why, for all know, we might secretly be planning a 100 seat stadium on campus, with a super secret high speed train line from Fairfield County. Sure it sure looks like we got our asses handed to us in the last round of realignment, but really it might be that we were the double secret super spectacular winners!!!!!!

Magical thinking is for three year olds. Here in the real world, people are evaluated on the results they actually produce, not the fantasies that some imagine could be possible.

Reaction Score
Golly you're right. For all we know, we might secretly be in the Big 10 right now. Why, for all know, we might secretly be planning a 100 seat stadium on campus, with a super secret high speed train line from Fairfield County. Sure it sure looks like we got our asses handed to us in the last round of realignment, but really it might be that we were the double secret super spectacular winners!!!!!!

Magical thinking is for three year olds. Here in the real world, people are evaluated on the results they actually produce, not the fantasies that some imagine could be possible.

I am assuming you don't do business negotiations or familiar with how multimillion dollar business deals happen.

You dont leak pertinent information to anyone. You keep everythign close to the vest until there is nothing that can nullify what you may be trying to accomplish. This isnt a flea market where you barter, wheel and deal for the whole world to see.

There are ethics involved and a lot more complicated discussions that are involved than what most on this board believes happens. Imagine if UConn has been in discussion with the B1G and they went yelling about it from the mountain tops.... I am sure Delaney would love that and welcome them with open arms, incorrect. That would be a sign UConn is immature and cannot be trusted. You also never make yourself look desperate because that shows weakness and you lose leverage.

Someone, not sure if it was you or even this thread, mentioned something like UConn is that drunk girl at 2 am in the bar looking to get picked up. Another way to look at it is that UConn is that girl in the bar who doesn't jump at the first person that pays them attention but rather surveys the room for their target and passes on everyone else until it is time to go for the kill. They know they bring enough to the table that they can afford to wait for the best situation even if they may have to wait a little longer.

CAHUSKY

UConn Class of 2013
Reaction Score
I . You also never make yourself look desperate because that shows weakness and you lose leverage l.

Just wondering, since you are a skilled negotiator of multi-million dollar deals, what leverage you think Uconn has exactly. We are weak and desperate.

WestHartHusk

$3M a Year With March Off
Reaction Score
Just wondering, since you are a skilled negotiator of multi-million dollar deals, what leverage you think Uconn has exactly. We are weak and desperate.

Sometimes you just gotta walk. Let's start boarding this thing up and find out if anyone thinks we have value. If not at least we'd be half-way done with the dismantling that began 9 years ago.

caw

Reaction Score

It doesn't have a ton of leverage. It does have the possibility of other schools not wanting to join the Big Ten, or if they do opening spots in the ACC.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i say we throw a huge loop in everyones day. call up the sec and ask for a bball only membership. then see what happens

pj

Reaction Score
Why, for all know, we might secretly be planning a 100 seat stadium on campus

Does it have surround sound, motion seats, and a snack bar with chocolate covered raisins?

CL82

Reaction Score
Does it have surround sound, motion seats, and a snack bar with chocolate covered raisins?
Sure why not?

CL82

Reaction Score
I am assuming you don't do business negotiations or familiar with how multimillion dollar business deals happen.

Your assumption is wrong. In any event, the absence of information isn't proof that what you hope is happening has in fact occurred. That's just wishful thinking.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Step away from the cliff's edge.

Get off the bridge.

Put down the scissors.

Put away the rope.

@TuxedoYoda: My source in the Tx Ath Dep says the B1G's next realignment move is expected to go down next week. ACC will soon be a mess like the BigEast.

Even if yoda's "source" is full of sh$t, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize realignment is far from over.
How about poison, fire and drowning or someone creating a post that we were accepted to the B!G and it turns out to be whatever. That would finish most of us!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
So how do your tastes differ?

What are the Ideals, Vaues, Beliefs and Ethics of a Connecticut Husky? What makes all of you tick?

we like to entertain trolls for starters.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
I enjoy entertaining trolls as well. Seems as though we share some common ground?

well common ground would mean we are a good fit for the B1G so based on your mission to come here you have to go another route. can i ask u a question?

Reaction Score
Im thinking UVA and Cuse - U conn will start a new conf with the other folks
UConn has a bigger audience, better basketball programs (3 men's, 7 women's titles), and, knowing B1G fans are crazy about all-time records, we are 6-3 all-time vs Syracuse football. I am thinking UVA and UConn.

Reaction Score
MHver3@MHver3
Hearing that UVA to BiG is reaching critical mass and at this point it would take something huge to derail it

Reaction Score
I feel like u conn is lacking the fanbase - there just isnt excitement around the team like there is with cuse or rutgers. The current FB coach (coach P) is simply horrid. From the B1G standpoint, the school is at the bottom of our short list.
Go look at the number of posts here for football and compare them to men's and women's basketball, which have national fanbases. We have a better upside than Syracuse at this point in time. Easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom