B1G | Page 29 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If anything, this would bring a smile to Delany's face. UConn being the trigger for upheaval in the ACC could land the B1G a couple of prime Mid-Atlantic properties. The more heat on the ACC, the better for the B1G. Unless of course the ACC sticks together for some bizarre reason.

I still say the B12 is very vulnerable. There are just as many dregs in that conference as in the ACC, and the Pac10 has its eye on the prime properties.

Because otherwise, they are looking at Boise St.
Adding UConn doesn't trigger anything for the mid-atlantic properties. Remember Duke, UVa. UNC where on UConn's side last month. Every ACC President knows FSU is a phone call away from leaving the conference anyway.

Reaction Score
Adding UConn doesn't trigger anything for the mid-atlantic properties. Remember Duke, UVa. UNC where on UConn's side last month. Every ACC President knows FSU is a phone call away from leaving the conference anyway.

The thought of losing a ton of money when FSU and Clemson depart versus gaining a ton of money from the B1G should sharpen those dull mid-atlantic minds.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
guys the minute the acc adds 2 schools, they can get a gor by vote. so the southern schools wouldnt go anywhere in the shortterm. thats why its now of never for the b10, sec and b12 otherwise espn is going to strong arm the situation and make the acc the 1st to 16 and 1 of the have's.

Reaction Score
Two questions for the board:

1) Is BTN currently available in Boston, and if so is it part of basic/expanded basic?
2) Is BTN currently available in CT, and if so is it part of basic/expanded basic?

TIA

Reaction Score

1) Is BTN currently available in Boston, and if so is it part of basic/expanded basic?
2) Is BTN currently available in CT, and if so is it part of basic/expanded basic?

TIA

It varies based on the cable operator. On average, there is roughly 20% coverage of the BTN outside of its footprint (that is to say that roughly 1 out of every 5 cable subscribers has it on their package). Some operators have it on their basic/expanded basic package. Some don't.

Among that 20% that have it, the BTN averages 10 cents per subscriber. Within Big Ten states/markets, it is roughly 80-85% coverage at an average of 85 cents.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
I know it's crazy but I still believe UConn gets an invite to the B!G and gets into the BIG before Maryland. And HFD will become a Boneyard legend!!!

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
false, its over fleudslipcon. fishy and crew syas so. enjoy your dinner 2night. it may be your last one.

Reaction Score
I know it's crazy but I still believe UConn gets an invite to the B!G and gets into the BIG before Maryland. And HFD will become a Boneyard legend!!!

I'm rooting for this. Not because i think it is going to happen, I sure hope it is though, but because I just really want to see what HFD is like if/when a B1G invite is extended. Just make sure you stop in Hartford on your blackout tour I'm pretty sure I promised you free beer for a night like 2 months ago already.

caw

Reaction Score
Someone lock up the thread, UConn is dooooooooommmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeedddddddddddd!

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

TIA
BTN is available on Comcast in Middltown as a HD Sports package add on.

Reaction Score
OK, my understanding from others is it is an add on in CT, but part of basic/expanded basic in Boston. Anyone in Boston to clarify?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
false, its over fleudslipcon. fishy and crew syas so. enjoy your dinner 2night. it may be your last one.
It doesn't look good by any stretch of the imagination, so I'm not going to argue with those who say we are duck*ed. Cause it sure looks that way. But I believe Delaney is pushing Va to the B!G and he is going to put pressure on them and confusion into the ACC by taking UConn. UConn is a pawn but not a bad pawn. Together with Rutgers the coverage is decent in the NY metro area. The addition of UConn by the B!G will bring uncertainty to the ACC because they were convinced UConn would always be on the table. This creates internal bickering and Va has to be concerned that one of the other rumored schools jumps to the B!G for the final spot. With only one more spot Va could flinch. In the mean time while MD is fighting a lawsuit UConn, with no conference, is in the B!G next year with Ruty.

Reaction Score
OK, my understanding from others is it is an add on in CT, but part of basic/expanded basic in Boston. Anyone in Boston to clarify?

I already answered this question on the previous page. Your question cannot be answered that broadly. It completely depends on each specific cable provider. Some providers might have it on expanded basic in Boston. Others might have it as part of a sports tier. There is no one answer to your question. It's up to each provider to negotiate with the Big Ten.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
lets revist that rumor a while back that nd and uconn were going to play a game in fenway in 2014. nd had joined the acc and had 4 acc games not 5 so far scheduled at that point to hit its quota. now fast forward and lville goes to the acc instead of uconn. remember all the espn stuff but the acc thought uconn was in the bag when the b10 acted and planned uconn-nd as its 5th game. now thats not possible any more as a acc game...get my drift...

Reaction Score
What I dont get is the people who have come to the conclusion that UConn is doomed and is a mid major now. Do any of these people watch sports or play attention to sports? Silence is golden and usually is a sign of something good. If someone is pumping hte media and trying to get attention and pimp themselves out then they are worried and need the extra attention to make them look more attractive.

Did anyone hear anything about the Angels being interested in signing Josh Hamilton before today? Nope but I bet everyone thinks they just started talking last night, right?

Or when Mark Tbag signed with the Yankees... The Yankees were never mentioned as suitors until a couple days before he decided to sign.

Point is most of the time decisions that are made come out of the blue (based on public perception) but truth is those decisions have been in the works for some time and since they are so serious they are kept under wraps to prevent something from ruining the plans.

I don't think UConn is in a situation that they must make a rash decision immediately. They are in a pretty good place right now, even though most fans think otherwise, and will find a home when everything comes to an end. Whether thats in the B1G, ACC, or B12

Reaction Score
Exactly what "decisions" do you think UConn has in front of it right now that are attractive?

I don't think UConn is in a situation that they must make a rash decision immediately. They are in a pretty good place right now, even though most fans think otherwise, and will find a home when everything comes to an end. Whether thats in the B1G, ACC, or B12

Reaction Score
Exactly what "decisions" do you think UConn has in front of it right now that are attractive?
according to Warde the choices are win big east championships, or win national championships, or lose in the big east. This is where we are until the next round. There are no decisions to be made; you are absolutely correct.

Reaction Score
What I dont get is the people who have come to the conclusion that UConn is doomed and is a mid major now. Do any of these people watch sports or play attention to sports? Silence is golden and usually is a sign of something good. If someone is pumping hte media and trying to get attention and pimp themselves out then they are worried and need the extra attention to make them look more attractive.

Did anyone hear anything about the Angels being interested in signing Josh Hamilton before today? Nope but I bet everyone thinks they just started talking last night, right?

Or when Mark Tbag signed with the Yankees... The Yankees were never mentioned as suitors until a couple days before he decided to sign.

Point is most of the time decisions that are made come out of the blue (based on public perception) but truth is those decisions have been in the works for some time and since they are so serious they are kept under wraps to prevent something from ruining the plans.

Louisville would beg to differ, though.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
what does this mean? Didn't the ACC just band together in a formal alliance.

Yes, every member said "cross my heart and hope to die". Wake, Duke and BC didn't even have their fingers crossed behind their backs.

Reaction Score
I see B1G in our future. As in B1G Trouble. That's my cornball moment of the night.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Exactly I remember the time that Louisville was all talking and such and UConn was all cool and then like UConn got into the ACC and Louisville was on the outside looking in and its sucktacular league bailed on it and left it in complete shitsville. Except that wasn't what happened.

Sometimes silence isn't tactical, sometimes it is incompetance.

pj

Reaction Score
couldn't be more wrong... That's actually spoken like you are not even from New England.

Southern New England is CT and RI. MA never ever refers to itself as Southern New England. As I've stated in other posts, MA usually refers to itself as simply New England (very annoying)...

Raised in Connecticut, have lived in Boston for 24 years. Can't believe I'm responding to this, but:

1) Delany who said "southern NE" is not from Boston, he's from New Jersey and North Carolina. So we want to know what someone from the mid-Atlantic thinks "southern New England" is.
2) It's a fairly standard term in maps. Here's what the US Geological Survey says is southern NE:
http://pubs.usgs.gov/of/2004/1258/HTML/S_NE_mag_indexmap_table.htm
S_NE_mag_index_70dpi_opt.jpg

Here's what an MIT Urban Studies professor says southern NE is: http://web.mit.edu/11.520/www/lectures/lecture2.html

I could go on, but you can use Google yourself. Nowhere will you find a map of "southern New England" that excludes Massachusetts.

Reaction Score
Exactly I remember the time that Louisville was all talking **** and such and UConn was all cool and then like UConn got into the ACC and Louisville was on the outside looking in and its sucktacular league bailed on it and left it in complete ****sville. Except that wasn't what happened.

Sometimes silence isn't tactical, sometimes it is incompetance.

Until everything is over and done with not one soul has any idea what actually went on or didnt go on behind the scenes. Not much has been said from UConn except for filler and empty statements. They are releasing statements that say absolutely nothing. Being a top school in the BE and having 2 HOF coaches and all the money spent on football and now bball.... I think it is somewhat naive to believe that SH and WM are clueless and are not doing what is best for the school and sports programs moving forward.

For all we know they turned down the ACC and they are waiting patiently for the entire ACC/MD situation to unfold before the B1G makes their next move. With the Catholic schools leaving this whole process will probably be expedited.

Until it is all said and done and realignment is over that is when everything that went on behind the scenes will come out and everyone will understand UConn's thought process and decision making and why certain things happened.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
fsu bot 2moro is supose to be about a ast fball coach. are they running out of excuses down there? holy lol what a bad way to trick ppl. haha. they are going to finish the meeting by inviting the media in. the pres of fsu will pick a hat from the 3 out on the table. left to right it will be sec, b12 and b10. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom