B1G | Page 27 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
any 1 have thoughts on the b10 plan to blackout ruty and md games liekm they did in neb until the local cable systems get the b10N? this is what we could asume they were going to do, but i fear that this may have been what delany might have ment when he said northern va and southern ne. am i going to the ledge on this or is this really a shot to the heart? its hard to tell right now. i mean is cable vision going to get the b10N becuase of ruty or do they need more say uconn to get enough support and $ to do it? same in the dc area with md and possibly uva? its hard to tell whats going on with this.

either the b10 is
a-going for it with just md and ruty and going to see if they can pull it off
b-going to double down with uv and uconn to pull it off
c-its going to explode in there face

its got me a bit worried right now hich path they are on as 2 or the 3 are not in our favor.

.... I don't see how Rutgers could have anything to do with Southern New England tho.

Reaction Score
exactly^ by bad thoughts in me think JD could try to take nyc without us by blacking out ruty games until cable providers add the b10n stock. thats what has me worried in which case some 1 like bc could pass us for that #16 slot. but, atleast we are in a good position still to contend for that slot. we shall see...
A true captain would never reveal his fears. There is a mutiny arising on the USS Connecitcut.

H

Huskieforlife

exactly^ by bad thoughts in me think JD could try to take nyc without us by blacking out ruty games until cable providers add the b10n stock. thats what has me worried in which case some 1 like bc could pass us for that #16 slot. but, atleast we are in a good position still to contend for that slot. we shall see...
Stay positive! your one of the only people on this bored with crazy theory's that are actually worth reading! plus somehow your enthusiasm helps keep my hopes up.

Reaction Score
If UNC fans have their way and aim for the SEC, we are in a very good position.

pj

Reaction Score
any 1 have thoughts on the b10 plan to blackout ruty and md games liekm they did in neb until the local cable systems get the b10N? this is what we could asume they were going to do, but i fear that this may have been what delany might have ment when he said northern va and southern ne. am i going to the ledge on this or is this really a shot to the heart? its hard to tell right now. i mean is cable vision going to get the b10N becuase of ruty or do they need more say uconn to get enough support and $ to do it? same in the dc area with md and possibly uva? its hard to tell whats going on with this.

either the b10 is
a-going for it with just md and ruty and going to see if they can pull it off
b-going to double down with uv and uconn to pull it off
c-its going to explode in there face

its got me a bit worried right now hich path they are on as 2 or the 3 are not in our favor.

Dan, I had the same thought. On the one hand, if NJ and Md cable companies say we don't need to show Md and Rutgers games, go away, then the B1G could be discouraged from further expansion in the northeast, as it would be dilutive. But if it succeeds in NJ and Md, they'll want to expand to CT and Va with hopes of capturing NYC between NJ and CT, especially if they ask for UConn to play one game a year in NYC.

I don't think (b) is a possibility, if it isn't working in NJ and Md then they're not likely to double down on more.

The wild card is if bringing in somebody else enables them to bring in ND. That would make it worth their while.

Reaction Score
Dan, I had the same thought. On the one hand, if NJ and Md cable companies say we don't need to show Md and Rutgers games, go away, then the B1G could be discouraged from further expansion in the northeast, as it would be dilutive. But if it succeeds in NJ and Md, they'll want to expand to CT and Va with hopes of capturing NYC between NJ and CT, especially if they ask for UConn to play one game a year in NYC.

I don't think (b) is a possibility, if it isn't working in NJ and Md then they're not likely to double down on more.

The wild card is if bringing in somebody else enables them to bring in ND. That would make it worth their while.

If this were true, they wouldn't have invited Rutgers and Maryland.

Why? Because the BTN hasn't succeeded in penetrating Eastern Pa. which is a PSU stronghold. They charge pennies on the dollar there.

Clearly, Fox/BTN are confident that this will all change very soon.

Reaction Score
i'm reading it the exact opposite of that theory.

the big ten bus model isn't just a hypothetical. we have actual data that illustrates how it makes money.

it makes a fair amount of money being paid 10¢ for a lot of subscribers. it makes some money advertising. but it makes most of its money by being paid a lot of money for foitprint subscribers. that rste is approx 80¢.

it will try to get parts of nj as footprint subs.

83.JPG

for nyc if it goes with rutgers alone, the big 10 will be laughed out of the building. they said no to the yankees and the nfl. however, if they pair rutgers with uconn, they may be able to leverage something higher than nat'l subs, but less than a footprint state. uconn's inventory is vastly superior to rutgers. bb, girls bb, fb, hockey, coach's shows.

in a nutshell, would delany have looked at uconn in a decision to expand with uconn alone? no. but by the same token, neither would he have expanded with just rutgers alone. 16 is coming.

but once he decided to go east, if he wants what he says he wants-an east coast presence/office, and penetration into nyc- he needs uconn. uconn gives him the state of ct as a bonafide footprint state. there's no question on that, as a huge bonus.

Reaction Score
I like what KyleSLamb posted on the Ohio State board:

Connecticut is not *technically* contiguous but for practical purposes, yes it actually is. The NYC market, which is now in the Big Ten's footprint, is actually included in Western Connecticut. So from Jim Delany's point of view and the Big Ten's POV, it IS a contiguous area. Or put another way, the Big Ten's television footprint is now included in Connecticut (or will be as of 2014). So it pretty much is now a Big Ten state.

Reaction Score
I like what KyleSLamb posted on the Ohio State board:

Connecticut is not *technically* contiguous but for practical purposes, yes it actually is. The NYC market, which is now in the Big Ten's footprint, is actually included in Western Connecticut. So from Jim Delany's point of view and the Big Ten's POV, it IS a contiguous area. Or put another way, the Big Ten's television footprint is now included in Connecticut (or will be as of 2014). So it pretty much is now a Big Ten state.
I want to be excited about this. But who is this guy, and why should I listen?

Reaction Score
I want to be excited about this. But who is this guy, and why should I listen?

He also posted:

Connecticut absolutely is a candidate. I'm certain of that. I'm sure others have their sources and I respect that. But I know who I'm getting mine from and there's no speculation about it.

Here is his twitter account:
https://twitter.com/Kyle_Lamb

Reaction Score
He also posted:

Connecticut absolutely is a candidate. I'm certain of that. I'm sure others have their sources and I respect that. But I know who I'm getting mine from and there's no speculation about it.

Here is his twitter account:
https://twitter.com/Kyle_Lamb
So again, love the info, but no reason to trust the source... How can we even be sure it's the same guy?

Reaction Score
So again, love the info, but no reason to trust the source... How can we even be sure it's the same guy?
It is the same guy. Here are some of his tweets. He posted similar on the Ohio State board. I can't tell you whether to believe him or not.

Kyle S. Lamb@Kyle_Lamb
@rossabaker the Carolinas and UVA actually wanted UCONN over Louisville. So if the ACC lost one, UCONN could suffice as replacement to them

30 NovKyle S. Lamb@Kyle_Lamb
@rossabaker UCONN was the reported preference of UNC, Duke, Virginia and Wake.

@rossabaker easy explanation... it's the only remaining safety net the Carolina schools would consider as an ACC stablizer.

29 NovKyle S. Lamb@Kyle_Lamb
The benefit of UCONN is two-fold: state institution w/essentially contiguous expansion & takes away the ACC's last ace-in-the-hole for UVA

30 NovCTIronman@CTIronman
@Kyle_Lamb CT d/n border any state in the B1G. Raiding Cuse would OTOH reunite an old Penn State rival like MD & Rutgers

@CTIronman technically they don't border anyone, but they now border a B1G television market (NYC). Actually, they have NYC market in-state

Reaction Score
@CTIronman technically they don't border anyone, but they now border a B1G television market (NYC). Actually, they have NYC market in-state
We do have plenty of the NYC market in-state. Waterbury and New Haven are the line between New York and New England culture. Fairfield, Litchfield and New Haven counties. NYC is monstrous.

Reaction Score
Ohio State and Michigan fans have resigned themselves to the possibility of a UConn invite. They know we completely kick ass in basketball and other sports. And have a cool football history. Now we just need the invite. I'd say our chances are better than 50%.

Reaction Score
Things may loosen up a bit in the ACC when Florida runs through Louisville the way WV shanked Clemson last year. Wait a few weeks and watch Louisville's pathetic performance.

By the way, I'm convinced that most of the people following the ACC Ville invite were not aware that Uconn had beaten Ville on the road during the prior week. It got no pub. Watch the tide turn against this "football" add after the bowl game. FSU will wonder about the ACC even more (there is little chance N. Illinois will take down FSU, but the sheer indignity of it should get FSU thinking).

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so let me get this straight:
-b10 needs to carry dc and nyc and uva and uconn allow them to adds tvs in states but also double down on those 2 markets as they become b10 territory.
-the acc can then fill the slot open with cincy who now fits geograpgy wise between pitt-nd-lville and academics are out the window anyway. good bball, good fball and they bring ohio recruiting and tv. they will rape the acc within 3 years in fball(book it).
-this puts the acc back at 14.5 and all is well. when the sec adds 2 which will happen soon, the acc can either sit at 12 or add temple and usf depending on strategy.
-the NNNNNBE is all the cusa types and they create there own conf and mwc adds bsu and crew. bball school schools split and do there league whith espn ladiefreakinda
-the sec network will happen in jan so look for action soon
-uconn and cincy must get out of the NBE buy june(forget actual day) for 2014.

no one left out, tv contract stuff settled....yea, i'll sign up for that right now. does a bear have a penis?

after we settle right in, we then get to sit back and watch all the scum ball schools(pitt, cuse, bc, vt, maimi) figure out wtf to do with themselves b12 vs acc vs we suck and die....life is good

Reaction Score
so let me get this straight:
-b10 needs to carry dc and nyc and uva and uconn allow them to adds tvs in states but also double down on those 2 markets as they become b10 territory.
-the acc can then fill the slot open with cincy who now fits geograpgy wise between pitt-nd-lville and academics are out the ****ing window anyway. good bball, good fball and they bring ohio recruiting and tv. they will rape the acc within 3 years in fball(book it).
-this puts the acc back at 14.5 and all is well. when the sec adds 2 which will happen soon, the acc can either sit at 12 or add temple and usf depending on strategy.
-the NNNNNBE is all the cusa types and they create there own conf and mwc adds bsu and crew. bball school schools split and do there league whith espn ladiefreakinda
-the sec network will happen in jan so look for action soon
-uconn and cincy must get out of the NBE buy june(forget actual day) for 2014.

no one left out, tv contract stuff settled....yea, i'll sign up for that **** right now. does a bear have a penis?

after we settle right in, we then get to sit back and watch all the scum ball schools(pitt, cuse, bc, vt, maimi) figure out wtf to do with themselves b12 vs acc vs we suck and die....life is good

Hope this will become true soon. We are all just tired of waiting.

H

Huskieforlife

Dude, your gifs are too much on the RAM. Just speaking for those on phones. ;)
Ok just fixed it, thanks for letting me know. i did not think about that, is it easier on your phone now?

Reaction Score
Ok just fixed it, thanks for letting me know. i did not think about that, is it easier on your phone now?
It was freezing someone else's phone. You probably missed his post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom