B1G | Page 26 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Theoretically, if, as our old BE brethren would like, the ACC wins in court and Maryland is forced to pay $50 million, I wonder how that would change things for the Big Ten.
That would make us and Cuse much more attractive. Unless Cuse would have to pay $50 mil.

Reaction Score
Sportsbusinessdaily has an article about the likely strategy of the big ten with respect to getting ru and md carried on the states' cable systems.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/12/10/Media/BigTenNet.aspx?

"But the school administrations and conference officials do not want to place any live games on sports tiers in the Big Ten’s home markets. If the Big Ten Conference opted to sell Maryland and Rutgers games to the Big Ten Network from the beginning, Cablevision, Comcast and Time Warner Cable would have no incentive to move the network off of their sports tiers."

When mauel put out the statement a couple of weeks ago, he used the words "captive audience". To my knowledge he hadn't used such language before. Delany must know that in ct there would be no fight to carry uconn. It would be akin to nebraska when it joined.

Reaction Score
Sportsbusinessdaily has an article about the likely strategy of the big ten with respect to getting ru and md carried on the states' cable systems.

http://m.sportsbusinessdaily.com/Journal/Issues/2012/12/10/Media/BigTenNet.aspx?

"But the school administrations and conference officials do not want to place any live games on sports tiers in the Big Ten’s home markets. If the Big Ten Conference opted to sell Maryland and Rutgers games to the Big Ten Network from the beginning, Cablevision, Comcast and Time Warner Cable would have no incentive to move the network off of their sports tiers."

When mauel put out the statement a couple of weeks ago, he used the words "captive audience". To my knowledge he hadn't used such language before. Delany must know that in ct there would be no fight to carry uconn. It would be akin to nebraska when it joined.
I am positive Delaney is aware of that. Ex-SEC commissioner Roy Kramer said we have SEC potential as a fanbase. It is showing.

Reaction Score
acc just paid up. now 19mil per team becuase of the nd games. this puts them on par with the b12 accept that b12 schools get there own tier 3 $$. for the b12 to get acc teams now becomes a slight bit harder. not much but clearly espn is going to try to keep the acc intact which is interesting as the sec and b10 are going to add atleast 2 each soon. if the 14 team acc right now loses 4, 2 to each then they can add uconn and cincy and even temple and usf to get back #'s wise. espn may be playing the keep the acc alive game and see if fox goes for splitting the b12 instead with them to the pac/acc.

Conn. should deduct $2m x 15 in tax breaks to ESPN.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
McMurphy gave an interview on Finebaum's show tonight where he said he thought the ACC was in real trouble in further realignment.

Reaction Score
If the ACC in further trouble means us getting into the ACC then sign me up for that. A gutted ACC is still better than what we are facing.

Reaction Score
McMurphy gave an interview on Finebaum's show tonight where he said he thought the ACC was in real trouble in further realignment.

well he is the only one left with a decent track record. That is a good sign for Connecticut.

Reaction Score
i think i am at the point were i don't care were uconn goes as long as we get off the titantic called the big east

Reaction Score
If the ACC in further trouble means us getting into the ACC then sign me up for that. A gutted ACC is still better than what we are facing.
"UConn president Susan Herbst declined comment Wednesday when asked directly if the school would leave the Big East for the ACC should an invitation be issued. Herbst also would not comment on discussions with the ACC, or say when a decision might be made."

http://espn.go.com/college-sports/s...e-all-sports-east-carolina-join-just-football

Reaction Score
what does this mean? Didn't the ACC just band together in a formal alliance.
Last time BC did that, they were introduced into a new conference less than a week later. Would be pretty funny if they do it again...

Reaction Score
i think i am at the point were i don't care were uconn goes as long as we get off the titantic called the big east
I think you should care because if the BE goes away, Uconn doesn't have anywhere to go.

Reaction Score
what does this mean? Didn't the ACC just band together in a formal alliance.
Last time BC did that, they were introduced into a new conference less than a week later. Would be pretty funny if they do it again...
That means the ACC has the weakest ground to stand on out of the "Power 5" conferences.

The Funster

What?
Reaction Score
UConn is a sleeping giant. Delany knows this. ACC's loss is the B1G's gain. Delany's problem is who to partner with UConn. He cannot make a move until the MD situation is clarified. IF MD gets off on the cheap, UVa comes with UConn. If not, we may not have a landing spot until a partner emerges. If UVa goes, Cincy gets the ACC call. The ACC stays relevant. The Big 12 will not expand. Texas wants to stay at 10 and they wag the dog.

Reaction Score
UConn is a sleeping giant. Delany knows this. ACC's loss is the B1G's gain. Delany's problem is who to partner with UConn. He cannot make a move until the MD situation is clarified. IF MD gets off on the cheap, UVa comes with UConn. If not, we may not have a landing spot until a partner emerges. If UVa goes, Cincy gets the ACC call. The ACC stays relevant. The Big 12 will not expand. Texas wants to stay at 10 and they wag the dog.
I think everyone on this board that supports Uconn (trolls excluded), would like to believe this.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
There's a pro-ACC faction. They seem to be small in number.
I don't think you'll find too many who would favor the ACC over the B1G if we have an invite from both. You will find some like me who think a potential invite from the B1G is a at least few years away and that we still have to worry about the likes of UNC, GT possibly getting in ahead of us (if the ACC implosion scenario comes to fruition). Given we're about to wind up being stuck with USF, Cincy, temple and an assortment of CUSA riff-raff, I will not be one of the people arguing for UConn to turn down an ACC bid because a B1G invite is just around the corner you guys!!!! If Jim Delany is biding his time for UConn to show what it's worth, I'd be perfectly happy paying the ACC an exit fee in about 15 years or however long it takes.

Reaction Score
Is that Honey Badger supposed to be a Wolverine or a Badger? Some of those pictures are too small to identify.

Reaction Score
I need to work on it more with maybe some better pics. I cant figure out how to make it bigger which is pissing me off lol

Indiana

WTH is the Pirate looking thing next to the Turtle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom