B1G | Page 25 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Reaction Score
I had BIG XX back after the original raid. My 20 team conference stretched from Austin/Norman up through Mizzou across the then Big Ten to the Atlantic at NJ and Conn. Probably had Md. too but I can't remember.

Why have a Big XX Conference when we can have a Big XXX? It needs UNLV for sure.

Reaction Score
Did anyone see this in Herbst's biography?

"Herbst spent 14 years at Northwestern University, joining the faculty in 1989 and serving until her departure to Temple in 2003. At Northwestern she held a variety of positions including Professor of Political Science and Chair of the Department. Dr. Herbst is a scholar of public opinion, media, and American politics, and is author of four books and many articles in these areas, most recently, Rude Democracy: Civility and Incivility in American Politics (2010). Along with Benjamin Page, Lawrence Jacobs, and James Druckman, she edits the University of Chicago Press series in American Politics."

The University of Chicago's logo can be found here on the scout.com conference message board:
http://mbd.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=451&f=2364

We're going to the B1G!!

Reaction Score
The B1G thought pattern for member #12.

http://voices.yahoo.com/big-ten-expansion-continues-heat-up-5618048.html?cat=14

Looks like it would most likely be us, Cuse, UNC and UVA jockeying for the 15th and 16th spot.
Out of curiosity, how do you post that article, then suggest that Cuse, UNC, UVA are jockeying for 15 and 16?
Only Cuse was mentioned in the article. the other school added isn't even this guys target list (MD), so that should say something.
2 years ago might as well be from 1975 because so much has changed, and so much more is known about what conferences are looking to do strategically.

Reaction Score
Out of curiosity, how do you post that article, then suggest that Cuse, UNC, UVA are jockeying for 15 and 16?
Only Cuse was mentioned in the article. the other school added isn't even this guys target list (MD), so that should say something.
2 years ago might as well be from 1975 because so much has changed, and so much more is known about what conferences are looking to do strategically.
Speculation combining factors from the past. Our men's basketball program advanced another championship over those two years. We've been mentioned as a potential candidate for 2.5 years now, at least. The only thing that has changed is they are no longer chasing after Texas. Which probably would leave out rushing for Kansas. That leaves schools on the east coast.

Reaction Score
Speculation combining factors from the past. Our men's basketball program advanced another championship over those two years. We've been mentioned as a potential candidate for 2.5 years now, at least. The only thing that has changed is they are no longer chasing after Texas. Which probably would leave out rushing for Kansas. That leaves schools on the east coast.
Got it... East Coast.

pj

Reaction Score
Yes ... B12 now out of play, ACC now in play. Nebraska, Maryland and Rutgers have moved to B1G. Other than that situation is similar. Leaving UConn, UVa, UNC, and maybe FSU among state universities, ND, and maybe Ga Tech, Cuse, BC, Duke among privates.

You've got to think UConn-UVa would make a great match for the B1G.

RMoore1999

Illegitimi Non Carborundum!
Reaction Score
Who says Connecticut doesn't fit the B1G mold in terms if fan support?

@McMurphyESPN: Michigan State announces it has sold only 2,000 of 11,000 ticket allotment for Buffalo WIld Wings Bowl vs. TCU.

I believe the ratio of our Fiesta Bowl official sales actually exceeded that.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Who says Connecticut doesn't fit the B1G mold in terms of fan support?

@McMurphyESPN: Michigan State announces it has sold only 2,000 of 11,000 ticket allotment for Buffalo WIld Wings Bowl vs. TCU.

Reaction Score
Who says Connecticut doesn't fit the B1G mold in terms of fan support?

Posting things twice won't get you additional 'likes'...

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
Posting things twice won't get you additional 'likes'...

Haha. Displays of technical incompetence (for which I am all too often guilty) should get me "Dislikes".....

Reaction Score
WARDE MANUEL FLYING IN THE USS CONNECTICUT'S ESCAPE CREW CRAFT

handbasket.jpg

98Uconn

NL1MF
Reaction Score
acc just paid up. now 19mil per team becuase of the nd games. this puts them on par with the b12 accept that b12 schools get there own tier 3 $$. for the b12 to get acc teams now becomes a slight bit harder. not much but clearly espn is going to try to keep the acc intact which is interesting as the sec and b10 are going to add atleast 2 each soon. if the 14 team acc right now loses 4, 2 to each then they can add uconn and cincy and even temple and usf to get back #'s wise. espn may be playing the keep the acc alive game and see if fox goes for splitting the b12 instead with them to the pac/acc.
You're making me nervous. You didn't once mention us to B1G in this post.

B1GButtDonut

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
acc just paid up. now 19mil per team becuase of the nd games. this puts them on par with the b12 accept that b12 schools get there own tier 3 $$. for the b12 to get acc teams now becomes a slight bit harder. not much but clearly espn is going to try to keep the acc intact which is interesting as the sec and b10 are going to add atleast 2 each soon. if the 14 team acc right now loses 4, 2 to each then they can add uconn and cincy and even temple and usf to get back #'s wise. espn may be playing the keep the acc alive game and see if fox goes for splitting the b12 instead with them to the pac/acc.

Dan, wtf happened to Connecticut with UVA to the B1G? Is that no longer likely? Ready the lifeboats then.....

caw

Reaction Score
Theoretically, if, as our old BE brethren would like, the ACC wins in court and Maryland is forced to pay $50 million, I wonder how that would change things for the Big Ten.

RMoore1999

Reaction Score
the b10 is a lot more $. acc schools will still jump to the b10 and sec when time comes for expansion to 16. espn is just trying to keep the league from completely falling apart by a mass add by the b12.

i still think uva and uconn to the b10
duke and unc to the sec
cincy to the acc

then things stop and it becomes a fox vs espn thing as to what happens with the b12...

now whos left out? usf who is really a cusa school and temple who dropped years ago so they can't argue. everyone found a home temporarily until 18 to 20 is the final answer. that round will be led by nd to the b10 with either cuse or bc being the paired school. then things get ugly....

Nice. For a minute there It felt like perhaps you concluded your sources had provided you bad info on the B1G's interest in Connecticut. Seemed like the USS CT had perhaps hit an iceberg or something.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
thats a pretty interesting wager there mike. considering 500 likes gets u a hand job in boneyard points u shure are putting yourself out there.
Some people are willing to sacrifice goats, others dole out old fashioned handys... whatever it takes to get us out of this mess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom