B1G | Page 23 | The Boneyard

B1G

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The Dark Horse
Connecticut. I sat up and took notice with Greenstein mentioned them for the first time. You add another state to BTN footprint. You lock down the eastern end of the NYC DMA. You add a top level basketball program. Yeah, yeah I know, they're not a member of the AAU. Don't care. Academically they're tied with Rutgers at #66 according to US News and World Report. Missouri, which has the supposedly prestigious AAU membership? Number 102. UConn is a large state school and fits the Big Ten mold. They round out the Big Sixteen.

Reaction Score
Did some damage over on the Ohio State and Michigan message boards. We will now forever be remembered at the athletic department who should have gotten in ahead of Maryland.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score

This should be posted on the header or tattooed on Warde's forehead. At least we'll get the donut makers support.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2

Reaction Score
Did some damage over on the Ohio State and Michigan message boards. We will now forever be remembered as the athletic department who should have gotten in ahead of Maryland.
Typos!

Reaction Score
Revenue statistics for 2012 BCS schools, Connecticut is at 64 million (higher than Maryland and RU and NorthWestern) and only has 20% of their revenue attributed to football (while most B1G schools have AT LEAST 30% with some upwards towards high 60's)

With UConn making that much with such a little percent attributed to football I think it speaks volumes in the amount of potential the school has if given the chance with better football games and recruiting if accepted into the B1G. Not to mention the basketball would at worst keep the same revenue and possibly even increase revenue compared to playing in the NNNBE.

Just something to think about.

http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2012/12/alabama_and_auburn_stay_among.html

From left to Right:

School/Conf/Revenue/% Of Revenue Attributed to Football/ 2012 Football Wins.

Connecticut Big East $63.8 million 20%

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Revenue statistics for 2012 BCS schools, Connecticut is at 64 million (higher than Maryland and RU and NorthWestern) and only has 20% of their revenue attributed to football (while most B1G schools have AT LEAST 30% with some upwards towards high 60's)

With UConn making that much with such a little percent attributed to football I think it speaks volumes in the amount of potential the school has if given the chance with better football games and recruiting if accepted into the B1G. Not to mention the basketball would at worst keep the same revenue and possibly even increase revenue compared to playing in the NNNBE.

From left to Right:

That's a really nice breakdown of revenue and how it compares to others. Hopefully, the B1G is made well aware of this statistic, as it shows not only what we already bring to the table, but the tremendous upside we have if we are brought on board...

Reaction Score
I'm all for it. Sweeten the pot ESPN!!

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk 2

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
But that would completely destroy one of the Boneyard's greatest pastimes. What would the conspiracy theorists do for fun?!?

Actually, it would finally prove the theory. It would then be called "the conspiracy proof"...;)

caw

Reaction Score
Crackpot alert - MHver3 tweets that ESPN is trying to convince B1G to take Uconn and either Cuse or BC as it will keep ACC intact.

Cool as long as it's not BC.

Reaction Score
Some Michigan fans are in total denial, but I think most are rational about it.

Reaction Score
Crackpot alert - MHver3 tweets that ESPN is trying to convince B1G to take Uconn and either Cuse or BC as it will keep ACC intact.

Alert - Alert: @MHver3: I think a lot of you don't quite get how much espn stands to lose from BiG and B12 expansion if they raid the ACC

Reaction Score

From left to Right:

shows Uconn is by far the biggest fish not in a major conference. Louisville and Kansas are similar models. Kansas is close to 80M with less than 20% from FB.

arch

Reaction Score
Paul Finebaum had lunch with Delany today and came away with one impression and that was that further expansion was still an active subject with the BIG.

I realize that Finebaum is no faceless tweeter but still its better than nothing.

Alas, the only team he heard mentioned around the IMG meetings was UNC.

Reaction Score
Paul Finebaum had lunch with Delany today and came away with one impression and that was that further expansion was still an active subject with the BIG.

I realize that Finebaum is no faceless tweeter but still its better than nothing.

UConn and UNC are the two schools that would have two options for conferences. They can go to the SEC. If they do go to the SEC, we probably go to the B1G instantly.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
so when the acc had its solidarity sign the line for fun thing today i have a couple thoughts
-means nothing. schools wont sign the gor. its all a act. just like ads and pres saying all is good then leaving. its like the mizzu ppl writing a letter aying they are staying in the b12 then leaving soon after.
-why would fsu sign that if it wasn't ok with voting for the 50mil fee?
-notice which school wasn't one of the schools to initiate the letter? all the schools who have had rumors about leaving were brought up as wanting this letter accept uva. hmm
-they had to go so far to get cuse, pitt, nd and lville on it. funny stuff.

the answer? uva is gone, were going with!

Reaction Score

Dude sez otherwise...

The Dude of WV (@theDudeofWV)
12/6/12, 4:01 PM
I'm pretty damn sure #15 for the B1G is GT and #16 is BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom