Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Dude sez otherwise...

The Dude of WV (@theDudeofWV)
12/6/12, 4:01 PM
I'm pretty damn sure #15 for the B1G is GT and #16 is BC.

Wake me up when the Dude is"double-damn sure with a cherry on top"...;)

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
so when the acc had its solidarity sign the line for fun thing today i have a couple thoughts
-means nothing. schools wont sign the gor. its all a act. just like ads and pres saying all is good then leaving. its like the mizzu ppl writing a letter aying they are staying in the b12 then leaving soon after.
-why would fsu sign that if it wasn't ok with voting for the 50mil fee?
-notice which school wasn't one of the schools to initiate the letter? all the schools who have had rumors about leaving were brought up as wanting this letter accept uva. hmm
-they had to go so far to get cuse, pitt, nd and lville on it. funny stuff.

the answer? uva is gone, were going with!
My observation is that people who need to go on record expressing harmony are always disharmonious. When there is real harmony no one even thinks its necessary to let others know.

Reaction Score
Jeff Potrykus covers Wisconsin Badgers for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

jaypo1961 2:21pm via web
#Badgers AD B.Alvarez tells athletic bd Delany thought Penn State might leave BIG if no expansion into northeast.

jaypo1961 2:22pm via web
(cont)...That is why Rutgers/Maryland were added to league. Alvarez: 1 other school wanted in. Turned down (academics).

Who knows...

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Jeff Potrykus covers Wisconsin Badgers for the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel:

jaypo1961 2:21pm via web
#Badgers AD B.Alvarez tells athletic bd Delany thought Penn State might leave BIG if no expansion into northeast.

jaypo1961 2:22pm via web
(cont)...That is why Rutgers/Maryland were added to league. Alvarez: 1 other school wanted in. Turned down (academics).

Who knows...

Neither Syracuse, UConn or BC would be turned down for academics. Lack of AAU maybe. But Cinci....they would be turned down.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
pitt and psu just inked a new fball series. they wouldn't bother if there was a sniff of pitt to the b10. cross them off the list. its down to bc, uconn and cuse for that #16 slot. momentum...full speed ahead uss connecticut!

Pork_Chop.gif

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
FSU per Frank the Tank.

we on deck of the uss connecticut never felt the fsu buzz was real to start with. this frank the tank statement helps prove this opinion correct and i just another chink in the indians armor. is frankthetank thinking about joining the fleet? we don't have any tanks, this could be a huge add giving us ground capabilities...

i have always thought that the little bump on the horse's head that starts the team entry for fsu was the begining of a full grown unicorn. one that represents fsu always false title hopes and false sense of being the big boy they like to act and talk.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
Also puts a dent in the GT rumor. If they were really going to take GT, might as well take FSU.

smoke out uva at all costs rumors/back talk wise

#B1GSMOKE

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Also puts a dent in the GT rumor. If they were really going to take GT, might as well take FSU.

No, GT is AAU and has excellent academics. What it shows, is that the B1G isn't going to take a weak academic school, that also flunks most of its other criteria. FSU flunks on contiguous, culture and academics. Passes on athletics and markets. GT has one more in the plus column than FSU. How many is enough?

Reaction Score
I have no idea what the heck I was thinking when I said UConn should have been in ahead of Maryland at 16. I was thinking Maryland is #16. Stupid me. Either way, glad I was able to share where we're headed. Do I get MHVer3, whatever his name is, status?

Just kidding. Had to clean up a mistake.

Reaction Score
B1G asked UConn to change to the block C in order to get in. Notice Iowa, PSU, MSU are the only logos without a letter in them. Recently Maryland went from the constipated turtle to the M, correct?

Reaction Score
MapofEmergingUSMegaregions.png

We're going somewhere. Wish people would stop crying.

Hey, just got around to reading this thread. Nice job with the graphic! Now I know what you were talking about on my post. Sorry for being so ignorant I couldn't acknowledge this.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Neither Syracuse, UConn or BC would be turned down for academics. Lack of AAU maybe. But Cinci....they would be turned down.

How about WV as the failed applicant?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
B1G asked UConn to change to the block C in order to get in. Notice Iowa, PSU, MSU are the only logos without a letter in them. Recently Maryland went from the constipated turtle to the M, correct?

The B1G consists of I-schools, M-schools, N-schools, P-schools, Ohio State, Rutgers and Wisconsin. The letter schools are referred to as such when convienent. Example and most common usage, "The I-schools should be easy wins this year"

Reaction Score
The B1G only has 1 championship in women's basketball. We'd raise that number to 8. They have 10 championships in men's basketball. We'd raise that to 13. Lock?

Reaction Score
It is not surprising the B1G responded to the possibility of losing Penn State to the ACC. The ACC had that potential. But they screwed up.

Reaction Score
The B1G only has 1 championship in women's basketball. We'd raise that number to 8. They have 10 championships in men's basketball. We'd raise that to 13. Lock?
Now I'm mad that Houston couldn't seal the deal in 1983 and 1984. Could've added two more national championship banners to the Big East.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Now I'm mad that Houston couldn't seal the deal in 1983 and 1984. Could've added two more national championship banners to the Big East.

Nah, you'd have to take one away fron G'Town. Just plus 1.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
But that would completely destroy one of the Boneyard's greatest pastimes. What would the conspiracy theorists do for fun?!?
Uh, figure out their next move of course. The conspiracy never ends is just evolves.

Reaction Score
20 teams = BTN, BTN2

I had BIG XX back after the original raid. My 20 team conference stretched from Austin/Norman up through Mizzou across the then Big Ten to the Atlantic at NJ and Conn. Probably had Md. too but I can't remember.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom