B12 and ACC on the clock! | Page 10 | The Boneyard

B12 and ACC on the clock!

Reaction Score
It’s fair to think that we will be just as good or better. A win against NC St opening night sure would help get things moving.
A sell out crowd for the game wouldn't hurt either.

Reaction Score
It’s fair to think that we will be just as good or better. A win against NC St opening night sure would help get things moving.
I don’t want to put negative energy out there necessarily, but I do believe that’s a bit of a pipe dream. My girlfriend went to Clemson so I actually saw them go play down in Death Valley last year and they lost (and their fans were trashy) but they were a solid team that put up a good fight against a great team in one of the hardest environments in college football. I believe they were ranked at the time as well. We beat BC by six points at home and that was arguably our best win. I just don’t see us beating NC State this year. I think Duke is a much more realistic win.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I don’t want to put negative energy out there necessarily, but I do believe that’s a bit of a pipe dream. My girlfriend went to Clemson so I actually saw them go play down in Death Valley last year and they lost (and their fans were trashy) but they were a solid team that put up a good fight against a great team in one of the hardest environments in college football. I believe they were ranked at the time as well. We beat BC by six points at home and that was arguably our best win. I just don’t see us beating NC State this year. I think Duke is a much more realistic win.
On the other hand we lost our starting quarterback in the first quarter of the first game of the season and played the entire year with a true freshman at quarterback. Our two leading running backs went down and we played the bulk of the year with a true freshman getting the bulk of the carries. Are receiving core was similarly depleted. Despite all of that we went to a bowl game. NC State would be a challenging win for the program which is still climbing it's way out of a decade long barrel of suck, but last year's performance was heartening news by any reasonable standard.

Reaction Score
I’m not predicting a win, just saying it’s possible and would be an awesome start. It would look especially good with realignment swirling.

Reaction Score
I’m not predicting a win, just saying it’s possible and would be an awesome start. It would look especially good with realignment swirling.
Totally hear that. I agree. I’m also really looking forward to the Duke and JMU games.

Reaction Score
If the Big 12 is truly serious about establishing an eastern presence there is one move they can make that will do that overnight.
but what happens to our improving football team?

Reaction Score
Do you think Mora can recruit impact makers better/faster to a team in the Big12 or one wandering the desert as an Independent?
i watched rutgers experience in B10. Uconn could be heading for the same thing in FB. Maybe it would be better to stay in the acc for a while if that option exists for football.

Reaction Score
i watched rutgers experience in B10. Uconn could be heading for the same thing in FB. Maybe it would be better to stay in the acc for a while if that option exists for football.
There was a time not too long ago when UConn beat the snot out of Baylor and the best QB in the nation… have some faith. With a B12 offer we instantly become the Power 5 Beast of the East while BC, Syracuse and Pitt play in a dying ACC. Rutgers is Rutgers. They are just beyond hope wherever they are.

Reaction Score
There was a time not too long ago when UConn beat the snot out of Baylor and the best QB in the nation… have some faith. With a B12 offer we instantly become the Power 5 Beast of the East while BC, Syracuse and Pitt play in a dying ACC. Rutgers is Rutgers. They are just beyond hope wherever they are.
This is how you have to view this opportunity if it comes to fruition.

Drew

Its a post, about nothing!
Reaction Score
Josh Pate is very good. Thanks for posting

Reaction Score
I am convinced that within 10 years or so UConn football will help UConn make it into the B10 and will be considered a major powerhouse.
Do you think its easier to get there from the Big 12 or independent status. I like the Big 12 as a lomg term home, especially if years down the line the ACC splinters and you pick up Pitt, Cuse and a few other old Big East fors

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Do you think its easier to get there from the Big 12 or independent status. I like the Big 12 as a lomg term home, especially if years down the line the ACC splinters and you pick up Pitt, Cuse and a few other old Big East fors
Join the B12 today, and look forward to presiding over which ACC flotsam is rescued years from now as B12 adds.

Reaction Score
Don't know if it's been mentioned in a while so here's the BE details `( Courant - 2019 ) on....

Withdrawal fee
If UConn decides to leave the Big East, it will have to pay a hefty fee. The terms of the contract state that UConn will be responsible for paying the conference $30 million if it withdraws within the first six years of membership. If the school bails within a three-year period after that, $15 million is owed. After 10 years, UConn would owe $10 million. A withdrawal fee can be split up into four payments, if necessary.
UConn a higher risk
If $30 million for a withdrawal fee seems like a lot, that’s because it is. The cost for UConn to leave the conference is steeper than other Big East schools because it plays football. The sport gives UConn an incentive to leave for another conference where the payout may be larger.
“Such program could, as it has in the past, create a misalignment of interests with the other members,” the contract reads. “…a future withdrawal by the university, whether to realign its football program with the basketball and other programs it is moving into the conference or otherwise, could cause unique harm and substantial damage to the conference, the amount of which cannot be calculated with precision.”
The deal also prevents UConn from participating in a Power 5 conference in football.

Reaction Score
I don't think the newly reconstituted Big 12, without Texas and Oklahoma, will be as difficult as the B1G and the SEC. It will be difficult for sure, but not impossible. Rutgers has an impossible task in B1G football.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
I don't think the newly reconstituted Big 12, without Texas and Oklahoma, will be as difficult as the B1G and the SEC. It will be difficult for sure, but not impossible. Rutgers has an impossible task in B1G football.

Rutgers football really stands no chance to compete in the B1G East. Only real measure of success could be an undefeated ooc schedule and then trying to cobble together bowl eligibility. Aside from joining the SEC West there may not be more of an uphill battle in fbs.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom