B12 and ACC on the clock! | Page 19 | The Boneyard

B12 and ACC on the clock!

Reaction Score
Reminder: Rule #1

Yormark: "Benedict you sonofabitch! Hey, thanks for the ice cream! You bastards make some goooood ice cream! Hey, that thing we talked about. As we discussed, we at the Big XII would like to extend an invitation....hold on....hey, let me call you back. I gotta take this call from USF, appears they just got some good news. Talk to you later!"

Reaction Score

Im all for joining the Big 12.

However...if this an option, this would be ideal. Even if after a few years and Clemson/FSU/Miami/UNC left, I still think it fits us the best even if we make a little less money.

ACC > Big 12 > Current situation

Reaction Score

However...if this an option, this would be ideal. Even if after a few years and Clemson/FSU/Miami/UNC left, I still think it fits us the best even if we make a little less money.

Boo!!!

Probably right but rather carry a grudge.

Reaction Score
That article was posted tongue in cheek. Among the other ideas was a 24-36 team Big XII including schools like NC A&T, South Dakota State, etc.; and a 91 team PAC-XX conference including all Pacific Time Zone conferences.

Reaction Score

Until the rats scatter and Pitt Cuse and Vill and Clemson and FL State dip.

Reaction Score
Oklahoma State Cowboys
I don't understand why folks discount Big 12 football and especially Oklahoma State. Okie is ranked and goes bowling every year. It missed 1 bowl in the last 21 years. And, Barry Sanders. People who can't get pumped up for UConn-Okie State oughta shampoo my cro...

SandersBarry.jpg

UC1995

Back to Basics!
Reaction Score
Everyone who is anyone wants out of the ACC… now. Though Big 12 is not the ideal location for all of them, they gladly take it over the slow death March they are in now.

They will leave as soon as their media deal is done or as close to as they can. People need to understand that the Big 12 next deal ends the same time as ACC if I am not mistaken which means we will know what the complete landscape is. Go to Big 12 for next whatever years earn the money, increase our reputation in all sports and reevaluate then.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Everyone who is anyone wants out of the ACC… now. Though Big 12 is not the ideal location for all of them, they gladly take it over the slow death March they are in now.

They will leave as soon as their media deal is done or as close to as they can. People need to understand that the Big 12 next deal ends the same time as ACC if I am not mistaken which means we will know what the complete landscape is. Go to Big 12 for next whatever years earn the money, increase our reputation in all sports and reevaluate then.

They want a new contract, and failing that, they want out. Different than just wanting out.

Reaction Score

There will be no ACC, just the AAC, and it won't happen for a decade at least. More than those four will leave for the SEC, Big 12, or Big 10. The only ones left will be BC and Wake. If UConn can get to the Big 12 now, get on the lifeboat. How can anyone here possibly trust the ACC?

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The ACC has two sick programs in the northeast, Syracuse and BCU. The ACC and ESPN would be insane to let the Big 12 take UConn and get a foothold in the northeast. Either the ACC knows that the UConn to Big 12 rumors are not true, or the ACC is totally dysfunctional and incapable of grabbing UConn before the Big 12 does.

Reaction Score
The ACC has two sick programs in the northeast, Syracuse and BCU. The ACC and ESPN would be insane to let the Big 12 take UConn and get a foothold in the northeast. Either the ACC knows that the UConn to Big 12 rumors are not true, or the ACC is totally dysfunctional and incapable of grabbing UConn before the Big 12 does.
Or the ACC is the second conference making inquiries.

Reaction Score
AD David Benedict is on the phone with BY as a call from the ACC comes in. AD David Benedict's assistant lets him know and he tells the assistant "let 'em wait".

Reaction Score
I vote the second option, the ACC is totally dysfunctional and incapable of grabbing UConn before the Big 12 does. The ACC has passed over UConn three times. All we have heard out of that conference is that we don't add value. And we just heard that the ACC is not expanding because none of the available teams add value. In fact, in that story, UConn wasn't even listed as one of the schools that they looked at.

Also, if we go to the Big 12, ESPN gets UConn as part of the Big 12 TV deal.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Have we ever gotten confirmation from a reliable source that that is true?

By process of elimination the only other conferences are the ACC or B1G. The PAC or SEC is not calling and there are no other conferences we would have a discussion with.

So either way we are in the conversation for a pay raise and a potential Px landing spot. Will it happen, who knows.

Reaction Score
By process of elimination the only other conferences are the ACC or B1G. The PAC or SEC is not calling and there are no other conferences we would have a discussion with.

So either way we are in the conversation for a pay raise and a potential Px landing spot. Will it happen, who knows.
Winning never hurts. Beat NCS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom