B12 and ACC on the clock! | Page 18 | The Boneyard

B12 and ACC on the clock!

Reaction Score
One of the big questions is if B12 and Big 10 grab teams from Pac12, will SEC grab two or three from ACC. That makes openings in ACC. UConn would find a place somewhere.

Reaction Score
A poster on another site just threw this idea out: Could Utah have promised the Pac it won't move to the Big 12 in order to keep the conference with at least 7 members? And might that lead Yormark to pursue Connecticut as member #16?

Reaction Score
I don’t think uconn football should go fcs..but i agree with everything else

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Uh what? Do you know basketball at all? None of those teams are factors in hoops.

Kansas/Baylor have won NC in the last 3 years.
Texas Tech and Houston both have final fours in the past few years.

Kansas State made a deep run this year. Cincinnati made like 20 straight tourneys just a few years back and are on their way back after a bad hire. WVU still has Huggins.
Basketball and history. For decades, UConn BB was a non-factor nationally, then in 1979 for the first time it had legitimate access to NYC Metro recruiting. The rest you probably know. What you are ignoring is that in 2013 it suddenly lost preferred access to them by playing in a far flung football first conference. Even a national championship didn't help. Three years after returning to a regional BB conference UConn is back winning titles.

What your cavalier statement is saying is that you don't think that mattered at all. I say it's a pretty big risk based on the historical record, so the money better be really good and that MBB will be the most negatively affected by the move. Baylor? They have as many murders as championships. Kansas is a peer program and could be a very good rivalry if people care about UConn/Kansas when both teams aren't Top 10. We have some history with WVA and Cincy but that's not what the OBE was about.

For $20M+ a year, you go but don't pretend MBB isn't going to lose something for it. We've seen that movie already.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
What part don’t you understand? Big 10 is not an option ,they don’t want you! ACC is not an option ,they don’t want you either . I’m not sure the Big 12 wants you either ,so if they ask you better jump to it!

No sith sherlock. That wasn't the question. The B12 is the third best option if the money is enough, otherwise it is a distant 4th from where UConn is right now, including the $30M buy out from the BE and whatever the less than full pro-rata share the B12 might offer. If the B12 contract is paying $20M, UConn isn't getting $20 for quite a while.

SubbaBub

Reaction Score
wish you had some faith in the power of the UConn Men's basketball program
I was born before 2014. A burden that I must carry.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Even a national championship didn't help. Three years after returning to a regional BB conference UConn is back winning titles.
Hmmm, were there any other changes to the program during that time that might've impacted its success?

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho

Reaction Score
Hmmm, were there any other changes to the program during that time that might've impacted its success?

Pondering Which One GIF by Moncho
And if I remember correctly, we had a top 5 recruiting class in the AAC two seasons removed form a national championship we won while members of the AAC.

CL82

Reaction Score
And if I remember correctly, we had a top 5 recruiting class in the AAC two seasons removed form a national championship we won while members of the AAC.
But having them and keeping them turned out to be two different things.

Reaction Score
Are you claiming that because a politician spins a massive (largest in the country) subsidy of the athletic department as being inconsequential we owe him a debt of gratitude?

That economic logic sounds very similar to when Isiah Thomas bankrupted the CBA.
I am saying that a person having a very high profile in this state and respected by the majority of its citizens as demonstrated over the years, has gotten out front and said that the method of accounting for the cost of the Athletic Department is highly arbitrary and quite unrealistic. (They are not using incremental costs to the state, rather they are using prices as well as transfers between state departments which are marked up when accounted for -- as discussed on these very pages ad nauseam.) But I think you know that. And I think if the accounting practices were modified, that the extra revenue from a P5 conference would cover not only the required subsidy but the added costs. At the very least, reduce the overspend relative to revenue by a very significant amount.

Reaction Score
Basketball and history. For decades, UConn BB was a non-factor nationally, then in 1979 for the first time it had legitimate access to NYC Metro recruiting. The rest you probably know. What you are ignoring is that in 2013 it suddenly lost preferred access to them by playing in a far flung football first conference. Even a national championship didn't help. Three years after returning to a regional BB conference UConn is back winning titles.
Actually the root cause for the MBB title is much more likely the Hurley hire, just like back in the day it was the Calhoon hire. The idea that Hurley won't be able to recruit in the NYC area when his team plays a schedule with Kansas, Baylor, and others on it, including some of the NBE and OBE for their OOC schedule, to me doesn't compute or pass the eyeball test.

Reaction Score
Going after Gonzaga is such loser mentality. If you want a Washington market, then you go after the Big Kahuna not some little s*it school in the middle of nowhere. You go after the little s*it school in the middle of nowhere when there are no other options on the board.

Reaction Score
Going after Gonzaga is such loser mentality. If you want a Washington market, then you go after the Big Kahuna not some little s*it school in the middle of nowhere. You go after the little s*it school in the middle of nowhere when there are no other options on the board.
Maybe Gonzaga should look into the Big East too just in case the Big 12 does not work out.

CL82

Reaction Score
If you are considering West Coast options you are going to look at a Few.

Urcea

Rent Enjoyer
Reaction Score
It’s a UConn-BE level of institutional mismatch

Reaction Score
Not yet …
I've see Colorado club hockey uni's. I think they can do better and a redesign if they upgraded into a B12 hockey conference. Road uni's, all black with gold helmets. Home sweaters gold w/black helmet. Just a thought in my crazy brain.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom