B12 and ACC on the clock! | Page 16 | The Boneyard

B12 and ACC on the clock!

Reaction Score
The current ACC is a better fit. But, we need to predict the future.
It looks like it could implode.
The problem is how long does the current ACC stay together as it is? I think the long term health of the Big 12 is in a better position, so it may not be as attractive on the surface but for the long haul if another conference change is going to be made it has to be Big 12.

Reaction Score
Hope UConn gets into either B12 or ACC soon. But if all else fails for UConn in this latest round of realignment there is one other option out there. If Stanford, Cal, Wash State and Oregon State are all that are left in the Pac12, UConn could go football only in Pac12. Keep the other stuff in Big East. Pac 12 could also add SMU, Rice, Tulane, USF, Army, Navy, Air Force. Then, if the ACC self destructs, some of those teams, like Duke, could join, too, Just a thought.

Reaction Score
Hope UConn gets into either B12 or ACC soon. But if all else fails for UConn in this latest round of realignment there is one other option out there. If Stanford, Cal, Wash State and Oregon State are all that are left in the Pac12, UConn could go football only in Pac12. Keep the other stuff in Big East. Pac 12 could also add SMU, Rice, Tulane, USF, Army, Navy, Air Force. Then, if the ACC self destructs, some of those teams, like Duke, could join, too, Just a thought.
For UConn now it is Big 12 or bust. The ACC will become no better than the AAC was. The top 3 conferences will divvy up the ACC and leave only Wake and BC left. They will have to fill with AAC schools. PAC 12 ain't happening for UConn.

Reaction Score
Uconn is not a g5 school…that being said…the acc would be a much better fit then the big 12 for uconn
Geographically absolutely. However, as a long-term home no way. All of the key schools that make up the conference are doing anything and everything that they can to force a breakup. Why would you ever want to join that? A Uconn Membership would probably only strengthen the resolve of the football focused schools to leave.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Geographically absolutely. However, as a long-term home no way. All of the key schools that make up the conference are doing anything and everything that they can to force a breakup. Why would you ever want to join that?
Because there are more teams there that I would look forward to playing in basketball.

I don't disagree with your point though.

Reaction Score
M
Because there are more teams there that I would look forward to playing in basketball.

I don't disagree with your point though.
Duke and Cuse? Pitt and BC, no.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
I think the ideal is UConn is added to an eastern b12 wing with Cuse/Duke/UL. But can we really wait on what’s ideal? If the ACC were to finally pick us up, can we actually say no?

Reaction Score
Another option is for the ACC to vote to merge with PAC12. That may provide a way for those ACC members who want to leave to bolt without paying the GOR or paying a reduced amount. The remaining members would be in a better conference given the west coast members.

Reaction Score
The regional ideas are going out the window. It’s now about stoking egos (brands).
Be a national power. Kansas, Kentucky, Duke and (I think us) are national brands in hoops.
Alabama, Georgia, and some un-deservings (Ohio St, Texas, Notre Dame) are national football brands. The whole game is going national, not regional. Join the Big 12 and be the “Bad Boys of the East”. USC and UCLA have dropped the regional gig. so should we.
Big 12 or bust.

Reaction Score
For UConn now it is Big 12 or bust. The ACC will become no better than the AAC was. The top 3 conferences will divvy up the ACC and leave only Wake and BC left. They will have to fill with AAC schools. PAC 12 ain't happening for UConn.
Spot on Buddy. Kick and take names.

Reaction Score
What does "bust" mean? If we do not get Big 12 offer, are we just supposed to stay independent in football for decades to come?

Reaction Score
Athletic prowess will wither. Top recruits and great coaches will go where the money is. UConn will fade from the national scene. That is my opinion of "bust".
And lack of money may force the school to drop down to FCS.

Reaction Score
Lmaoo we just won a NC and people are already claiming we are going to fade away if we don't get a B12 invite.

As long as Hurley is here, we will be a big time program. And for those that think we won't have the money to pay Hurley, unless AD David Benedict comes out and says it, I won't worry about it.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
B1G i$ the be$t option, FB would be a permanent doormat along with Rutgers.

ACC is the better fit because FB could be competitive, hockey can stay in Hockey East. Remnants of a post GOR ACC would still be better than the current B12. In fact, a lot like the old BE minus the C7.

B12 would be a tossup based on the $$$ vs another trip to the wilderness for BB. Hockey stays in Hockey East and the other sports get better competition. MBB takes the biggest hit. Can you really remain in the national recruiting discussion playing Kansas, Baylor, Cincy and West Virginia? Money would need to be huge to give up what we have right now.

Reaction Score
B1G i$ the be$t option, FB would be a permanent doormat along with Rutgers.

ACC is the better fit because FB could be competitive, hockey can stay in Hockey East. Remnants of a post GOR ACC would still be better than the current B12. In fact, a lot like the old BE minus the C7.

B12 would be a tossup based on the $$$ vs another trip to the wilderness for BB. Hockey stays in Hockey East and the other sports get better competition. MBB takes the biggest hit. Can you really remain in the national recruiting discussion playing Kansas, Baylor, Cincy and West Virginia? Money would need to be huge to give up what we have right now.
MBB takes a big hit going from a regional conference to the #1 conference? I don't understand this logic at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom