Assistant coaching news... | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Assistant coaching news...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Lots of Buffalo and the MAC.
The UB connections seem to come from a time where the program was turned around. As for MAC guys...there are a lot of quality former MAC guys out there...they had to start somewhere.

Reaction Score
Central Michigan has boasted one of the MAC’s top offenses during Mike Cummings’ three seasons as the offensive coordinator and offensive line coach...

Thanks for posting that.

I'm ok with the hire, let's see what he can do.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
You can be sure that HCBD has made a ton of phone calls and then makes his decision on all factors, not just coaching record.

There is so much we don't know or see.

One thing I see is a lot of experience in his coaching staff. A smart man surrounds himself with smart people. I think HCBD is a smart man. Only time will tell.

No way. I refuse to believe that. I think he is pulling names out of a hat. :rolleyes: Why do you think he's only gotten coaches from the MAC? Coach Diaco is not taking this job seriously. He's didn't hire Parker Executive Search and he's not going after Alabama or USC assistants. He's clearly just biding his time until he gets a better offer.:confused:

The fact remains that none of us here posting have any idea what goes into hiring a coaching staff. All we see is the end product every Saturday, not the inner workings.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
PUMPING? OR DUMPING?

I probably shouldn't be asking this, but I will: Any sense of what the players are feeling like, with all of the new coaches coming on board? Is there a sense of optimism like there is on this board?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
UConn: According to the Hartford Courant, Central Michigan offensive line coach Mike Cummings has accepted the offensive line job and Notre Dame director of player development and engagement Earnest Jones has accepted the running backs job.

From Coachingsearch.com. Uhhhhh??

Reaction Score
UConn: According to the Hartford Courant, Central Michigan offensive line coach Mike Cummings has accepted the offensive line job and Notre Dame director of player development and engagement Earnest Jones has accepted the running backs job.

So then we don't have an OC?

MattMang23

Reaction Score
Gotta be a typo on the part of coachingsearch.com.... Right? They're saying their source is the Courant, but the Courant is reporting Cummings is the OC...

Reaction Score

What an idiot Roussel is...here is a link from the Courant:
http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-football/hc-uconn-football-1231-20131230,0,7366419.story
Link says Cummings will be OC nothing more nothing less.

MattMang23

Reaction Score
I don't know why Cummings would take a demotion. You'd have to think Des has this one right.

Then again, it is Des.

Reaction Score
i am not happy with this hire. but i'm a buffoon according to some of you.
We could have done better at OC.

Reaction Score
I don't know why Cummings would take a demotion. You'd have to think Des has this one right.

Then again, it is Des.
yep. he doesnt have a good track record at all. And he's a dope...

Reaction Score
I'm sure most people weren't expecting P5 coaches. MAC coaches have a pretty good history, albeit the HC's mostly.

I was expecting a P5 coach or two that gets promoted up. Kinda like Diaco himself.

Reaction Score
is there any actual news and not tweets, this is annoying

Reaction Score
I was expecting a P5 coach or two that gets promoted up. Kinda like Diaco himself.

You you'd rather have a OL coach from a P5 get promoted to our OC position? Explain what you mean. I want someone who has experience at the 2 main coordinator positions.

Reaction Score
I probably shouldn't be asking this, but I will: Any sense of what the players are feeling like, with all of the new coaches coming on board? Is there a sense of optimism like there is on this board?
I don't think a lot of them know yet, being home for break and all.
And I don't think they look up a coaches background, they go by personal interaction.
But HC Diaco got the thimbs up.

Reaction Score
There's not enough money in anyone's budget to pull a OC or DC from a P5 school to an AAC school. Time for a reality check for a few people on here.
Agreed. Just not enough dollars available to hire away p5 coordinators. Most are looking for HC jobs ultimately and any move would have to be big dollars to have them move laterally in position (and downward in Conf.).

Reaction Score
Agreed. Just not enough dollars available to hire away p5 coordinators. Most are looking for HC jobs ultimately and any move would have to be big dollars to have them move laterally in position (and downward in Conf.).
ok. this makes sense. but still, this guy doesnt seem like the real deal as far as an OC is concerned. I think i'm afraid because of the similarities to GDL. me.
Can someone please re-inflate the bubble here and give us some reason why this guy will kick some and get this offense steam rolling opponents?

Reaction Score

You don't have to hire coordinators, you hire position coaches and promote them to Coordinators.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom