Assistant coach job posting | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Assistant coach job posting

Status
Not open for further replies.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
If that were the case they would have written different minimum qualifications. As currently written and posted, she doesn't meet the qualifications.

Reaction Score
I think she has said in the past she has no interest. I think she likes a kind of under the radar no pressure type of gig. Probably better for the work-life balance and sanity as well.

Reaction Score
Shesh. Tonya was dismissed from Temple a week ago. Job posting fits Tonya to a T. Mystery solved.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Shesh. Tonya was dismissed from Temple a week ago. Job posting fits Tonya to a T. Mystery solved.

She was fired in March of 2022.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
Carla has never publicly addressed the UConn job. No reason for her to do so. Would she be interested if offered? No one here knows. She loves coaching at Princeton and has been very successful. She may want to finish her coaching career there.

Reaction Score
Sure. She has more than enough money and presumably is happy with what she's accomplished in life. Not everyone wants to be Geno.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Don't you all get it guys? The handwriting is on the wall, he's looking to groom his replacement for when he retires.

Reaction Score
So, let the speculation begin . . . Tonya coming back?

MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS

• Bachelor’s degree.
  • Ten or more years of head coaching experience in a women’s collegiate Division I basketball program.
  • Coaching experience in multiple NCAA Division I national championship games.
  • Working knowledge of the correct application of NCAA regulations.
  • Strong commitment to the academic goals of the University.
  • Excellent organizational, teaching, communication, and public relations skills.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS

• Collegiate basketball national champion coach.
  • Possesses coaching and student-athlete development philosophies consistent with that of the Division of Athletics and its women’s basketball program.
It's not EEO if you're only looking for someone who's coached girls or women before there are lots of coaches who are great but have never coached girls or women before apparently, this requirement was not in place before Geno or our history would be quite different..just saying

Reaction Score
What exactly is the point of this exercise you're engaging in? These coaches don't meet the preferred qualifications and they wouldn't be candidates in any event!

Why does every thread on this board eventually turn crazy?
With all due respect, I never made any statements regarding whether or not the coaches I listed would be actual candidates for the position. I thought it was clearly stated in my first post the coaches I listed met the qualifications of the job posting. Have a Snickers bar and relax.

Reaction Score
Nope. Geno’s very-specific job requirements exclude Carla, among many others. He clearly wrote this with one person in mind.

sun

Reaction Score
The job description seems tailored for Jen Rizzotti.
UConn would need to pay her enough to lure her away from the Sun.
Whoever comes on board to help win a NC will get a lot of credit & praise going forward.

Reaction Score
The job description seems tailored for Jen Rizzotti.
UConn would need to pay her enough to lure her away from the Sun.
Whoever comes on board to help win a NC will get a lot of credit & praise going forward.

Rizotti has coached in zero national championship games. Cardoza on the other hand has a couple of rings too

sun

Reaction Score
Rizotti has coached in zero national championship games. Cardoza on the other hand has a couple of rings too
I think that's poorly worded & really intended to mean "has coached in multiple NCAA Tournament games."
Each & every NCAAT games is part of playing for the NC in the most general sense.
Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to require that qualification.
FWIW Geno basically has enough influence to hire anyone he chooses.

Last edited:

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
With all due respect, I never made any statements regarding whether or not the coaches I listed would be actual candidates for the position. I thought it was clearly stated in my first post the coaches I listed met the qualifications of the job posting. Have a Snickers bar and relax.
I'm perfectly relaxed. We're talking about an actual job posting not a trivia question. I thought the point of the thread -- who might be candidates for an assistant coach job at UConn -- was clearly stated. I guess there are some here who might be interested to know that an 82-year old retired head coach meets the requirements for an A1 Assistant Coach position in Storrs.

Reaction Score
This could be to make Jamelle's job official. I seem to recall that she was a quick (and somewhat reluctant) hire and might not have been considered permanent.

Reaction Score
I think that's poorly worded & really intended to mean "has coached in multiple NCAA Tournament games."
Each & every NCAAT games is part of playing for the NC in the most general sense.
Otherwise it wouldn't make much sense to require that qualification.
FWIW Geno basically has enough influence to hire anyone he chooses.

I’m pretty sure the intent is what it says. Geno already knows who he’s hiring. Just like he did with Morgan valley. Worded it just for her too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom