As Predicted By Anyone With A Brain, The ACC Is NOT Getting A TV Network | Page 18 | The Boneyard

As Predicted By Anyone With A Brain, The ACC Is NOT Getting A TV Network

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
There are two things UConn benefitted from ND: Invite to Hockey East (ND was school 11 and UConn was 12) and we got the pleasure of beating them in football at ND.

We got Weis fired! They even got the better of that!

Reaction Score

Damn right.

I have to remember that the Big East Ref screwjobs in ND-Pitt games of 04 and 09 were bitter medicine.

For bball we never made a big splash in the Big East and got slapped around in yr 1 of the ACC, so there is nothing to comment on yet.

Reaction Score

Weis losing "senior day" games to Syracuse and UConn in consecutive seasons pretty much sealed his fate. But most ND fans I know thought it was worth it to get him out of South Bend. So for that we thank you.

Reaction Score
In Rudy where the Dad says "there's only one team we watch in this house" was a joke written by the Hoosier screenwriter. But the Domers didn't hear it as a joke, just as dad stating the obvious.

That was a joke?

Reaction Score
I don't know - where do I start with the Irish fans?

For the most part, fairly intelligent people, but congenitally hamstrung by a mysticism that is, at once, overwrought and inexplicable.

Message to them - there is a whole big world out there that couldn't give a .. what ND does. Further, the rigorously channeled thinking that you are encouraged to follow only provides limitations to your enlightenment. Do us all (most importantly yourselves) a favor and broaden your perspective.

Reaction Score
The Irish are in an enviable place...they are a team that people care about and watch.

Either to cheer their losing or cheer their winning. Lovers or haters, the ratings don't care in their tally.

Reaction Score
This just in, ACC basketball still sucks and overrated. It is not a surprise they invited a commuter school with a scumbag coach to bring some basketball credence.

Coach K should really shut his pie hole next time talking about the ACC.

BTW, a big middle finger to the 2 ACCholes on the selection committee for over seeding every single ACC team while trying to screw the AAC.

Reaction Score

For the most part, fairly intelligent people, but congenitally hamstrung by a mysticism that is, at once, overwrought and inexplicable.

Message to them - there is a whole big world out there that couldn't give a .. what ND does. Further, the rigorously channeled thinking that you are encouraged to follow only provides limitations to your enlightenment. Do us all (most importantly yourselves) a favor and broaden your perspective.

What the Irish don't know about the rest of the NCAA is what makes us the Irish faithful and I feel like a Macmurrough for being here. Still, what Billybud said.

Reaction Score
I've had a grand time in a few stadiums..Columbus, Lincoln, Ann Arbor for instance....but I do have to say that outside of the fans at Nebraska, I have never met such hospitable fans as at South Bend.

Students were there to greet us, direct us...cheerful young folks. TD Jesus looked down benevolently that day, and we all chatted back and forth on the way out.

Avid football fans...but not rabid. And, believe me, there is a difference.

Reaction Score

+1. There is a dark side to Notre Dame. They that told the Big East that they would play the other members in football on a rotating basis, but never did. They covered up 2 players suspected of rape while they were on their run to play bama in the NC. Not to mention covering up the whole Manti Teo girlfriend issue until after the game even though they knew well ahead of the game. Do a search on the camera guy who was killed filming practice, they dont' want you to know about that. They are the kind of people who would stab you in the back at the first opportunity. Basically they have no morals and will do just about anything to better their brand even if it means stepping on others and lying to do so. They have had sweetheart deals during the BCS era for bowls and the new deal with the ACC is no different. Just wait until they take a bowl from FSU or Clemson. Notre Dame does what is best for them, they are in no way a team player.

Reaction Score
+1. There is a dark side to Notre Dame. They that told the Big East that they would play the other members in football on a rotating basis, but never did. They covered up 2 players suspected of rape while they were on their run to play bama in the NC. Not to mention covering up the whole Manti Teo girlfriend issue until after the game even though they knew well ahead of the game. Do a search on the camera guy who was killed filming practice, they dont' want you to know about that. They are the kind of people who would stab you in the back at the first opportunity. Basically they have no morals and will do just about anything to better their brand even if it means stepping on others and lying to do so. They have had sweetheart deals during the BCS era for bowls and the new deal with the ACC is no different. Just wait until they take a bowl from FSU or Clemson. Notre Dame does what is best for them, they are in no way a team player.

You created an account to spread bs about ND? Lord help me the day I bother to troll cOSU.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize I was trolling a ND board. Oh that 's right. Here to check out the realignment discussion. I'd like to see the Big 12 consider adding UConn and Cinci to get us back to 12 members and build a North divison with a strong basketball resume to balance out the more football focused South division. Not to mention adding some much needed TV markets, footprint, and recruiting areas.

If you think something I wrote is not true feel free to point it out.

That fact that your first response is to call me a troll and insult me indicates that you know what I wrote is true and dont' want to discuss specifics, instead you just change the subject and focus on me. Predictable response.

Do you want to discuss the rape coverup during the run to the NC? The coverup of the Teo girlfriend lie before th NC game but instead of coming clean allowed ESPN to continue to air the whole lie about a dead girlfriend. ND lied to the members of the BE when it promised to schedule football games against them. Did they keep that promise? Notre Dame sat on and I believe led the Big East expansion comittee to help expand and secure the future of the league, then proceded to leave and join the ACC (but only as a partial member). ND is not a football ACC member but secured access to ACC bowls and has it's own orange bowl deal.

Do you not see the pattern of sweetheart deals, coverups, and back stabbing? Do you realize how many people Notre Dame has lied to in just the last few years? Notre Dame is like cancer to a conference. You killed the Big East and have now leeched onto another confernece. Just wait until ND takes a bowl away from Clemson and FSU, they will throw a fit when that happens. Rightfuly so.

Great school and tradition but the pattern of recent behavior is embarassing IMO. What's really sad is Notre Dame did not manage to win 1 BCS game during the whole BCS era. Pretty sad when you consider all the advantages you have over other schools who managed to win BCS games during that time.

Reaction Score

Wow, a Michigan fan making assumptions and mind reading about a whole group of people, then goes for his real message, a thinly veiled shot at Catholicism.

It is not like we haven't seen/ heard this from Michigan folks since about, oh, 1910 or so.

He will come on here later and try to deny it, but that is his intent.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
There is an unfounded optimism with UConn fans that somehow UConn will earn its way into ESPN's good graces. I got a newsflash:

IT WILL NEVER HAPPEN

ESPN does not want us to succeed. If they did, they would have picked us over Pitt, Syracuse and Louisville for the ACC which is essentially their captive league. But they didn't. And if they haven't done it yet, they aren't going to do it in the future either.

So we can mock the ACC getting or not getting or kinda getting a network, but the reality is that no matter what happens, the ACC schools will get paid, and UConn will not. It is that simple, and it always will be that simple. So UConn can either find another network or get used to being broke.

Reaction Score
I don't think anything the poke wrote was undistorted. It was as grounded as whatever Putin says are Ukranian of war.

Reaction Score
Didn't realize I was trolling a ND board. Oh that 's right. Here to check out the realignment discussion. I'd like to see the Big 12 consider adding UConn and Cinci to get us back to 12 members and build a North divison with a strong basketball resume to balance out the more football focused South division. Not to mention adding some much needed TV markets, footprint, and recruiting areas.

If you think something I wrote is not true feel free to point it out.

That fact that your first response is to call me a troll and insult me indicates that you know what I wrote is true and dont' want to discuss specifics, instead you just change the subject and focus on me. Predictable response.

Do you want to discuss the rape coverup during the run to the NC? The coverup of the Teo girlfriend lie before th NC game but instead of coming clean allowed ESPN to continue to air the whole lie about a dead girlfriend. ND lied to the members of the BE when it promised to schedule football games against them. Did they keep that promise? Notre Dame sat on and I believe led the Big East expansion comittee to help expand and secure the future of the league, then proceded to leave and join the ACC (but only as a partial member). ND is not a football ACC member but secured access to ACC bowls and has it's own orange bowl deal.

Do you not see the pattern of sweetheart deals, coverups, and back stabbing? Do you realize how many people Notre Dame has lied to in just the last few years? Notre Dame is like cancer to a conference. You killed the Big East and have now leeched onto another confernece. Just wait until ND takes a bowl away from Clemson and FSU, they will throw a fit when that happens. Rightfuly so.

Great school and tradition but the pattern of recent behavior is embarassing IMO. What's really sad is Notre Dame did not manage to win 1 BCS game during the whole BCS era. Pretty sad when you consider all the advantages you have over other schools who managed to win BCS games during that time.

There is a lot to disagree about your post .

1) ND did not "cover up a rape" during " the run to the national championship".

I think that you are referring to the Lizzie Seeberg allegation that a football player touched her breast. That was in 2010, not 2012. ND did not cover anything up.

So, it wasn't a rape, wasn't in 2012 and wasn't a cover up

( If you want to talk about a rape cover up, look to Michigan's 5 year cover up of an alleged rape by its kicker).

2) I don 't recall the specifics of the T 'eo catfishing or when ND knew it, it may have been a couple of days before the game . And ? Perhaps ND didn't want the players distracted for the game (not that it mattered, lol).

3) ND never promised to play 3 BE members on a rotating basis, never said which venues and was never a home/home promise.

It was three teams, period. It was not every team. It was not a rotating basis promise . Pitt was already one, ND played one game with USF and one with UConn .

ND tried to schedule series with Rutgers and UConn but not as home/home, both turned down the terms ( their home games at Met Life and Gillette ). Both had good reasons, but that ended that.

4) The Declan Sullivan lift accident was a terrible tragedy but was exactly that, an accident. The Sullivan family worked with ND to promote lift safety, appreciated ND's response to Declan's death and agreed to a memorial to Declan on campus and a scholarship established by ND in his honor.

So, you have a few facts wrong in your narrative above.

Last edited:
Reaction Score

I think that you are referring to the Lizzie Seeberg allegation that a football player touched her breast. That was in 2010, not 2012. ND did not cover anything up.

So, it wasn't a rape, wasn't in 2012 and wasn't a cover up

( If you want to talk about a rape cover up, look to Michigan's 5 year cover up of an alleged rape by its kicker).

2) I don 't recall the specifics of the T 'eo catfishing or when ND knew it, it may have been a couple of days before the game . And ? Perhaps ND didn't want the players distracted fen the game (not that it mattered, lol).

3) ND never promised to play 3 BE members on a rotating basis. never said which venues and was never a home/ home promise.

It was three teams, period. It was not every team. It was not a rotating basis promise . Pitt was already one, ND played one game with USF and one with UConn .

ND tried to schedule series with Rutgers and UConn but not as home/home, both turned down the terms ( their home games at Met Life and Gillette .

4) The Declan Sullivan lift accident was a terrible tragedy but was exactly that, an accident. The Sullivan family worked with ND to promote lift safety, appreciated ND's response to Declan's death and agreed to a memorial to Declan on campus and a scholarship established by ND in his honor.

So, you have a few facts wrong in your narrative above.

The big one is that all of the real incidents were investigated by the state, who is generally not an ND fan.

There's some confusion about football scheduling plan with the Big East. Dr Kevin Goober White made statements that indicated that was his plan for the future, but that's not an agreement and is miles away from a contract.

Reaction Score

Really? Aee you that clueless about your own school. Here are the links.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...04/why-i-wont-be-cheering-for-old-notre-dame/

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/the-c...rity/notre-dame-case-highlight_b_2424480.html

In August 2010, 19-year-old freshman Lizzy Seeberg accused the athlete of sexually assaulting her in his dorm. She filed a report with campus police, which sat on it for two weeks before even interviewing him. By then, Seeberg had committed suicide. Administrators would later convene a closed-door campus disciplinary hearing--three months after Seeberg's death became national news--in which the player was found "not responsible." In the university's only direct comment on the case, Notre Dame's president, the Rev. John I. Jenkins, told the South Bend Tribune in December 2010 that university police had conducted a "thorough and judicious investigation that followed the facts..." He acknowledged, however, that the inquiry could have been conducted "more quickly, perhaps." The player, who has not been publicly identified, reportedly has never missed a game, nor presumably will he miss tonight's national championship contest with Alabama's Crimson Tide. Meanwhile, a small but vocal number of critics are asking pointed questions about how this case was handled, and wondering aloud whether Notre Dame's righteous rhetoric is really a fiction.

So, it wasn't a rape, wasn't in 2012 and wasn't a cover up. You have no clue what you are talking about.

2) I don 't recall the specifics of the T 'eo catfishing or when ND knew it, it may have been a couple of days before the game . And ? Perhaps ND didn't want the players distracted for the game (not that it mattered, lol).

So now you are going to play dumb on this. REally? ND knew it was fake but never told ESPN and slowed them to report the story thought the NC game. Not sure how you can act like this is false, it is absolutely 100% true. Brian Kelly knew, your AD knew, and did nothing. They could have stepped up and told ESPN the truth instead o allowing them to report what ND knew was not true. As usual they did what was best for ND.

3) ND never promised to play 3 BE members on a rotating basis, never said which venues and was never a home/home promise.

Are you that clueless or just defending your team? Notre dame never kept their word, never played each of the BE teams. You need to brush up on your Notre Dame knowledge.
http://www.uhnd.com/blog/notre-dame-football/a-little-notre-dame-big-east-scheduling-news/
The independent Fighting Irish will return to what was a long-time series with Pitt in 2008, and will visit the Carrier Dome in Syracuse in ‘08 (returning a 2005 Orange visit to South Bend, Ind).
ND, a Big East member in conference sports except football (and part of the league’s second-tier bowl agreements) has committed to playing each of the Big East eight teams in a rotating schedule starting in 2011.
The plan has the Irish playing three foes annually (one home, one road, one at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J.).
“Other than Pitt (future series), there’s nothing set,” Carparelli said. “Notre Dame is talking with Rutgers, UConn, Cincinnati and USF right now.”
Rutgers and Notre Dame reportedly have discussed playing six consecutive years (2010-15).

It was three teams, period. It was not every team. Wrong It was not a rotating basis promise Wrong. Pitt was already one, ND played one game with USF and one with UConn . What about the rest of the conference? Thanks for proving my point. Notre dame lied and you sir are clueless.

ND tried to schedule series with Rutgers and UConn but not as home/home, both turned down the terms ( their home games at Met Life and Gillette ). Both had good reasons, but that ended that.

4) The Declan Sullivan lift accident was a terrible tragedy but was exactly that, an accident. The Sullivan family worked with ND to promote lift safety, appreciated ND's response to Declan's death and agreed to a memorial to Declan on campus and a scholarship established by ND in his honor. Hey you got one right!!! Good job.

So, you have a few facts wrong in your narrative above. No, I proved I was right.

Did Notre Dame head up the Big East expansion committee? Then did they decide to leave the conference? Do you think that could be considered backstabbing since they were in charge of securing the future of the conference then immediately decided to leave for the ACC. That was cold blooded.

Fell free to make more ridiculous statements. I have proven my points with links and facts. You just made a complete fool of yourself for not reason. Keep up the good work.

Reaction Score
Fell free to make more ridiculous statements. I have proven my points with links and facts. You just made a complete fool of yourself for not reason. Keep up the good work.

The "sexual assault" that you reference = touching her breast. The allegation by Ms. Seeberg was not about an alleged rape.

Your own links show that. I will address the rest of your post later.

Reaction Score
The "s e xual assault" that you reference = touching her breast. The allegation by Ms. Seeberg was not about an alleged rape.

Your own links show that. I will address the rest of your post later.

So now you want to debate what is a sexual assault? C-mon man. I know you are better than this.

Do you really think the girl cried foul and committed suicide because a player touched her breast???

Do you not realize there was not 1 but 2 players on the 2012 team accuse do sexual assault and rape?

http://www.thenation.com/blog/17204...-state-two-rape-scandals-only-one-cry-justice#
Notre Dame and Penn State: Two Rape Scandals, Only One Cry for Justice

As unbeaten Notre Dame prepares to play in tonight’s national championship game against Alabama, the sports media have chosen not to discuss the fact that this football team has two players on its roster suspected of sexual assault and rape; two players whose crimes have been ignored; two players whose accusers felt harassed and intimidated; two players whose presence on the field Monday night should be seen as a national disgrace.
The main reason this is taking place is because their accusers are not pressing charges. One cannot, because she is dead. Nineteen-year-old Lizzy Seeberg, a student at neighboring St. Mary’s College, took her own life after her claims of being assaulted in a dorm room were met with threats and indifference. The other accuser, despite description of a brutal rape, won’t file charges—“
absolutely 100%”—because of what Seeberg experienced.
Lizzy Seeberg was a first semester freshman and from a family of Notre Dame graduates. After an evening when she socialized with members of the football team, Lizzy came forward with accusations of a sexual assault. After writing out a statement and submitting to medical attention, she received texts from another member of the team
that read, “Don’t do anything you would regret” and “Messing with Notre Dame football is a bad idea.”

Just let me know if you want me to provide more proof as there is plenty out there. The fact that you are being compared to Penn State should be a big eye opener for you. That is how your school is viewed by many, rightfully so, after you read about what has gone on.

Reaction Score
I don't think anything the poke wrote was undistorted. It was as grounded as whatever Putin says are Ukranian of war.
So you decide to make a joke about Russia instead of being a man and admitting that what I wrote was true. Heck I have provided links to every point I made. You have failed to prove any of your points to be true. The fact that you are afraid to actually debate the individual points pretty much proves that you know I am right and at this point all you want to do is change the subject. Take responsibility for what has happened and stop pretending that it is not true and will go away. It will not go away no matter how many times you claim it is not true. It happened. a girl is dead. Deal with it like an adult.

Reaction Score
Hey, I too, know Ukrainian geography...I can especially recognize the Crimea River.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom