As Predicted By Anyone With A Brain, The ACC Is NOT Getting A TV Network | Page 17 | The Boneyard

As Predicted By Anyone With A Brain, The ACC Is NOT Getting A TV Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Creative writing? Iowa has got to hang her hat on something.

Not always but a lot of top researcher Profs think of undergraduate education as a PITA chore.

A Clemson prof. has more classes, would have to put in 80 hours a week just to keep up with the prof. at NC State. When someone is choosing between NC State and Clemson, they will certainly choose NC State.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
There are institutions that were formulated NOT to be research institutions and do stress humanities, arts, law, etc.

FSU, for instance, is legislatively mandated to have a family practice med school while U of Florida has a research med school with Shands Hospital.

The FSU law school was rated the best in Florida and the writing and the arts courses have a stellar reputation. Hollywood screenwriters, authors and film makers (the film course is well known and regarded)

No to say that there is not research...chemistry, meteorology, physics, etc...just that FSU has a lot more non research oriented tracks.

The national high magnetic field lab is HQ'd at FSU (took over from MIT) and includes Los Alamos. Superconductivity is a major research item.

Reaction Score
There are institutions that were formulated NOT to be research institutions and do stress humanities, arts, law, etc.

FSU, for instance, is legislatively mandated to have a family practice med school while U of Florida has a research med school with Shands Hospital.

The FSU law school was rated the best in Florida and the writing and the arts courses have a stellar reputation. Hollywood screenwriters, authors and film makers (the film course is well known and regarded)

No to say that there is not research...chemistry, meteorology, physics, etc...just that FSU has a lot more non research oriented tracks.

The national high magnetic field lab is HQ'd at FSU (took over from MIT) and includes Los Alamos. Superconductivity is a major research item.

FSU is in one of the top classes of national universities. There are hundreds or thousands I'd rank below. Every school shoots to improve, and improvement simply means a higher level of research/publication, better students, and more support.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
What FSU needs is not a research program but a basketball coach...[
FSU is not UConn's friend. It doesn't matter where they are ranked academically and this whole thread has nothing to do with CR. The major enemies of UConn are FSU and BC. Don't forget it.

Reaction Score
FSU is no more an enemy of UConn then the SEC is an enemy of FSU. Each institution looks to fulfill their own needs.

Reaction Score
This has become a stupid thread completely consumed by Out of Conference trolls... could mods please delete it... it has nothing to do with UCONN in CR anymore

pj

Reaction Score
This has become a stupid thread completely consumed by Out of Conference trolls... could mods please delete it... it has nothing to do with UCONN in CR anymore

All threads will have nothing to do with CR, until something happens to make things change. No need to delete anything, just leave for the sports boards and come back when there is news.

Reaction Score
All threads will have nothing to do with CR, until something happens to make things change. No need to delete anything, just leave for the sports boards and come back when there is news.
Seriously. And most of these posters aren't trolls...they're just fans of different teams. I, for one, enjoy a different perspective now and then.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If it wasn't for idle speculation, rumors with no basis in fact and the occasional visitors from parts unknown, there'd be nothing to do here but stare at white space.

Just wait two years and see what this board is like.

Reaction Score
I like the fan boards in general. NDnation lives in an Irish bubble, not knowing nor caring much about the rest of the college landscape.

Reaction Score
Yes. "O wad some Power the giftie gie us To see oursels as ithers see us!"
Loved the Scottish burr......sounds like my Uncle Angus on Cape Breton Isle in the gaelic strongholds in 1965.....where'd ya get the quote? Robbie Burn's?".... Dunna til MacGregor lad he wouldna oonderstend"Was what my old uncle Colm Mor Mackinnon hiding the Scotch as a visitor approaches would say in his thrift.

Reaction Score
I like the fan boards in general. NDnation lives in an Irish bubble, not knowing nor caring much about the rest of the college landscape.

Absolutely true. Most ND alumni and fans don't care at all about conference realignment, other schools or conferences in general. Almost none will visit another school's message board, ever.

They mostly stay on ND boards and argue with each other over whether Brian Kelly is a lousy coach who should be fired and whether things like Field Turf, piped in music and Jumbotrons should be banned forever from Notre Dame Stadium.

So far, only piped in music has happened. That alone has sent most alumni into white hot anger bordering on outrage.

Reaction Score
Absolutely true. Most ND alumni and fans don't care at all about conference realignment, other schools or conferences in general. Almost none will visit another school's message board, ever.

They mostly stay on ND boards and argue with each other over whether Brian Kelly is a lousy coach who should be fired and whether things like Field Turf, piped in music and Jumbotrons should be banned forever from Notre Dame Stadium.

So far, only piped in music has happened. That alone has sent most alumni into white hot anger bordering on outrage.
You ND guys here on the BY are refreshingly honest......if what you've guy's said wasn't the case I might still root for ND but the honesty is heartening from a base that's so locked-in to purely Irish all the time! The Yankee's BB fan's whom I still like and follow are the only thing close and honestly I get bored.

Reaction Score
You ND guys here on the BY are refreshingly honest.if what you've guy's said wasn't the case I might still root for ND but the honesty is heartening from a base that's so locked-in to purely Irish all the time! The Yankee's BB fan's whom I still like and follow are the only thing close and honestly I get bored.

In Rudy where the Dad says "there's only one team we watch in this house" was a joke written by the Hoosier screenwriter. But the Domers didn't hear it as a joke, just as dad stating the obvious.

Reaction Score
If ND joined the ACC, then UConn would accompany them. There is no love lost here for ND and their arrogance.

Reaction Score
Keeeeerist! Notre Dame is arrogant?

Guess that I missed that while living here in SEC country where arrogance is considered a birth right and a virtue.

Reaction Score
If ND joined the ACC, then UConn would accompany them. There is no love lost here for ND and their arrogance.

So ND is supposed to go against its own best interests to help UConn?

ND strongly believes independence is its best option to further its interests and goals.

Would UConn go against its own best interests by turning down an ACC offer to stay in the AAC to help Cincinnati??

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Notre Dame certainly benefitted from their relationship to UConn - their men's hoop program was likely enhanced by associating with UConn and their success and they basically built a women's hoop program entirely on an association with UConn.

Hard to say what UConn got out of the deal.

Reaction Score
Notre Dame certainly benefitted from their relationship to UConn - their men's hoop program was likely enhanced by associating with UConn and their success and they basically built a women's hoop program entirely on an association with UConn.

Hard to say what UConn got out of the deal.

There are two things UConn benefitted from ND: Invite to Hockey East (ND was school 11 and UConn was 12) and we got the pleasure of beating them in football at ND.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom