As Predicted By Anyone With A Brain, The ACC Is NOT Getting A TV Network | Page 19 | The Boneyard

As Predicted By Anyone With A Brain, The ACC Is NOT Getting A TV Network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
So you decide to make a joke about Russia instead of being a man and admitting that what I wrote was true. Heck I have provided links to every point I made. You have failed to prove any of your points to be true. The fact that you are afraid to actually debate the individual points pretty much proves that you know I am right and at this point all you want to do is change the subject. Take responsibility for what has happened and stop pretending that it is not true and will go away. It will not go away no matter how many times you claim it is not true. It happened. a girl is dead. Deal with it like an adult.

Good grief. You linked blogs and the Huffpo as your evidence? Bear in mind those passionate editorialists researched them using message board posts like yours. Would you change your mind if I cited the wikipedia after I myself changed it.

I repeat again, the (real) police investigated Seeburg's claim. And there's not a prosecutor in the state who wouldn't launch his career upward by busting high profile football players. No rape charges et al were filed because it never happened.

Reaction Score
If it appears as a fact on more then one internet forum..it is a fact.

Reaction Score
Good grief. You linked blogs and the Huffpo as your evidence? Bear in mind those passionate editorialists researched them using message board posts like yours. Would you change your mind if I cited the wikipedia after I myself changed it.

I repeat again, the (real) police investigated Seeburg's claim. And there's not a prosecutor in the state who wouldn't launch his career upward by busting high profile football players. No rape charges et al were filed because it never happened.
My god you sound just like a PSU fan. One of the articles was written by a ND alumni, how is that biased? The link about ND agreeing to play the members of the Big East was from a Notre Dame board for gods sake. Now you are claiming that your own alumni and message boards are biased against ND. Is it just another conspiracy to keep ND down? Your response was an epic fail.

Wake up and see what is so obvious to everyone else.

As far as the girl who committed suicide. There was never a real investigation done by police. The articles were pretty clear, that is why so many people were upset about those kids still playing.

You think this sounds like a real investigation?? 6 months later after she was dead? Time to admit you are wrong.

At the time of her death, 10 days after reporting the attack to campus police, who have jurisdiction for even the most serious crimes on school property, investigators still had not interviewed the accused. It took them five more days after she died to get around to that, though they investigated Lizzy herself quite thoroughly, even debriefing a former roommate at another school with whom she’d clashed.
Six months laterafter the story had become national news — Notre Dame did convene a closed-door disciplinary hearing. The player testified that until he actually met with police, he hadn’t even known why they wanted to speak to him — though his buddy who’d warned Lizzy not to mess with Notre Dame football had spoken to investigators 13 days earlier. He was found “not responsible,” and never sat out a game.
dadbday-300x225.jpg

My family celebrating with my dad, John Henneberger, Notre Dame Class of ’44, on his birthday, the same day the above photo of Lizzy Seeberg was taken, Saturday, Sept. 4, 2010.

A few months later, a resident assistant in a Notre Dame dorm drove a freshman to the hospital for a rape exam after receiving an S.O.S. call. “She said she’d been raped by a member of the football team at a party off campus,” the R.A. told me. I also spoke to the R.A.’s parents, who met the young woman that same night, when their daughter brought her to their home after leaving the hospital. They said they saw — and reported to athletic officials — a hailstorm of texts from other players, warning the young woman not to report what had happened: “They were trying to silence this girl,” the R.A.’s father told me. And did; no criminal complaint was ever filed.

Reaction Score
This is from the prosecutor's report itself:

"
There were two separate allegations made by Ms. Seeberg against two separate individuals, both of
whom were students at the University of Notre Dame and one of which who was also an athlete.
First, there was the allegation of Sexual Battery, specifically the touching of her breasts. Secondly,
there was a complaint about text messages received by Ms. Seeberg. She never made an allegation
of rape nor does the evidence even suggest a rape occurred as some media outlets have mistakenly
reported."

http://media.trb.com/media/acrobat/2010-12/272335660-16095122.pdf

By the way, the same report states that the prosecutor declined to go forward. Ms. Seeberg's allegations statements and cell phone records were inconsistent with her allegations:

" OnlyMs. Seeberg and the student-athlete were present during the alleged battery. Conflicts exist among
the witnesses' accounts
of the events given to the police. Subpoenaed cell phone records are
inconsistent with parts of the complaint itself.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don't know how things work in Stillwater but, graduating from ND in no way means you give your school the benefit of the doubt. About 15% of the students and 100% of the campus newspaper staff thought themselves infallible and that the administration was only correct inasmuch as they agreed with the 19 year old gurus.

The delay story was debunked and exists only as internet mythology. The police interviewed those involved once they had reason to do so.

Btw Mr Seeburg can sue the University any time he wants. Surely he's not passing on a potential multi-million dollar award with such a well researched case right?

Reaction Score
We were both right on the Big East deal, as far as I can tell:

"The Irish, a member of the Big East in all sports except football, will play three Big East teams each football season on a home-and-home basis. All eight conference teams will face the Irish.

The news, hinted at for months, came after Big East meetings in Ponte Vedra, Fla., where Notre Dame athletic director Kevin White first confirmed the games.

"We told (Big East Commissioner) Mike Tranghese not to expect us to become members if we did this," said Notre Dame associate athletic director John Heisler. "But the Big East has been a very beneficial relationship for us, and Mike T. encouraged us to do what we could, specifically if we would consider the prospect of making more of a commitment."

Pitt had already signed Notre Dame to an eight-game deal from 2006-2015, in addition to this year's season opener at Heinz Field. The Panthers' games will count towards Notre Dame's three games each year.

Notre Dame did not ask for a two-for-one deal, Heisler said. Notre Dame will play one of the three Big East teams on a yearly basis -- expected to be Rutgers or Connecticut -- at the Meadowlands in New Jersey, reportedly for recruiting and alumni purposes."

http://bluegraysky.blogspot.com/2005/05/weekend-scraps.html

So, ND was going to play 3 Big East games a year. One was always going to be Pitt. One was always going to be at the Meadowlands, against either Rutgers or UConn . There was going to be one other BE school per year.

When the Rutgers/UConn games at the Meadowlands blew up, that was the end of the deal. It was never intended to be three true home/home games per year. ND already played Pitt every year and that would always count as one of the three games.

Really, ND only promised to play two more BE opponents and then only if one of those "away" games were always held at the Meadowlands instead of at Rutgers or UConn's home stadium.

One of the other two games was always going to be at ND and at the Meadowlands. When the Meadowlands deals blew up, that was the end of that.

"A neutral-site game isn't the only thing the university is working on.

It is also considering having an agreement with the Big East Conference, in which most of its other athletic teams compete, to play at least three football games a year against Big East opponents. The university would hope to play at least one of those three games at Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, N.J., a site that has hosted the Irish 11 times."

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/...ite-athletic-director-john-heisler-notre-dame

Reaction Score
A note to our visitors - can you not muck up our board with this nonsense?
Yeah I would actually rather discuss Realignment in a Realignment forum. But some people have ND Derangement Syndrome to the point that they can't help themselves but go off topic with rants, usually counterfactual.

I just accepted if I use the NDJ avatar I have do the ritual forum cleansing.

Reaction Score
Fishy:

I am done. I only responded to Okielite's statements about "rape" and a "run up to the title game", both of which are totally false.

Reaction Score
A note to our visitors - can you not muck up our board with this nonsense?
My apologies. Arguing with ND fans on a UConn board was not my intent. I just came in right when Notre Dame was being discussed. I simply hate it when people spread misinformation and pretend that things that these things never happened. Fortunately I was able to document my points and prove that they were valid and did indeed happen. Claiming that hundreds of articles about these incidents are made up is simply not an realistic option at this point. The evidence is overwhelming to say the least.

Some people just continue to deny, deny, deny no matter how much proof you put in their face. Much like PSU fans ND fans are loyal to a point it is almost sad. They simply can't seem to see what is obvious to those looking from the outside.

So when is UConn going to join the Big 12 with Cinci?

Reaction Score
My apologies. Arguing with ND fans on a UConn board was not my intent. I just came in right when Notre Dame was being discussed. I simply hate it when people spread misinformation and pretend that things that these things never happened. Fortunately I was able to document my points and prove that they were valid and did indeed happen. Claiming that hundreds of articles about these incidents are made up is simply not an realistic option at this point. The evidence is overwhelming to say the least.

Some people just continue to deny, deny, deny no matter how much proof you put in their face. Much like PSU fans ND fans are loyal to a point it is almost sad. They simply can't seem to see what is obvious to those looking from the outside.

I link the prosecutor's statement yet you still insist you are right? OK....

Reaction Score

LOL what is so obvious? Regurgitating nonsense put out by media hacks? I've seen your diatribes on PSU and you are not even in the ball park of what happened or did not happen in State College. The trials of Curley, Shultz and Spanier are going to be very eye opening to the general population as a whole, not to mention the dirt that will be dug up on the NCAA by the Paterno Legal Team. Painting any group be it PSU or ND Fans with such a wide brush is never a good idea. Oklahoma State is in no position to take a moral high ground on anyone. Apologies to our hosts. Rant over.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
One of my favorite things about this board is the extremely light hand our mods use in deciding to ban someone. It is extremely rare. I don't care if they criticize a UCONN team, ridicule posters, impugn our coaches, or make off-color or un-PC remarks, the board polices itself with appropriate scorn and derision when necessary.

What I can't *ing stand is posters from other schools that come here and engage in idiotic arguments about *t that has nothing to do with UCONN. I beg the mods to warn them once and then ban those motherf*ers.

Reaction Score
Funny how people say they are done but they still keep digging themselves deeper in the ground. PSU fans who act like the Sandusky scandal never happened never cease to amaze me. I guess we just dont' want to believe our school would do those kind of things and are willing to let that prevent us from seeing what is so obvious to people looking in from the outside.

Lets get back to realignment talk.
UConn is in a tough situation right now but I just don't see how they will be there for long. The school has too much going for it to be stuck in the AAC long term. As I have said before I think the Big 12 should consider adding UConn with Cinci to get back to 12. Would make a nice North division where basketball was really strong. The Big 12 will be much better off challenging the B1G or ACC in their footprint instead of challenging the SEC in the South. Adding the #2 brand in Ohio and challenging the B1G seems like good opportunity. Adding a state flagship like UConn would be a great add for the conference. I think that maintaining BB success and winning the AAC in FB would help UConn tremendously. Right now there are many non power conference schools that want in and likely only a few will make it. Schools like UCF, USF, Houston, SMU, Bosie, BYU, Memphis, etc.. all know how important the next 5 years will be. If schools like UCF can maintain their success they have a good shot at getting into a better conference IMO.

So are UConn fans interested in the Big 12 or would you rather wait and see if a B1G or ACC invite happens first?
What about joining the Big East in all sports and joining the Big 12 as a FB only member? I know that there has been some discussion about BYU and 1 more FB only school joining the Big 12.

So what are the thoughts on the streaming ACC network? Seems like many ACC fans expected this and don't think they will have a regular network like other conferences. But there are other ACC fans who think that they will have a SEC network in the next few years. Seems to me that the ACC screwed up when they sold their content to Raycom, who in turn sold some to Fox. I don't think they had a plan to form a network until recently, now they realize they screwed up. Now they need that content back to form a network and unless Raycom and Fox can make money off the deal they have little if any incentive to do so. In the end these streaming networks might be really popular in the future as it seems like a simple way to access the content you want to see. The trick is going to be figuring out a way to make money off of a streaming network as it takes a huge amount of subscribers to make any kind of real money. I think the ACC has some schools who have enough fans to do this but there are other schools who simply dont' have the fanbase. Duke for example had its' best year in history last year, and still struggled to get 20k people at a couple of home games. They likely have enough BB interest to offset the lack of FB support but what about schools like Wake? Could they sign up enough subscribers to make real money, I doubt it.

Reaction Score
I don't know how things work in Stillwater but, graduating from ND in no way means you give your school the benefit of the doubt. About 15% of the students and 100% of the campus newspaper staff thought themselves infallible and that the administration was only correct inasmuch as they agreed with the 19 year old gurus.

The delay story was debunked and exists only as internet mythology. The police interviewed those involved once they had reason to do so.

Btw Mr Seeburg can sue the University any time he wants. Surely he's not passing on a potential multi-million dollar award with such a well researched case right?
The Seeburg case has had some fairly extensive real media coverage as well and ND, the South Bend police and the ND police all look pretty much the same.

I suggest you read this from the National Catholic Reporter (clearly a blog with an agenda):
http://ncronline.org/news/accountab...tre-dame-campus-leaves-more-questions-answers
To read, delete the spaces. I hope you noted the actual text that article showed.

Not good enough, how about the Chicago Tribune (one of ND's flagship newspapers):
http://articles.chicagotribune.com/..._1_sexual-attack-campus-police-sexual-assault

and of course from the mouth of the living person involved (on Valentines Day no less) that he didn't do nuthin, as a matter of fact I stopped it:
http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20140223/SPORTS0203/302230034
Kelly and ND told him to keep his yap shut. That doesn't concern anyone, does it? Not the least bit like a cover up. They got the police to close the case so just shut up. Shembo probably doesn't realize that yapping now still opens him up to a potential lawsuit and having to testify under oath.

All of this makes it look like a perfectly run and detailed investigation (sacrasm intended) with no dragging by ND or the police.

Finally, to suggest that father whose daughter committed suicide over a s exual assault is seeking a multi-million dollar award is really distasteful and disrespectful. It makes you look like an apologist.

Now, would you care to explain how the poor kid that died when Kelly told him to climb up a tower on a day withe high wind warnings was not Kelly's or the school's fault?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So are UConn fans interested in the Big 12 or would you rather wait and see if a B1G or ACC invite happens first?
What about joining the Big East in all sports and joining the Big 12 as a FB only member? I know that there has been some discussion about BYU and 1 more FB only school joining the Big 12.
Ideally, B1G or ACC. I think there's a danger to being on an island, as West Virginia and BC learned.

But...UConn is pretty much already on an island, since Temple is our closest geographical rival. If the administration knows nothing is coming from the B1G or ACC, they'd be foolish not to join the B12.

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious at this point that the real key for UConn's entry is a couple strong football seasons. I think the majority opinion often gets skewed online too. Most Syracuse fans want UConn in the ACC, it's just the message board bickering folk who stick their tongues out at UConn for being in the American.

Reaction Score
It's pretty obvious at this point that the real key for UConn's entry is a couple strong football seasons. I think the majority opinion often gets skewed online too. Most Syracuse fans want UConn in the ACC, it's just the message board bickering folk who stick their tongues out at UConn for being in the American.
I agree 100%. Honestly if UConn had beat OU in the BCS game I think that would have made a big difference in the football credibility of UConn. They need big wins and a couple of conference championships in the next 5 years on top of maintaining the BB success.

In the end it seems like ESPN would go to bat for UConn but for some reason they haven't yet. Isn't ESPN based in Connecticut? Give tax incentives to ESPN?

Reaction Score
okielite said:
I agree 100%. Honestly if UConn had beat OU in the BCS game I think that would have made a big difference in the football credibility of UConn. They need big wins and a couple of conference championships in the next 5 years on top of maintaining the BB success.

In the end it seems like ESPN would go to bat for UConn but for some reason they haven't yet. Isn't ESPN based in Connecticut? Give tax incentives to ESPN?

Uconn very clearly has no friends at ESPN.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Facinating.

No wait, the other thing. Tedious.

Reaction Score

We give ESPN tons of tax incentives. It helps that ESPN has hired pretty much every lobbyist in Hartford.

Oh, and we also gave ESPN $250MM to build Digital Center 2 (or is it 3?) which will be ESPN's new main studio for SportsCenter and most other east coast studio programming.

When it comes to ESPN, no good deed goes unpunished. Just ask Gary Bettman and the NHL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom