Arkansas Post Game Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Post Game Thread

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Shortly before I left work this evening a thought passed through my head that worried me as it seemed to convey far too much confidence. It was if they try to stop our three point shooting they won't be able to handle Sanogo/Clingan and if they try to stop our centers, they won't be able to handle our three point shooting.

Reaction Score
I’d say winning tonight was more important than whatever happens in the other game. I’d say exponentially but that would be understating it.

Beyond that, it’s two good teams. It’s not exactly UVA-Chaminade.

Can’t believe 3 people liked that

Reaction Score
A Masterclass by Hurley. You could see all day they wanted to force switches and we played incredible defense. Alex defended guys more athletic and bigger than him and had great positioning. I knew we had it when Alex baseballed it to Andre to Clingan. I love this team. What a game.
Couldn’t agree more. He knew Arkansas didn’t shoot threes and re-tooled to keep them from driving to the hole. A+ performance.

Reaction Score
Shortly before I left work this evening a thought passed through my head that worried me as it seemed to convey far too much confidence. It was if they try to stop our three point shooting they won't be able to handle Sanogo/Clingan and if they try to stop our centers, they won't be able to handle our three point shooting.
I’m still worried that in a close game we won’t know how to close it out, but if we play our best game 3 more times I’m not sure anyone elses’s best game can beat us.

Reaction Score
I thought the game would be really sloppy on both sides. Surprised how clinical we were. We look very polished. I still went crazy when we couldn't in bounds the ball. Hawkins and Alleyne alievated my pain.

Reaction Score
A Masterclass by Hurley. You could see all day they wanted to force switches and we played incredible defense. Alex defended guys more athletic and bigger than him and had great positioning. I knew we had it when Alex baseballed it to Andre to Clingan. I love this team. What a game.
We haven't switched all year, we're way too good at our coverage for that to be needed. Great scheme by Hurley in this one. Switched up our coverages a lot. Some drop, some show and under, some hedges and recover. In general a lot less aggressive and softer than normal. They couldn't get downhill at all.

I'm a little shocked they didn't attack Karaban more off the dribble with their 4th guard. I have to watch again, I wonder if we were switching off ball to prevent it, I didn't see.

Reaction Score
This may not belong on this thread, but can we talk about how ABSOLUTELY OVERRATED the Big 10 is? My goodness… 9 teams in the dance, including a #1 seed, and ONE team makes it to the second weekend and (IMO) promptly chokes, so none of their teams make the Elite 8? C’mon man…

Reaction Score
Very bad matchup for them. 2 starters cant score. Was jackson at 3 point line times 2 until hurley finally moved him to baseline. Easy to defend 3 with 5. I live in south and have seen most Arkansas games. We will need to play high level next round. Hope we bring our a game
The great thing about the Big East gauntlet we went through is that we figured out how to counter all the ways to beat our stuff. Maybe someone will come up with something novel now, but we're great at beating the beaters, as it were.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’d say winning tonight was more important than whatever happens in the other game. I’d say exponentially but that would be understating it.

Beyond that, it’s two good teams. It’s not exactly UVA-Chaminade.

Can’t believe 3 people liked that
I don’t even know which of these teams he think is the easier opponent.

Reaction Score
Wasn’t thrilled with the refs tonight. Adama hacked 3x before they called a travel on him.
They weren’t great but still better than the inconsistent overzealous big East crew…

Reaction Score
Cuz I'm Happy, Happy, Happy!!

1679624409159.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24