Arkansas Post Game Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Hurley deserves serious Coach of the Year consideration. Except for the dry stretch in the middle of the Big East games, UConn has been pretty dominant all year. Instead of being dragged down by those close losses, the team has learned from those experiences and is a much more focused and coordinated team on both ends the last 6 weeks. That's mostly on Hurley. They are now a machine! You saw it tonight.
If the big east sends 2 to the final four it may open eyes to what January was like.

Reaction Score
One thing I hate about the NCAA Tournament is how teams get significant time to prepare for the opening round and Sweet 16 games, but then they cram the Elite 8, Final 4 and Final down teams' thoughts. There should be more spacing.

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score
August's mojo curfuffle strikes again.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Sure is looking like Gonzaga now.

Reaction Score
They said on CBS Sports Network that UConn is only the second 4 seed or lower in history to win their first three games of the tourney by 15 or more. Does anyone know who the other one is?

Also, they said that Rick Barnes is the only coach in history go out of the tourney 5 straight times to lower seeds.

Reaction Score
That game was too easy with the shift that Hurley did from defend the 3 defense to a defend the drive defense. The announcers were saying he started this out later in the season as driving got so bad against us. I guess we have been better recently with it and definitely in this game. I thought it was a key point since Arkansas couldn't get any easy baskets and they don't run good offense or shoot well. The Gonzaga matchup will be different as they are the opposite type of team. Better in running offense, good shooting but not too athletic or good on defense. It should be a high scoring game. I hope Hawkins keeps his hot streak and we can ride him to Championship. I will be there in Houston if we win for sure. That would be my 5th time to see UCONN in the final four. My brother and I have been to all the Texas championships so can't wait to go again.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
That was a 40 minute Randy Marsh meme.
1679657148556.gif

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
This may not belong on this thread, but can we talk about how ABSOLUTELY OVERRATED the Big 10 is? My goodness… 9 teams in the dance, including a #1 seed, and ONE team makes it to the second weekend and (IMO) promptly chokes, so none of their teams make the Elite 8? C’mon man…
They are over rated every year. The selection committee clearly has always favored them and except for Michigan St they all stink especially when the get to the tournament.

Reaction Score
A very impressive win with a team and coaching staff on a mission. Loved seeing the wave of subs. That created confusion among the Hogs. Our depth and matchups are an opposing coach's nightmare. Our players are invested in winning.

It's amazing how the coaching staff was able to integrate the transfers and their willingness to fit into the scheme in one season. The double bigs we have are perhaps the greatest challenge. They play such a different role. A wave of defense replaces a wave of offense. What a ride this season has been on our surfboard. Thanks!

caw

Reaction Score
So was thinking last night, is Castle UConn's Black next year? Seems like a distinct possibility Castle can bring a similar game and numbers to UConn next year.

Reaction Score
Right now with an Elite 8 birth - where does Adama rank all time for UConn greats? Has he cracked the top 10?

Reaction Score
So was thinking last night, is Castle UConn's Black next year? Seems like a distinct possibility Castle can bring a similar game and numbers to UConn next year.
black has actually been my comp for castle basically all year. i think castle is going to look similar, at least -- he will TOWER over most college guards.

Reaction Score
Right now with an Elite 8 birth - where does Adama rank all time for UConn greats? Has he cracked the top 10?
This will be a 9 page post season thread I think. I would think between 10 and 15 right now though with potential to ascend over the next 10 days

Reactions: caw

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahmed69

Top Bottom