Arkansas Post Game Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Post Game Thread

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
They went at him a few times and it didn’t work. He is MILES ahead of where he was defensively earlier this year.
They often say “he’s not a freshman anymore “. With Alex, it’s like he skipped straight to Junior. Knew he was a smart, crafty player but he’s just soaking things up now. Now he just needs to add the physical piece

Reaction Score
Hi Guys!

This UConn team really "COULD-GO-ALL-THE-WAY." Coaches & players firing on all cylinders. Players playing together the best since starting 14-0. Playing loose & playing their roles. Not being intimidated by "mansize" teams of exceptional athletes, from greater conferences or coaches with greater reputations. We're taking on them All this year! And winning!

Elite 8! Ya know, it's hasn't been that long since lame Kevin Ollie's ever-complaining face, horrible offense & very weak players were patrolling the sidelines of Gampel. And with the rush of great NIL transfers infusing the Huskies this year, making us the deepest UConn team of all time, these Huskies are just so much fun to watch, coming together at the right time.

I played in the NCAA tournament in the 60's. Lost in the semi's one year. Life changing experience & memories. It has its own energy for lifetime hoopsters like myself.

Been getting tons of calls from former teammates & opponents, reminiscing about the days when basketball was a low-rent cult for tall boys. Ha! Thanks to UConn for rekindling those connections.

I Love the energy that this UConn team brings to my life. I want this program to be a top 10 fixture every year. Let's enjoy the ride, boys! Thanks for everything!

Father Demo

Reaction Score
FB_IMG_1679601142299.jpg

Reaction Score
Question: Can any team in this tournament beat us on the boards? Or from the center position? Tennessee?

Father Demo

Reaction Score
Me neither. Now 5 people have liked it and I bet between them and Nelson, 3 want UCLA and 3 want the Zags.
If Bona is still injured for UCLA, I'd rather play UCLA. Big loss for them in the middle.

Reaction Score
Checking in from the bar. Holy cr@p was that impressive. I think we're all thinking the same thing, let's not get ahead of ourselves...

But we kind of have that look.
If we can actually link two halves together of not turning it over much….It’s insane how good we can be.

1999GoodSon

Lies, damn lies, and statistics.
Reaction Score
Agree on the last part especially. For such a high ranking defense, I was a bit surprised by how slow they seemed. Didn't get around screens all that well and it felt like hawk newt and AJ were able to drive right past them all night
They were completely gassed. Our athleticism, speed and depth with fresh legs nuked them. Andre brings the ball up so fast that we're shooting before they get their defense set.

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Pretty dominating ironically almost UNLV dominant…….pretty amazing.

Huskyforlife

Akokbouk
Reaction Score
It feels even better to blowout that classless dweeb of a head coach. Hope this loss was humbling.

Reaction Score
Favorite play… Clingan dunk. The one where Jackson threw the allyoop…after Karaban threw the 60 foot baseball pass from the rebound he grabbed. The ball never touched the ground! Reminded me of the old days!

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Checking in from the bar. Holy cr@p was that impressive. I think we're all thinking the same thing, let's not get ahead of ourselves...

But we kind of have that look.
It'll either be UCLA or Gonzaga, and they are both very good teams. I think we're better, but we have to bring it against whichever one survives tonight just like we did against Arkansas. But yeah, we have that look. Really strong tonight.

Reaction Score
This may not belong on this thread, but can we talk about how ABSOLUTELY OVERRATED the Big 10 is? My goodness… 9 teams in the dance, including a #1 seed, and ONE team makes it to the second weekend and (IMO) promptly chokes, so none of their teams make the Elite 8? C’mon man…
They really need us to lift the league up.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom