Arkansas Post Game Thread | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Arkansas Post Game Thread

Reaction Score
Great to be back in the Elite 8. Excellent game tonight. Srifling on defense and tenacious on offense. Loved the assists which made for many layups. If we keep the turnovers down we are going all the way this year!

Congratulations to Arkansas for making it this far. The gap with UConn today was too wide to bridge.

Reaction Score
Hurley deserves serious Coach of the Year consideration. Except for the dry stretch in the middle of the Big East games, UConn has been pretty dominant all year. Instead of being dragged down by those close losses, the team has learned from those experiences and is a much more focused and coordinated team on both ends the last 6 weeks. That's mostly on Hurley. They are now a machine! You saw it tonight.

Reaction Score
Very disappointed…. Was hoping to add a close game to our resume! How will our guys learn how to close out a nail bitter?

But seriously this may have been the most worried I have been leading up to a game all season. That lasted for about… 3 possessions. They hit some tough shots to keep it close for the first 10 minutes but we had control the entire game. They say Musselman knows how to attack weaknesses really well. What does that say about our team?

Give Hurley more than Cooley. This tournament appearance has brought us all the way back. Lunardi has us projected as the 1 overall in his 2024 bracket (stupid I know). The brands back, we were picked to the final 4 by every ESPN analyst and we have somehow exceed expectations in these three games. I believe…. but most importantly the guys believe…. LETTSSSS GOOOOOOOOOOOO

Reaction Score
Great all-around effort. Got careless for stretches after we built the huge lead but we controlled the game from start to finish.

We’re back in the Elite 8!

Reaction Score
Wow. I’m more relieved than anything that I shouldn’t have to suffer through an entire offseason of Hurley can’t coach threads.
I've been waiting years for the BY MCBB room to become a baseball chat. I'm pumped

Dutch Boyd

A fine place to live
Reaction Score
D8747E36-295A-4BC1-B6F5-FF3712D2D049.jpeg

My mojo is working

Reaction Score
This team was unbelievably disciplined on defense today, especially in the first half. Kansas was undisciplined on close outs and played them too tight on the perimeter, which allowed drives and fouls for Arkansas (without any real defensive stopper in the middle). UConn went in to this daring Arkansas to shoot from the perimeter and not closing out too hard/biting on the pump fakes and it worked to perfection.

A perfect game plan and excellent execution. Arkansas is a fundamentally very flawed team offensively and Hurley exposed that.

Reaction Score
Good stuff. I think a key to this season was Hurley reconceiving the offense. Instead of going inside in to Sanogo, we started to drive more, Andre, Newton, Karaban and Jordan, all 4 of them started taking it to the hole. That gave us more space to shoot 3s, more dumpoffs downlow to Sanogo.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom