Arizona HC Adia Barnes on profane post-game pep talk: 'I’m not apologizing for it' | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Arizona HC Adia Barnes on profane post-game pep talk: 'I’m not apologizing for it'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I guess you guys never saw UConn’s Shabazz Napier after the men won the championship in 2014. The men felt disrespected by the NCAA after they’d been banned from the post season in 2013 because a previous UConn team, before any on the 2014 team were there, hadn’t earned a certain cumulative GPA. Shabazz let the world know what it could do with the disrespect after they won, on TV. Adia didn’t know the cameras were on her, Shabazz did. And it was more than popping his jersey.

View attachment 66601
And I loved it!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I just heard Tara say damn. Classless. Worthy of 4 or 5 pages of derision.
Why didn’t she just save it for the locker room?!
What happened to our pristine Western civilization?!
What would John Wooden, the Pope, the Spanish Inquisitors, and Christopher Columbus say?!?!

Reaction Score
Well, it's classless, but a powerful way to continue to motivate her team with "us vs. Them." She gave the finger to those who disrespected her team. On one level;, I guess I don't blame her.

Gus Mahler

Popular Composer
Reaction Score
For John Wooden a comparable expletive would have been, “GOLLY SHUCKS”, after which he would have apologized for losing his temper.
It would have been "gracious sakes alive" or some such. He forbade swearing during practices (as did, e.g., Bobby Bowden). Not sure about games.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
A Baylor player said the same word late in the men's Championship game. Mic picked it up very clearly. Will this get the same kind of reaction as Barnes? Absolutely not.

Reaction Score
I hope you don't teach your kids (if there are any) to grown as jerks. Oh I mean jerky beef teriyaki flavor.
A Baylor player said the same word late in the men's Championship game. Mic picked it up very clearly. Will this get the same kind of reaction as Barnes? Absolutely not.
First, most, if not all of the people who disapproved of the Coach are also disapproving of the player. Second, if you can’t see that there is a big difference between the Coach and the player, then I guess we’ll just have to agree to disagree.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It's a player, why would it get the same reaction as a person in charge?

Reaction Score
Come on. She was emotional and fired up. Not like she kidnapped the Lindbergh baby. Me personally...I admire the raw emotion of competing versus the interviews with rehearsed and worn cliches. It's better than wondering...what was she really thinking...or what did she really want to say. NOW...we know.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Well, she’s a woman and, of course, women are supposed to be the men’s definition of a lady all the time. Otherwise, she’s low class.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom